It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Matt Gaetz Investigated For Sex Trafficking

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Arrest Hunter Biden and throw him under the jail for all I care. This thread isn’t about Hunter Biden. I can’t think of anyone that actually cares about Hunter Biden except right wingers.

I.Don’t.Care.

Exactly. You don't care unless it scores political points for your side. You don't care about the girls victimized by Hunter, and you don't care about this 17-year-old. You just want to get the bad GOP critter.

And quite frankly that is sickening.

Frankly I’d appreciate it if you didn’t reply to any of my comments ever again.

LOL! Can't have everything you want!!!

People like you who make excuses for adults having sex with minors help perpetuate this kind of abuse.

I've made no excuses. I'm not the one who quite pointedly said "I.Don’t.Care."

And as someone who had had to deal with something similar personally I’d prefer it if you stayed away from me.

Thanks in advance.

And as someone who has been privy to the most intimate and horrendous details of the abuse and damage inflicted on actual prepubescent children subjected to absolutely horrific brutality, I will continue to make the very clear distinctions that I am making, and particularly to people like you who want to minimize and distract from that.

For cheap political points.

Because I can guarandamtee you that there is no comparison between a 17-year-old girl having consensual sex and walking away with a few bucks or trinkets in her pocket, and a 2-year-old so damaged and broken that she needs a complete hysterectomy and will NEVER live a normal healthy life. Your feigned outrage is bull#. And, unfortunately, I know it. So spew that crap with people who don't know. It won't work on me.

Sickening indeed.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: underwerks
a 17-year-old girl having consensual sex and walking away with a few bucks or trinkets in her pocket

Wow...

This place is going down faster than a 12-year-old at an R. Kelly concert.

Bravo!!

Peace
edit on 4-4-2021 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Let me fix that for you...

..there is no comparison between a 17-year-old girl having consensual sex and walking away with a few bucks or trinkets in her pocket, AND A 2-YEAR-OLD SO DAMAGED AND BROKEN THAT SHE NEEDS A COMPLETE HYSTERECTOMY AND WILL NEVER LIVE A NORMAL HEALTHY LIFE.

That anyone would dare try to magnify and sensationalize the former while totally and completely omitting the latter is vile, despicable and the sign of a depraved heart.

But good to know.

edit on 4-4-2021 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I can and I will ignore your personal experience because it is not what this thread is about...

You are presenting a worse case to make the other seems less despicable....

Good to know indeed!

Peace

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
a reply to: Boadicea

I can and I will ignore your personal experience because it is not what this thread is about...

It's not my personal experience. It's not my body that was brutalized and broken. It's not my life that was shattered before I was old enough to even know myself.

Therefore, you are not ignoring my personal experience. You are willfully and deliberately deflecting and distracting from horrific abuse in order to magnify lesser abuse for cheap political points. I can call both out for exactly what they are. I don't need to gloss over either. I'm just keeping it in perspective.

You are presenting a worse case to make the other seems less despicable....

No. I am presenting a worse case because others are presenting this case as thee most despicable for purely political purposes.

I am making the same legal distinctions that law enforcement, prosecutors, and courts make in determining appropriate charges and sentencing. I am making the same distinctions that children's protective services and children's healthcare providers make in determining necessary and appropriate medical treatment and counseling.

However, you are correct that I find it less despicable for a dirty (relatively) old man to have consensual sex with a 17-year-old girl than for any man to violently and brutally rape and batter and assault a pre-pubescent child.

If you want to make the case that they are comparable, and therefore deserving of the exact same response, then make your case. Tell me why I'm wrong. Tell me how the physical/psychological damage is equal. Convince me that consensual sex with a sexually mature 17-year-old is the same as the brutal forced rape of a small child by an adult. Explain why both should be charged and sentenced the exact same way.

And then explain why Hunter Biden is not receiving the same spotlight and outrage for his recorded actions with underage Ukrainian and Russian girls being trafficked as sex slaves.

Tell the whole world. Enlighten us all with your wisdom. Right here and right now.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Representative Matt Gaetz, Republican of Florida, was one of President Donald J. Trump’s most vocal allies during his term, publicly pledging loyalty and even signing a letter nominating the president for the Nobel Peace Prize.

In the final weeks of Mr. Trump’s term, Mr. Gaetz sought something in return. He privately asked the White House for blanket pre-emptive pardons for himself and unidentified congressional allies for any crimes they may have committed, according to two people told of the discussions.

Around that time, Mr. Gaetz was also publicly calling for broad pardons from Mr. Trump to thwart what he termed the “bloodlust” of their political opponents. But Justice Department investigators had begun questioning Mr. Gaetz’s associates about his conduct, including whether he had a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old that violated sex trafficking laws, in an inquiry that grew out of the case of an indicted associate in Florida.

Source

These definitely look like the actions of an innocent man. Greenberg went down and Gaetz started to sweat. The fact that he was also looking for pardons for other members of Congress is certainly intriguing. I wonder how many others were in on Gaetz' and Greenberg's action.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

These definitely look like the actions of an innocent man. Greenberg went down and Gaetz started to sweat. The fact that he was also looking for pardons for other members of Congress is certainly intriguing. I wonder how many others were in on Gaetz' and Greenberg's action.

Yes.

To accept a pardon is to EXPLICITLY admit to being guilty of the crime being pardoned. That is the way pardons work.

To seek a pardon - especially before you have even been charged with a crime - is acknowledging that you are aware that you are guilty of a crime and that you are in danger of being charged with a crime (but are too stupid to know that that is not the way pardons work).

IANAL but it might just be that 'seeking a pardon' before being charged with a crime might just nullify your 5th Amendment rights.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: rnaa

If the guy is guilty. Then he needs to be arraigned. Needs to be held until trial, or released on bond.

If a normal person was reported as being a statutory rapist, do you think they would be walking around free? And they probably would be on a sex offender list.

This whole thing is fishy.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

If the guy is guilty. Then he needs to be arraigned. Needs to be held until trial, or released on bond.

To quote an oldie but a goodie: Any Day Now

If a normal person was reported as being a statutory rapist, do you think they would be walking around free? And they probably would be on a sex offender list.

Yes. They would be walking around free until the investigation had enough evidence to be reasonably sure of a conviction. I'm sure you have heard of the principle "innocent until proven guilty". In America we don't arrest people based on rumors - we just give 'em a trial on the innertubes while the REAL investigators do their job.

This whole thing is fishy.
Well, I'll agree that trial by media is always fishy. But often that fishy smell is coming from the accused, and in this case Matt Gaetz smells like a bucket of prawns in the noon day sun.

edit on 8/4/2021 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Maybe there just giving him enough rope to hang himself

He's been quite a loose cannon lately.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Matt Gaetz’s Female Staffers Release Statement Defending The Congressman Amid Sexual Allegations Scandal

dailycaller.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Let me get this straight? There is evidence of a statutory tape. With a living victim as a witness. And no charges? Because there is an ongoing investigation?

In other words. There is no credible evidence to bring charges?

How much more time and investing do they need. You have a living victim as a witness.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat
Maybe there just giving him enough rope to hang himself

He's been quite a loose cannon lately.

Is that how it works?

I though the system was supposed to work on charging an individual when there was sufficient evidence. Especially to prevent the possibility of future victims.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Is he even under a restraining order to protect the supposed victim?

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I don't claim to know what's going on behind the scenes.
I'm just listening to the talking heads on TV. And reading this thread.

And imho I think Greenberg's lawyer is an interesting character. In a funny way.

edit on 8-4-2021 by crappiekat because: To add

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Let me get this straight? There is evidence of a statutory tape. With a living victim as a witness. And no charges? Because there is an ongoing investigation?

In other words. There is no credible evidence to bring charges?

How much more time and investing do they need. You have a living victim as a witness.

I didn't say there was no credible evidence - I have no idea what evidence they have or do not have. As I am not privy to the investigation teams (and there is more than 1 investigation going on), I cannot give you an answer.

Maybe they have to verify the witnesses story? Maybe they have more than one witness? Maybe they are investigating more than one potential crime? Maybe they want to see what his buddy that is flipping on him has to say, and then they have to verify THAT, etc. etc. etc.? Maybe there are several "co-conspirators" they have to pin down? Maybe everything is in front of the grand jury as we speak and they are going through each piece of evidence step by step. Who knows?

One thing they will NOT do is charge him unless they can prove the charge - you can bet on that.

But if they can at least prove what has been alleged in the public media (and he is certainly acting like he thinks he is in deep trouble) then he IS going down - "any day now".

But it will be on the prosecutions schedule, not the schedule that you or I might like to see.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 03:48 AM
link   

So. If he is guilty. How long no have they let a known rapist walk around with no restrictions to play political games. I think this is the true source of outrage.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 02:12 AM
link   
The full list of accusations against Gaetz has been released and the House Ethics Committee has started their own investigation:

Pursuant to Committee Rule 7, the Chairman and Ranking Member of the Committee on Ethics (Committee) determined to release the following statement: The Committee is aware of public allegations that Representative Matt Gaetz may have engaged in sexual misconduct and/or illicit drug use, shared inappropriate images or videos on the House floor, misused state identification records, converted campaign funds to personal use, and/or accepted a bribe, improper gratuity, or impermissible gift, in violation of House Rules, laws, or other standards of conduct. The Committee, pursuant to Committee Rule 18(a), has begun an investigation and will gather additional information regarding the allegations. The Committee notes that the mere fact that it is investigating these allegations, and publicly disclosing its review, does not itself indicate that any violation has occurred, or reflect any judgment on behalf of the Committee. No other public comment will be made on this matter except in accordance with Committee rules.

ethics.house.gov...

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
So let's all blame the messenger, the NYT, and say nothing about what Gaetz supposedly did. Typical for ATS. Deny ignorance, LOL!
So, you're saying we should all just assume he's guilty, because he likes the orange man, and everyone knows the orange man is bad?

There is only this rumor of an allegation with not one single accuser and many of his female staffers showing nothing but support, unlike Cuomo, who gets a free pass, even though there are multiple accusers - what is it up to now, 10? more?

If he is guilty of an actual crime, then fry his ass - but only after Cuomo is sentenced.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

That is not necessarily the 'full list' of charges that will eventually come out of the ongoing investigations by the Justice Department.

That is just what the Ethics committee put in their press release and is basically what has already been reported in the media.

We don't know what else is being looked at.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join