It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scarlett Johansson About Actors Making Political Remarks

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   
So refreshing to see a celebrity talking like that. I like her now more that ever. Seems like Black Widow has more balls than the rest of the Avengers.

"I don't think actors have obligations to have a public role in society," Johansson told The Gentlewoman.

"Some people want to, but the idea that you're obligated to because you're in the public eye is unfair.

"You didn't choose to be a politician, you're an actor. Your job is to reflect our experience to ourselves; your job is to be a mirror for an audience, to be able to have an empathetic experience through art. That is what your job is.

"Whatever my political views are, all that stuff, I feel most successful when people can sit in a theatre or at home and disappear into a story or a performance and see pieces of themselves, or are able to connect with themselves through this experience of watching this performance or story or interaction between actors or whatever it is."

"And they're affected by it and they're thinking about it, and they feel something. You know? They have an emotional reaction to it – good, bad, uncomfortable, validating, whatever. That's my job. The other stuff is not my job," Johansson said.

Scarlett is now officially #1 in my list of hot smart women. Someone in ATS is a very closed second place.

www.msn.com...
edit on 27-3-2021 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Bravo Scarlett! She’s a great actress as well!

+21 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Says the idiot who joined the women's march started by an antisemitic terrorist sympathizer, spoke at the event, and complained about how oppressed she is while wiping away tears with $100 bills.

So refreshing.

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   
On a side note, Scarlett Johansson stars in "Under The Skin". A really wierd and interesting film about an unknown entity wearing the skin of a beautiful woman (scarlett).

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I'm a SAG/AFTRA union actor, as well as IATSE.. And if I want to make political statements about any candidate, legislation, politician.... I will....

1st amendment applies to everyone; celebrity or day player!!

I have worked on the same project as Scarlett Johansson, I like her, but she doesn't speak for me.
edit on 27-3-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Never trust anyone, that plays "make-believe" or "dress-up" for a living.

Actors are overpaid, professional liars... akin to lawyers...

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
Never trust anyone, that plays "make-believe" or "dress-up" for a living.

Actors are overpaid, professional liars... akin to lawyers...

btw....I pay an extraordinary amount of taxes on my "overpaid" earnings.

Does that include...

Conservative actors like Clint Eastwood and other GOP actors or just libs.

www.insider.com...

www.ranker.com...

www.pinterest.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Maybe she changed for good. Nobody is perfect.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I'm a SAG/AFTRA union actor, as well as IATSE.. And if I want to make political statements about any candidate, legislation, politician.... I will....

I have worked on the same project as Scarlett Johansson, I like her, but she doesn't speak for me.

I don’t think she is saying you shouldn’t. I think she is saying it shouldn’t be a requirement for the public to know what political affiliation every actor/actress has. I’m sure it has a lot to do with cancel culture.
edit on 27-3-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   
But but but....in order to convince people that progressive politics are morally superior, TPTB need spokespeople such as Scarlett. Celebrities are the modern day revamp of subversive idol worship.

In other words, if she keeps that up she won't have a career much longer. And I still dont trust her words as far as I can throw her.

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I don’t think she is saying you shouldn’t. I think she is saying it shouldn’t be a requirement for the public to know what political affiliation every actor/actress has. I’m sure it has a lot to do with cancel culture.

It's not a requirement for the public to know. They can ignore anyone they want to. Use the goddamn on/off switch. Don't watch, We still have that option don't we? Who in Christ's name is forcing as a "requirement" anyone to watch anything?

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Actors paid to make political statements and paid to make opposite statements !!

Classic Hegelian Dialectic at work 😵‍💫

Feigned anger - Feigned outrage - Feigned kitten brushing and puppy petting 😵‍💫

The Hollywood Complex worth Billions of $$ 😵‍💫

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

It's not a requirement for the public to know. They can ignore anyone they want to. Use the goddamn on/off switch. Don't watch, We still have that option don't we? Who in Christ's name is forcing as a "requirement" anyone to watch anything?

I don't think you are getting the point, she is saying that celebrities should not have to talk about their political leanings to people or the press. I think she is talking about when the press interviews them, they will ask political questions or their opinion on things, and if they don't answer, the interviewer gets mad,

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Actors paid to make political statements and paid to make opposite statements !!

Classic Hegelian Dialectic at work 😵‍💫

Feigned anger - Feigned outrage - Feigned kitten brushing and puppy petting 😵‍💫

The Hollywood Complex worth Billions of $$ 😵‍💫

I get it, blame the media for all of societies ills; when no one is forcing anyone to watch anything. Buy it, or pass it up, your choice.

It's free market capitalism. Entertainment is a product in the marketplace, just like toothpaste & McDonalds... and And yes it's worth billions; I feel blessed to get a small slice. Even ATS is a part of media presentation, yet here you are.

I am a coproducer on a project about the way Covid is destroying families. I hope people watch it, but no one is forcing you too.

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I don't want to hear any political viewpoints from an actor, with the possible exception of Vic Tayback, who played "Mel" on the sitcom "Alice".

edit on 27-3-2021 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Sorry Trueman, you have been bamboozled.

Questionable actress in a question of hot takes is fake, fake, fake, fake.

Thx user projectvxn for calling it out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   

And yet...there she is trying to have a public role in society by making sure everyone hears her opinion on how actors shouldn't have public roles in society.

Your job is to reflect our experience to ourselves; your job is to be a mirror for an audience, to be able to have an empathetic experience through art. That is what your job is.

No...actors are people who get paid to play make believe to entertain other people...people are just kind of dumb and start to feel a sense of familiarity towards these people because they watch them all the time, so they start to actually listen to the dumb # these people say...

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   

With all due respect, I believe she is referring to those members of SAG/AFTRA and IATSE that have a tad bit higher profile.

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

With all due respect, I believe she is referring to those members of SAG/AFTRA and IATSE that have a tad bit higher profile.

I have no profile as a bitpart dayplayer. But should "high profile" actors be censored and not allowed to express their political opinion just because they are well known. I have worked with Clint Eastwood and he has my utmost respect but I reject his politics, still he has everyright to express his conservativism as Scarlet Jo has a right to express her BS.

What is it about the 1st amendment that is so hard to understand?

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Yeah

I doubt you’ll ever be interviewed and asked about how much you hate the current racist administration and the criminal first family, drug dealers and incestual sex offenders that they undeniably are

Land some better roles and maybe you will.

<<   2  3 >>

join