It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland Separatists - The great misdirection

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

....the SNP are strong enough to weather Salmond , whatever the # has happened with the SNP and Salmond its obvious its because Scotland are leaving the Union and this is a play to disrupt that effort
clear as #ing day.

What is happening with the SNP is because both Salmond and Sturgeon are egotistical, self-aggrandising, self-promoting twats who are trying to put their own personal advancement before the interests and well being of the people they allege to represent.
They are as amoral, nefarious and corrupt as every other politician who seeks to govern us.

To blame their failings and mis-doings on anyone and everyone else is a perfect example of Scots blindly refusing to accept that many of their problems are of their own doing and not down to those bastards to the south.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

UK Government to take the Scottish parliament to the high court to prevent them from passing legislation that protects Children's rights in Scotland. Let that sink in for a moment.

'm not a legal expert but as far as I can tell its not the content of the Bills they are challenging but rather the principle of foreign legislation being embodied into UK law.

Wouldn't it be simple just to re-draft the content into an 'original' document and then pass that through Holyrood?

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

UK Government to take the Scottish parliament to the high court to prevent them from passing legislation that protects Children's rights in Scotland. Let that sink in for a moment.

'm not a legal expert but as far as I can tell its not the content of the Bills they are challenging but rather the principle of foreign legislation being embodied into UK law.

Wouldn't it be simple just to re-draft the content into an 'original' document and then pass that through Holyrood?

Without London challenging it still?. No chance.

We do it this way then we can approach the international community for support and pull Westminsters drawers down on the global stage.
If this bill/law is shamelessly blocked everyone gets to see what Westminster is all about. Other than the Tories, It was unanimously voted for by all other members in our parliament. You know, the one with all these super devolved powers.

I do believe the SNP might just be playing our overlords at their own game. It's about to get interesting.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Project Fear never went away, it was in operation all throughout the Brexit debacle

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Brexit was a 'debacle', no amount of sugar coating will ever change that.

As much as I dislike Boris and his gang unfortunately we can't blame them for all of that, the EU played a huge part in that 'debacle' and bear a massive responsibility for their uncompromising and bullying approach to negotiations and post-Brexit relationships.

I know things have been skewed somewhat due to the pandemic but Brexit has hardly been the national disaster many Remainers predicted and hoped for.
In fact, if we look at how the EU has coped and managed the outbreak I think a good argument could be made for saying its a good bloody job we escaped from their clutches when we did!

And the pandemic was actually a good example of how the UK Union can work; Scotland has managed its own handling of the outbreak with support from central government when necessary - where would Scotland's vaccination programme be without support from rUK?

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 01:40 AM
link   

We do it this way then we can approach the international community for support and pull Westminsters drawers down on the global stage.

So you admit its not the actual content of this legislation that is important but rather the attempt at publicly shaming the UK government?

So much for trying to take the moral high ground.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

trousers dont need pulling down they do it themselves

anyway ive yet to see the SNP swan off with billions of pounds of tax payers money

or had out contracts to their pals

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 03:10 AM
link   

I dont see the SNP failing I see the UK media trying to smear them before a general election

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 06:25 AM
link   

It's better to publicly shame the Westminster government on the global stage than the other option of blowing them through the roof of a hotel at a party conference. Either option is fine by me. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, that's for sure.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Mate, you're a clever man.
Take those tartan tinted glasses off - the SNP is rotten to the core, exactly the same as every other major UK political party, (as far as I can tell they are pretty much the same the world over!).

Salmond and Sturgeon have made this whole mess themselves.
They are the one's who are dragging Scotland's reputation through the mud.
Their actions, no-one else's - certainly no-one outside of Scotland!

Sure UK MSM have delighted in reporting it, but no more than they would have done, or have done, if it were English/Welsh etc politicians.
Are you seriously suggesting they would be any less forgiving if they were English?
They would be a damn sight #ing worse I can assure you.

Both Salmond and Sturgeon put themselves on a pedestal with their moralising; they are no different from the rest of the self-consumed, self-promoting, self-aggrandising #ers who seek to lord it over us.

Not everything is the fault of the English.....some people in Scotland really need to take the blinkers off and accept a portion of the responsibility themselves.

If Scotland ever does choose independence then some people are in for a really sharp awakening when they realise it isn't going to become some sort of idyllic paradise and its just another set of bastards taking the piss out of you and taking you for a ride.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 01:03 PM
link   

So, first of all it was all about the faux outrage at Westminster's disregard for 'Children's rights in Scotland'.
When pointed out that it has absolutely nothing to do with that at all but is actually about the process of drafting legislation you then readily admit that your priority is about trying to somehow embarrass and/or shame Westminster regardless of the legitimacy or accuracy.

Seems to me that like Salmond and Sturgeon a lot of these Nats are just as amoral and unscrupulous as those there are demonising.

What a great founding for a new nation.
Same #e content just different wrapping as far as I can tell.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I don't think anyone needs to try and shame Westminster. It does that perfectly fine of its own accord. It's shambles.

You are the one who shouts and screams about how our parliament has all these powers yet when we draft our own legislation, unanimously voted on by the majority in our parliament, you're quite happy to see Westminster try and block it?. I thought we had all these powers as a devolved nation?.

You try and compare SNP Politicians to those sitting in Westminster. No Chance. feel free to point out where anyone in Holyrood has been thieving tens of billions from the public purse for decades, cash for questions, fraud, corruption, Bank allowed to launder money for some of the most brutal drug cartels in Latin America, Russian interference in political matters, and don't try and say it's not the case because it damn well is and you know it. London is full of oligarchs money laundering on a massive scale.

Westminster politicians up to their neck in facilitating the Selling of WMDs to wicked regimes around the globe...all with access to royals as a sweetener. Westminster involved in regime change, proxy wars in the middle east, illegal invasions. Paedo parasitic Royals, The list of criminal activity by Westminster and the money men is endless. B...B...but Scotland's SNP politicians are just as bad because of...eh, Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon?.

BTW, England voted for Brexit on a racists ticket. You keep saying it wasn't, but we all know it was.

Brexiteers must really be disappointed and left scratching their heads as to why they haven't yet witnessed police dragging Johnny foreigner from his home and beating and packing them into a cattle truck destined for relocation to the east.

If Scotland is such a Burden on the rest of the UK then they can stick it on a bus and hold a referendum. The big lie worked for them the last time.

But hey won't do that, and we know exactly why.

London needs us and it's not for our good looks and charm. Without our tax returns, England is in the #.
edit on 14-4-2021 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I don't think anyone needs to try and shame Westminster. It does that perfectly fine of its own accord. It's shambles.

Yes, it is a shambles.
So why not just let it shame itself instead of fabricating things and/or acting in exactly the same manner?

You do Scotland no favours at all.

You express your faux outrage then when called out its nothing to do with 'Children's rights' you just want to embarrass Westminster regardless of whether its accurate or not.

That's just as bad as those you demonise.

You are the one who shouts and screams about how our parliament has all these powers yet when we draft our own legislation, unanimously voted on by the majority in our parliament, you're quite happy to see Westminster try and block it?. I thought we had all these powers as a devolved nation?.

I've never expressed any personal opinion on this.
I simply explained that what is being contested here is Holyrood enacting foreign legislation.
According to Westminster that is against UK Law.

I am not a constitutional expert and can't really give a qualified opinion.

You try and compare SNP Politicians to those sitting in Westminster.

Because judging by Salmond and Sturgeon they are.

They are all about themselves; pushing and promoting themselves.
They display exactly the same arrogance and egotism.

Personally I trust no-one, and by that I mean absolutely no #ing one, who seeks to govern me and tell me what to do and who arrogantly believes they know what is best for me.

Salmon and Sturgeon have exactly the same drivers as the likes of Johnson/Thatcher/Blair/Cameron/Brown etc.

I would never defend the scumbags who infest Westminster....believing the likes of Salmond and Sturgeon - despite the evidence that is there for everyone to see - are cut from a different cloth is either naivety of the highest degree or just blind faith resulting from a locked in perspective that refuses to even consider that their dogmatic adherence to an ideology and belief may be mis-placed.

BTW, England voted for Brexit on a racists ticket.

You keep saying it wasn't, but we all know it was.

Absolute #ing bollocks.

What evidence do you have to support this lie?

Brexiteers must really be disappointed and left scratching their heads as to why they haven't yet witnessed police dragging Johnny foreigner from his home and beating and packing them into a cattle truck destined for relocation to the east.

Not at all.....because the vast majority would be appalled at anything like that and would oppose it just as passionately as most Remainers.

BTW, I do know some Remainers who are racist as hell....what relevance any of that has to this thread other than being a really crap attempt at deflection is beyond me.

If Scotland is such a Burden on the rest of the UK then they can stick it on a bus and hold a referendum. The big lie worked for them the last time.

You'll never hear me say Scotland is a burden.

But hey won't do that, and we know exactly why.

Once in a lifetime.....even Nicola Sturgeon said that.

Why can't SNP politicians just get on with running Scotland and trying prove what a good job they can do and how they do differ from Westminster?
May be then they'd have a far more valid argument?

London needs us and it's not for our good looks and charm. Without our tax returns, England is in the #.

That viewpoint has been disproved that many times I won't even dignify it with a response.

Many Scottish Nats remind me so much of the woke generation....nothing is ever their fault , they have an incredibly locked in view on things and its all about 'me, me, me'.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

The facts to go against what you have said. The UK (mostly England) pushes billions into Scotland over and above the tax take. Without Scotland the rest of the UK would be richer. The Scottish Government own figures (GERS) support this.

GERS 2019-20

Basically, revenues (tax) of £65 bn and spend of £81 bn = deficit of £15 bn.

If Scotland became independent it would have some serious cash flow problems which would make "Tory austerity" look like a walk in the park. All these "free things" courtesy of the deficit would be gone for a start.

The problem with the Scottish separatists economic case for independence is there isn't one. The fantasy case from 2014 was just that - a fantasy. They won't even say what currency they will use. These are critical assessments which will impact every person in Scotland with a mortgage, for example.

Remember that in the 2014 referendum the Scots would have left not just the UK but also the EU. At that time being part of the EU was not a big issue for nationalists. It's only become an issue because the "Tories did it”, so just another bit of contrary politics.

Nationalism seems to prevent half the brain working, or in some cases the whole brain.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 03:51 AM
link   
im not a nationalist because I dont want england to succeed or i want them to leave scotland , I am a nationalist because I want my nation to be independent and have its own powers and not let london rule us it has nothing ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with hating England or the English , yet thats exactly how scottish nationalism is portrayed "we hate the english , blame the english for everything"
We arent, its the #ing tories , just so happens the majority of those #s are english
so what , theyre #s because they are tories not because they are english.

nothing wrong with wanting your country to succeed on its own like every other nation on earth that is sovereign and independent.

and yes the tories are to blame for a # load of things in the UK
they have been repeatedly stealing our collective wealth for generations
people arent blind to it , they are doing it blatantly and then like hancock cry laughing in our faces
to mock us , and most of the # wits lap it up and ask for more

yes please mr tory man , stick it in another 10 inches

#in arseholes the lot , I thought britian was a pretty intelligent place , although it seems not as so many people keep pissing their votes up the wall and watching as the tories # the # out them , they love it
they are so complacent with tory lies

Britian will #ing burn as a result , unless we remove them from power

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

so what good old britain is only keeping us in the Union because we are a charity case?

whit a load of pish.

Lets see what the alernatives would be , what would Englands economic case be like without Scotland , say we did leave, what would England , NIreland and Wales do economically without Scotland

have a surplus ?
why the # are we even still in the union then ?
you keep us here for what reason ?

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 04:23 AM
link   
hahaha youtube algorithm
how hahahahah

edit on 15-4-2021 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
so what good old britain is only keeping us in the Union because we are a charity case?

I think you had a referendum in 2014. Remember that?

The Union is more than just the flow of money - it's about culture, society and shared history - but the fact that richer parts of the Union support poorer parts is an indication that it works.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I have to admit to being fed up with all this.
I would like England to have a vote on leaving the union.
The (mostly)German royal family pretend they are Scots anyhow, let them go North to Balmoral and we can have an elected prez and wash our hands of the whole mess of Norman Britain while we English go our own way.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 04:33 AM
link   
his sisters company

edit on 16-4-2021 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-4-2021 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join