It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Senate Report Psy-Spy-Op?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Following on from long held concerns over TTSA/ AATIP shenanigans and the upcoming Senate UFO Report having 'psy-spy-op written all over it' there are some interesting parallels drawn in the vid below concerning the current players and Gerald Ford's efforts in the 1960's..

From 26:00

Beginning in December of 2017, rumors of a "Secret Pentagon UFO Study" was reported by the mainstream media. The result was an avalanche of UFO stories throughout the next couple of years; each one increasing the hope that Disclosure of some sort of alien existence, was about to become reality. As a result, Congress wanted answers. Now? They will get them from the intelligence community in mid 2021. But will it all be public knowledge, or just something for our elected leaders behind closed doors? And what, if anything, will be revealed? It may just be that the 1960s foreshadowed what might expect. But, is that a good thing?

Also a related link here in which Senator Rubio suggests the Senate UFO Report might be delayed and 'miss the deadline' but can't find out much more as the site is (still) restricted to unclean Europeans.

"When you look at how everything has unfolded, from the players involved and from the demand of a report I fear that the report itself will also have a parallel connection"

John Greenewald Junior

Considering the Pentagon 'public relations' involvement and all the promoted hype from corporate media (especially the spooky NYT and WP) then let's hope this doesn't all end up as just another well orchestrated 'Condon Report' whitewash.

"The Condon report was one of the most deliberate cover ups ever perpetrated on the public"

John Northrop (founder of Northrop Aircraft / Lockheed Corporation)

link

Catalina Channel:

Very relevant location to recent events and another related link here describing how 'a truly bizarre series of events unfolded around California’s Channel Islands' where service vessels were 'swarmed and pursued by UAVs'.

Could be nothing but probably worth pointing out that those same islands have been a UFO/USO hotspot for an extremely long time now and even on the same day as the Roswell newspaper report came out there were 'six flying discs over Catalina'.

The first California underwater UFO was on July 7, 1947 when two San Raphael teen-agers saw a "flat glistening object" emerge from the water, fly around and then dive back into the water 400 yards from shore. Throughout this same year, numerous steamers reported a mysterious 'undersea mountain' or a 'large mass underwater' which kept appearing and disappearing in various locations in the San Francisco Bay and down the coast. 

Following this, the sightings came regularly, in 1951, 1954, 1955, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1970, 1980, 1990, 1991, 1993, 2004 the list goes on, most from the Santa Catalina channel. The sightings involve many highly credible witnesses including lifeguards, security guards, law enforcement officials, military officers and countless citizens.

UFO/USO Reports from the Santa Catalina Channel.

Lots of very knowledgeable folks on this forum when it comes to possible TTSA/AATIP disinfo, misdirection and conditioning schedules but did notice that in every interview about UAP over the last four years Michio Kaku has been drip feeding the line about 'hypersonic weapons'.

Hopefully this won't be the catchall explanation they come up with to deter future research and explain away all the UFOs as described in this book.

BlackVault Links:

Gerald Ford Presidential Library UFO Documents

The Road to a Congressional UFO Hearing, 1960’s Style

When FOIA and Public Affairs Collide On The UFO Issue

Committee Hearings of the House of Representatives on Subjects Affecting the Naval and Military Establishments, 1966

Internal Air Force/Navy E-Mails on Unidentified Aerial Phenomena Revealed

edit on 27-3-2021 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   
America has a history of using the UFO topic for psychological operations going way back to the 50s. Ramped up in the 80s with the likes of MJ12, The Bennowitz fiasco, Dulce, The Vegas UFO Mob and their Dreamland fables and later - SERPO. A combination of ridiculing the subject for those who pay little attention and fostering a belief in cattle killing, crop spoiling, butt munching grey alienz for those paying too much attention.

The spread of disinfo has been aided by a bunch of UFOtainers hungry for material. Some unaware they are being played, otherwise fully aware of what they are doing. Even though its seeds can be traced back to just after SERPO fell flat and was exposed. This latest operation has also been tweaked to include the manipulation of a bunch of social media influencers.

For a country with 4% of the world's population the USA accounted for around 40-50% of Global UFO reports in the 20th century. I doubt that's a coincidence. This manipulation has had a long history with alphabet agents often on the boards of major UFO groups. A lot of it is to protect secret black projects, trace leaks and confuse adversaries.

Yet I think the real issue is what our government(s) don't know. They don't want us to know what they don't know either. The small residue of puzzling UFO reports that remain genuine 'unknowns' pose a problem. They could provide a new source of power and/or weaponry. Something adversaries would also want to get their hands on and study. Most other nations keep silent about the subject. America seems to prefer a much more overt approach.

edit on 27/3/2021 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

I think we can pretty much rest assured that nothing of any value will come out in this. The MSM has pretty much cancelled the UFO story and even if some Government report were to come out, they may not cover it.

I think the problem is that they see the UFO phenomenon as an unnecesary distraction from Party approved storylines that focus on Race, Reparations, Climate change, etc.

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I think some interesting report(s) albeit with redactions of course will come out of this task group to sew their narrative on where they want to lead the masses. Obviously, critical discerment skills will be required but the vast sheeple majority will only read the dumb down mockingbird narrative versions and continue down the path of illusion.

Luis "Lue" Elizondo I'm sure is lurking in the shadows & now Marco Rubio as the key pointman concerning all media outlet UFO propaganda raises alot of suspicion along with that NYTimes article last summer hinting on crash retrievals. They all serve the entertainment psyop business. The real UFO/advance tech, truth on the phenomena stuff AND admitting they really don't know would never be divulged to any political nor CIA stooge mouth piece. Don't know if just a strange coincidence or something more to it but both their parents are Cuban dissidents.

The UFO/Alien psyop that I think is eventually coming will make the corona psyop pale in comparison but will be a convergence of all this mass globalist agenda & distractions toward their endgame for humanity in creating a new reality.

The other more critical area of UFO sightings and strange anomalies is the HOTZONE...the corridor off coast of Florida, Bimini, Bahamas, AUTEC, down to western tip of Cuba, and down to the Yucatan.

(post by game over man removed for political trolling and baiting)
(post by Mandroid7 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

For a country with 4% of the world's population the USA accounted for around 40-50% of Global UFO reports in the 20th century.

Thanks for the post MM - don't know the total figure and would be interested to know the source for that.

Not too many left now but the fact that the U.S. has actually had numerous organisations where you could submit a report may have been a factor.

Yet I think the real issue is what our government(s) don't know. They don't want us to know what they don't know either.

Fair point and they may not be too sure about origin but I'd wager they're witholding mountains of pertinent information - there's some relevant info here concerning missing gun camera footage, satellite tracking capabilities and NORAD lying through its teeth - also thought John Schussler made a very interesting point below.

"There is no doubt in my mind that today if not many times over the past fifty years we have had the surveillance capabilities to completely monitor the activities of certain UFO flights –and know exactly when they’re going, where they’re going, how they’re going, where they appear form and leave to, all the characteristics about them – we have radar based devices that will not only show the distance, direction and azimuth of an object and all that but will also how shape. We have devices the army has developed for tracking projectiles – they check the acoustic wave and when something crosses over they can immediately track that data and go back to the source. That’s how they track where a mortar is or a howitzer. We can use that same technology – and its portable – for tracking UFOs. I don’t believe any of these things fly over our country today without being known and if somebody wanted the UFO mystery to completely disappear they could in five minutes release enough data to show exactly what’s going on and is not going on"

John F. Schuessler, Executive Director of MUFON

Also some interesting testimony below about the phenomenon of missing Naval log books:

Removal of Naval logbooks / Do not discuss

Don't know if they'll be given access to highly classified data from NORAD/NRO/NSA etc..but do you really think this Senate investigation will be in any way sincere or objective?

The small residue of puzzling UFO reports that remain genuine 'unknowns' pose a problem.

Never really been a fan of the small residue hypothesis - even if a person wilfully ignores all the missing hot reports (and BS USAF debunks) then isn't the actual unknown rate still more like 20%?

link

edit on 27-3-2021 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Wow the mods removed my post so my idea is off limits because it's political? That makes absolutely no sense. Government=politics. Government covers up UFOs. Whatever...

edit on 27-3-2021 by game over man because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

The MSM has pretty much cancelled the UFO story and even if some Government report were to come out, they may not cover it.

Oh no they're covering it Tony - here's a very recent interview with John Ratcliffe (Director of National Intelligence from 2020 to 2021).

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   
We finally get disclosure.

And, the site might go away.

I just don’t understand.

I think this report is HUGE.

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Thanks for the post MM - don't know the total figure and would be interested to know the source for that.

I've provided that by PM.

Don't know if they'll be given access to highly classified data from NORAD/NRO/NSA etc..but do you really think this Senate investigation will be in any way sincere or objective?

NORAD would certainly have more data but is also exempt from FOIA request. I don't think what is made public will be anything more than the usual statements about requiring more funding for more research and a few bland case details.

Never really been a fan of the small residue hypothesis - even if a person wilfully ignores all the missing hot reports (and BS USAF debunks) then isn't the actual unknown rate still more like 20%?

We only get to see what has been made public. A lot of cases lack enough information. So they remain 'unknown' without any real way of resolution and are never followed up. I suspect there are some very interesting cases we probably don't even know about and probably never will.

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow

I think some interesting report(s) albeit with redactions of course will come out of this task group to sew their narrative on where they want to lead the masses. Obviously, critical discerment skills will be required but the vast sheeple majority will only read the dumb down mockingbird narrative versions and continue down the path of illusion.

Appreciate the thoughtful on topic response mate and find it difficult to disagree with you there.

Luis "Lue" Elizondo I'm sure is lurking in the shadows

Yes looks like they may well be setting him up as the future authority on the topic - here's what they're teaching the kids these days via online schooling:

The UFO/Alien psyop that I think is eventually coming will make the corona psyop pale in comparison but will be a convergence of all this mass globalist agenda & distractions toward their endgame for humanity in creating a new reality.

Some very intriguing insight and really does look like this has been in the planning for a while now - did see that Rubio was on the Soros payroll and do find it interesting that it's seeming to converge with the technocracy agenda.

Should be a pretty wild ride in the next few years/months.

The other more critical area of UFO sightings and strange anomalies is the HOTZONE...the corridor off coast of Florida, Bimini, Bahamas, AUTEC, down to western tip of Cuba, and down to the Yucatan.

Well said and I know at the very least that Puerto Rico is a veritable hotbed for freaky UFO/USO reports - not at the same level but the Yorkshire coastline also generates similar eyewitness testimony.

Don't know if you've seen the vid below but sticking with the Catalina Channel there's some pretty wild police dispatch UFO recordings from the area on June 14th, 1992.

Apparently over two dozen witnesses in more than ten different locations (spaced no more than twenty miles apart) all reported extremely strange UFO activity on the same evening.

Thread

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12
Following on from long held concerns over TTSA/ AATIP shenanigans and the upcoming Senate UFO Report having 'psy-spy-op written all over it' there are some interesting parallels drawn in the vid below

Thanks, watched the part of the video you referenced about the parallels of the 180 day report with the Condon report.

As I've said before, I trust almost nobody on the UFO topic, but Greenewald is a rare exception who I don't think has fallen into the trap of being a "UFOtainer" like so many others in the field. He really does seem to be seeking truth, and his interests are also more varied than UFOlogy.

Regarding his points in the video, I suspect reactions to the 180 day report will be similar in some respects to reactions to the Condon report, in that people expecting any kind of "disclosure" aren't going to get it. From 2017 to now, the US military, specifically the Navy, has said that they will be encouraging pilots to report UFOs or whatever they are calling them now, UAP, UAS, etc. But they have already told us that investigation of such reports will necessarily involve analysis of information which can not be made public because it's of a sensitive nature that would reveal too much about US military operations, so the Navy is not going to tell the public the results of their investigations. On a broader scale, a broader report is also unlikely to reveal much. Greenwald has already placed a number of documents at the black vault that he says were released ahead of the 180 day report, this is just one example, so this is the kind of "disclosure" I expect to get in the report, some general reference, but the details can't be released for national security reasons and so on:

But as much as I like Greenewald, some parallels fall short between the Condon report and the 180 day report.
He makes the point that the Condon report backfired and instead of leading to more information about UFOs, it led to less information because it concluded Bluebook was not productive so it was shut down. How can there be a parallel to that now, since there is no project bluebook to shut down? The US Navy has already said it's not going to tell the public anything about the results of its UFO/UAP investigations, long before the deadline of the 180 day report, I think even before the bill for the 180day report passed, the Navy already said that they won't tell the public anything.

originally posted by: karl 12
Fair point and they may not be too sure about origin but I'd wager they're witholding mountains of pertinent information - there's some relevant info here concerning missing gun camera footage, satellite tracking capabilities and NORAD lying through its teeth - also thought John Schussler made a very interesting point below.
I'm not sure if you're contradicting yourself or if I just don't understand what you're saying here. Maybe the question is, small residue, from whose perspective? From your and my perspective, maybe not that small, but from the perspective of all the additional data military and intelligence has about UFOs that they never release to us, maybe to those people with all that extra information, the unknown residue is pretty darn small.

Just one example, the canary islands UFO, the US military knew exactly what that was, but there was no way they were going to publicly disclose it since the information was still classified and secret at the time, it was only decades later when it was no longer sensitive that it was declassified and now we know what this UFO was, that the doctor and his companions like the taxi driver said had a couple of humanoids inside the transparent sphere:

The Canary Island Alien Sphere, outstanding case

edit on 2021328 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 03:16 AM
link   
So good to read a proper ATS thread. Thanks, Karl!

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

How has the MSM cancelled the UFO story?

Just a few years ago, thanks to the efforts of TTSA, Nimitz / Tic Tac videos, and their overall story hit all of the major news outlets, and where circling around for quite a while.
That alone was a HUGE step.

Now, you have former Director of national intelligence stirring the UFO pot again - and Jun 1st we are going to get some revealed, and declassified info.

As for you saying "I think they problem is that they see the UFO phenomenon as unnecessary distraction". That's not the case. The issue is that the media isn't going to be keep something in the news if there is nothing to report. There has to be SOME kind of updates, SOME kind of relevant information for something to say in the news.

Considering most of the stuff regarding UFOs and ETs is classified, its just a non-story in most cases. However, you saw when things get declassified, like NImitz or TiC Tac, the media is more than willing to put their stories up.

Honestly, people always talk about the UFO/ET phenomenon being classified and how bad/evil the government is for doing so. First of all, it isn't 'the government' doing it. Its literally a few people in positions of power who decided to classify things. Since we don't know the full story, or their reasons for doing so, we automatically assume its because they are evil, bad, etc.

Imagine in the 1940s, you are a top general, and a crashed disc shows up. You have an important decision to make. There are extreme implications with either decision..... and the country is already trying to piece itself back together after a world war.

It isn't hard to imagine why the issue became classified.

Sharing the existence of ETs/UFOs with the public has many problems with it:

1) Technology - The ETs are obviously using advanced technology. By sharing with the public that we now have a crashed UFO - you are going to eventually have to discuss this technology - that could have global ramifications.
A) disruptive technology - Disruptive technology is technology that completely changes the order or structure of things. It upsets the current order of things. This would most certainly be disruptive technology.
B) tech falling into the wrong hands - once other nations know about whats going on, there will be a fight to figure out this technology first. The last thing we needed was an arms race immediately after WW2.

2) Public perception - Everyone has pre-conceived notions and beliefs. Not just individually, but human also have certain beliefs and opinions as 'groups'. Revealing that ETs and UFOs exist would not only change the way individuals think, but it would change the entire paradigm of every culture on Earth, and every nation. Once you open the door, and reveal that UFOs and ETs are a real thing - you can never close that door. Once you've officially stated that ET life exists, and is actively visiting our planet.... you've changed a human belief forever moving foward. This has implications that are far reaching, and would effect aspects of life most people don't even think about. Religions would be forever changed. Our understanding of who and what humanity is would forever change. Its a HUGE deal.
Think about the realization that humans aren't at the top of the food chain. There is a certain ease that comes with being at the top of the food chain. Humans have to worry about old age and disease.....not getting eaten by their natural predator each day. Then to wake up and realize we are not at the top? That's scary.

3) Public panic - There would very likely be an initial shock that comes with official disclosure. ET life is not an easy pill to swallow - especially the notion that ET life, more advanced than us, is studying/abducting us.

4) What exactly does the government know? - Going back to the example of a general in a top position having to make the decision to reveal to the public that UFOs are real, and ETs exist.... say you are that general . What exactly do you even know about UFOs? About ETs? Its very possible that even today, our government only have a tiny fraction of the big picture. It would be foolish for our government to reveal something to the public, when at the end of the day, they don't even know what is going on themselves.
I think it is VERY likely that whatever we think ETs are......they are not that. It is very likely that we are dealing with something FAR more alien to us than little green men from another planet. They could very well be multi-dimensional....and perhaps not even originating in the physical world. How does the government explain that one?

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

I agree a very good thread.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 07:55 AM
link   

NORAD would certainly have more data but is also exempt from FOIA request.

Yes mate NORAD actually claim 'in good faith' that they have 'no present activity in investigating UFOs' or that 'no formal documentation' is created by them.

Trouble is when John Greenewald Junior went through the Canadian version of the FOIA (AIA) he discovered they were actually the main repository for CIRVIS Military pilot UFO reports.

From 15:00

Documents

Also think Paul Dean is an excellent researcher (and ATS member) and he's done some sterling work establishing that.. 'NORAD, even so long ago, was very much concerning itself with serious UFO sightings made by US or Canadian forces, and any claims to the contrary are absolute nonsense'..

Continuing on from my last blog post, “NORAD And The UFO Smokescreen: Part 1”, I will carry on presenting evidence, in the form of declassified documents, that the North American Aerospace Defence Command (NORAD) has been heavily involved in significant, inexplicable and unexplainable UFO events since its formation in 1957..

NORAD And The UFO Smokescreen'

I don't think what is made public will be anything more than the usual statements about requiring more funding for more research and a few bland case details.

Thanks for addressing the question and call me cynical but really do hope it's not just another official public relations campaign attempting to provide plausible deniability and 'blanket debunk' the UFO subject as a whole.. like the one described below.

"The opposite conclusion could have been drawn from The Condon Report's content, namely, that a phenomenon with such a high ratio of unexplained cases (about 30 percent) should arouse sufficient scientific curiosity to continue its study. From a scientific and engineering standpoint, it is unacceptable to simply ignore substantial numbers of unexplained observations..."

Ronald D Story - American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics UFO Subcommittee

link

Along with the statement in the first post from Lockheed founder John Northrop he also apparently told an audience at the California Institute of technology that "The twenty first century will die laughing at the Condon report".

Too bad they're not, everybody swallowed it and there's a distinct possibility of another one.

edit on 28-3-2021 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Pretty amazing stuff there. The vid with Preston Dennett is very convincing of non human/unknown stuff going on there.
And the close up day time photo by Steve Thomson of a very clear domed saucer is real gold. Plus so many witnesses and the 911 audio records as well!

It's funny how society and academia and even media are so far behind the curve to this day. Fear of ridicule and defamation of character still rules the day. That will end some day.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   

A lot of cases lack enough information. So they remain 'unknown'

Yes mate if we're going off the findings from official investigations then it's stated in the largest ever USAF UFO study that if there wasn't enough data about the sighting it wasn't listed as an unknown it was listed as 'insufficient information'.

This was a good report, but the Air Force deliberately tried to mislead the public. The report actually showed that 21.5% of the sightings were unknowns.

UNKNOWNS, rather than making up 3% of the 3201 sightings investigated, comprised 21.5% and that there was a completely separate category “INSUFFICIENT INFORMATION.” The definitions are as follows:

UNKNOWN — This designation in the identification code was assigned to those reports of sightings wherein the description of the object and its maneuvers could not be fitted to the pattern of any known object or phenomenon.

INSUFFICIENT INFORMATION — The identification category was assigned to a report when upon final consideration there was some essential item of information missing…. It is emphasized that this category was not used as a convenient way to dispose of what might be called poor unknowns.”

Here is the quality distribution of the same 3201 sightings. Note especially that the better the quality of the sighting the MORE likely to be listed as an UNKNOWN.

A statistical comparison between UNKNOWNS and KNOWNS showed that the probability that the UNKNOWNS were just missed KNOWNS was less than 1%.

Bluebook Lies / Vid

Found it very interesting that 'the better the quality of the sighting the more likely to be listed as an unknown' and Ruppelt goes into a bit more detail below about classification status.

"To be classed as an unknown, a UFO report also had to be "good," meaning that it had to come from a competent observer and had to contain a reasonable amount of data.."

USAF Captain Edward J. Ruppelt's "Report on Unidentified Flying Objects"

More on opinions about unexplained rates from folks such as Ruppelt, Hynek, Randle, Fawcett etc. here but would say the general consensus is around 20%.

I suspect there are some very interesting cases we probably don't even know about and probably never will.

I'm pretty sure you've got it spot on about that.

edit on 28-3-2021 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Pretty amazing stuff there. The vid with Preston Dennett is very convincing of non human/unknown stuff going on there.

Certainly looks like that coastal area has experienced far more than its fair share of freaky UFO activity mate and Preston's done another good one here about Nov, 1957.

Briefly mentioned it in the first post but here's that flying disc report from Catalina around the same time as the Roswell incident - unfortunately the link has now been put behind a firewall.

One of the first such reports to make it into the local paper, was the supposedly widely-viewed account of several “flying discs” over Avalon in 1947, just about the same time as the infamous Roswell incident...

Not as widely reported at the same time, however, were a number of other “disc” sightings both before and after the Roswell incident.

On the evening of June 26, 1947, U.S. Army Major George Wilcox of Warren, Arizona, reported a series of “eight or nine” disc-shaped objects traveling near his home and at an altitude of about 1,000 feet above the nearby mountains.

That same evening, a Captain E.B. Detchmendy reported seeing a “white disc glowing like an electric light bulb” passing over Pope, New Mexico, a sighting echoed by several local townspeople.

Dozens of other sightings—many by military officers—were reported in the region in the coming days and weeks.

But the Southwest wasn’t the only venue.  Similar sightings were reported throughout much of the western United States as far north as Washington State and as far west as California—including Catalina Island.

On July 8, 1947, the very same day that Roswell’s Daily Record was reporting the initial “flying disc” story, a remarkable incident reportedly occurred in the skies above Avalon.  An article on the front page of the week’s issue of the Catalina Islander details an alleged sighting by three visiting Army veterans of six “flying discs” traveling at high speed from the northeast and passing directly over Avalon before disappearing over East Peak.

According to the story, the six discs appeared at about 1 p.m. and flew in a formation of two sets of three and were witnessed not only by the veterans, but by “hundreds” of others as well.

Alvio Russo, one of the reported witnesses and an Army Air Corps veteran who had flown 35 bombing missions over Germany with the Eighth Air Force, estimated the velocity of the discs at “850 miles an hour,” according to the story.

Bob Jung, listed as a “former aerial photographer” agreed with this estimate and said they were flying roughly as fast as the U.S. Navy’s “Tiny Tim” rocket, which he had photographed numerous times for the Navy.

Mysterious Island: UFO Action Galore

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

It's funny how society and academia and even media are so far behind the curve to this day.

Yes mate and thought there was a really relevant statement below from Stanford Professor of Astrophysics Dr Peter A. Sturrock.

"Most scientists have never had the occasion to confront evidence concerning the UFO phenomenon. To a scientist, the main source of hard information (other than his own experiments' observations) is provided by the scientific journals. With rare exceptions, scientific journals do not publish reports of UFO observations. The decision not to publish is made by the editor acting on the advice of reviewers. This process is self-reinforcing: the apparent lack of data confirms the view that there is nothing to the UFO phenomenon, and this view (prejudice) works against the presentation of relevant data."

Dr. Peter A. Sturrock, Professor of Space Science and Astrophysics and Deputy Director of the Center for Space Sciences and Astrophysics at Stanford University

'Do Your Homework Before Entering UFO Fray'

He also conducted some great work exposing the Condon report and revealed the 'huge disconnecton' between Dr Condon’s conclusions and the actual reports of the scientists who conducted the research (also how many of his final summaries were 'variously misleading, false or inaccurate').

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join