It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland Separatists - The great misdirection

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Govt Incompetence.. the saga continues...

This is more an entry in the smh/ubuyingthis s/ diary rather than a specific rant,
UK security services are getting blatantly lazy in their tactics.
Scotland, post-brexit, rumbles of increased devolution/separation,
cue sex/political scandal with Alex Salmond (ex PM) against nicola Sturgeon (current PM). (internal/localized real housewives s1)
cue alex salmond starting his own political party to divide/conquer the status quo. (s2)
Media interviews show hes not even sure of the name/origin of his new party.
Im assuming Mi5 have "suggested" his current course of action.
i just like to highlight

www.express.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Midnite247

The only people to blame for the farce being played out in front of everyone are elements within Scotland itself.
But as usual they look to blame the usual scapegoats; the English.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Your right, but ... It's aliens .

a reply to: Freeborn

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 04:14 PM
link   

So come on then, give us some evidence or even reasoned thoughts to support your post.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   

All I see is the continuing feud between Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon , Salmond will split the SNP vote and so weaken Sturgeon leading to her downfall.

Sweet revenge.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

The only people to blame for the farce being played out in front of everyone are elements within Scotland itself.

C'mon let's be honest now, a little of Column A and a little of Column B

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I'm not so sure this will succeed, time will tell. Initial rumblings in the circles I move in don't show any interest in voting for his party, obviously we just have a name at this point, the Alba (pronounced Alappa, it's Gaelic) Party.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 04:35 PM
link   
And lead to the confusion within the devolution discussion ... (Answering 2 posts in 1) ... Standard Brit strategy , been done since splitting coal miners strike, student strikes, poll tax ,austerity protests... Divide and conquer... They don't get paid for nuthin .

a reply to: gortex

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Couldn't agree more. Scottish nationalism is driven by a narrative that is anti-English, spurred on by the politics of divisiveness, revisionism and make-believe. The fight between the ex and current First Ministers (Salmond and Sturgeon) just shows how broken and corrupt the Scottish state has become.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Your right, but Obv there's a flip side to thst coin .. U honestly think Brits are sitting on their hands watchin this and not working thru propoganda and security service as it is a national issue and this is Obv there job?
a reply to: paraphi

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 04:54 PM
link   

And lead to the confusion within the devolution discussion

Scotland is already Devolved , can't blame the English for a good old fashioned Scottish political feud.

"Once in a Generation" , Scotland voted.
edit on 26-3-2021 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I hope they destroy each other, the SNP are a joke.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Can't blame the English for taking advantage of manufacturing internal governmental disputes .
Similar to how US manufactured internal political upheaval in every country they wanted to overthrow . This is how democracy is destroyed. Subtly , overtly, by playing internal parties against each other. Whether it's by funding opposition parties or by propoganda thru media disparaging the party in charge .
It's not only in 3rd world countries they do this . Some infiltration and division is more subtle than others
a reply to: gortex

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Not even discussing the arguments for or against independence; the fact is that Salmond and Sturgeon have proven themselves to be just as nefarious, egotistical, self-aggrandising and amoral as their counterparts in Westminster.

I have come to the conclusion that regardless of political affiliation and/or nationality the vast majority of people who seek higher office are incredibly arrogant and are consumed with an overwhelming sense of their own importance. They seek to further their own personal agenda's before the well being, interests and wishes of those they allegedly represent.

Regardless of their politics etc I wouldn't trust either of them to look after my pint let alone run a country.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 11:10 PM
link   

The Scots are the best in the world at two things: 1) being brilliant and 2) screwing themselves over.

They don't need the help of MI5 to achieve dismal failure, they do this very well on their own.

All the people capable of leading Scotland to a successful independence are busy living fulfilled lives elsewhere - many run Westminster for example, while others live abroad in the sun.

The people left are cartoons who love 'the politics' rather than 'the outcomes'.

It's Soap Opera. The Scots will never be independent enough, there will always be plot extensions, and little intrigues to keep the audience engaged.

I am disappointed though.

As an Englishman I don't get a vote in deciding if Scotland leaves the Union. I don't really understand this: It's as much my Union as there's that would be broken up, like any divorce.

Perhaps the Scots are scared we might actually vote them out, and with it all the influence they have over us.

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

All I see is the continuing feud between Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon , Salmond will split the SNP vote and so weaken Sturgeon leading to her downfall.

Sweet revenge.

He is only standing in candidates in list seats and I suspect his popularity is a lot less than his ego thinks it is.

edit on 27-3-2021 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Couldn't agree more. Scottish nationalism is driven by a narrative that is anti-English, spurred on by the politics of divisiveness, revisionism and make-believe. The fight between the ex and current First Ministers (Salmond and Sturgeon) just shows how broken and corrupt the Scottish state has become.

Because it doesn't happen in Westminster?

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Not a Briton, so I have no stake in the outcome.

However. After decades of watching European politics, one thing that strikes me is that any part of the U.K. that wants independence needs a more realistic plan than "join the EU".

Although not part of the U.K., the experience of the Irish Republic has been informative. The EU uses Ireland as a cudgel when it wants to pressure London, but when Ireland ends up in an uncomfortable situation with London, the dynamics of political geography weigh more heavily than the hot air stream issuing from Brussels.

Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland would all be affected by the same dynamic. One could advise,

Choose your friends with care, but choose your enemies with greater care.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Fact 1.Alex Salmond Cleared of all charges.

Fact 2 Nocola sturgeon cleared of all charges

Fact 3 Boris Johnson found Guilty of breaking the law

Fact 4, Priti Patel Broke ministerial code over bullying

Fact 5, Hancock Guilty.

Salmond asks that everyone's first vote is for SNP. He's only running in the list elections. Second vote. He's not running against the SNP. He's trying to create an Independence supermajority.

The SNP are running Scotland just fine. They are outperforming anything Johnson and his cronies that's for sure.

edit on 27-3-2021 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Sweet revenge.

No, he won't. He's only running in list seats. Action for Independence (AFI) has today already stood down 40+ candidates to get behind Alex Salmond's new party.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join