It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Dimming the sun': $100m geoengineering research programme proposed

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

It's all in the feelings. This rich person makes me feel good vs. this rich person upsets me.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Freudian slip then.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Typo. There's no evidence they DO exist. There may have been small scale geoengineering experiments, but there's zero solid evidence that chemtrails are anything but an internet myth.

Of course they are its stupid that people think dumping something in the air at 35000 feet is going to do anything. Even this experiment bill gates is talking about is 200 miles up. Sadly people should have learned this in a chemistry class.

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 07:02 AM
link   

No, combination of not paying attention and starting to say "there's no evidence they exist" and "they don't exist". There's no Freudian slip, or anything else. It was a simple mistake.

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 07:56 AM
link   

No, combination of not paying attention and starting to say "there's no evidence they exist" and "they don't exist". There's no Freudian slip, or anything else. It was a simple mistake.

I was just playing, I knew what you meant the first time.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Spray it over the desert southwest during the hot parts of summer and cut the need for AC use that causes burning of fuel and higher CO2 levels
In the high humidity areas of the desert southwest add rainmaking chemicals to raise the rainfall to make the areas greener and wetter.

Give it 20 years and large areas of the desert southwest will no longer be desert

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

In the high humidity areas of the desert southwest add rainmaking chemicals to raise the rainfall to make the areas greener and wetter.

Rainmaking chemicals? Like what?

Are you talking about cloud seeding? That doesn't really do much more than maybe make a cloud rain a little bit before it was going to anyway. Maybe.

edit on 3/28/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Mark McCandlish has talked a bit on this topic. I am looking for a video of his that I watched, but can't seem to find it now. Some interesting claims were made in it; unlike other claims he's made, I'm ambivalent about the factual basis of this. Going off of memory, but from what he said, some efforts had been made to not only use chemicals, but nano-particles (think extremely small pellets with particular shape and composition). The talk was a bit eyebrow raising, hopefully I can track it down.

This just sounds like a bad idea: let's dump massive amounts of chemicals into the atmosphere and hope that we've covered all the bases, in terms understanding and predicting the ripple effects. Invariably when man tries to play an active hand in nature, the 2 usual outcomes are : a) intended effect isn't produced and b) unintended knock-on effects are introduced into the system. This has happened again and again with introducing new species into ecosystems for pest and population control.

If anything, I agree with Labtech; it'd be much better to put the money into R&D for an extra-atmospheric method for manipulating sunlight. That way when the project is stuffed up in the early stages, the negative consequences don't include any chemical byproducts inside our atmosphere.

ETA: found the talk

edit on 28-3-2021 by SleeperHasAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

They are about to test a small amount 2kg I think of calcium carbonate/chalk dust.

Some more info here mate.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

I could only make it the first 20 min because well hes clueless. He has no idea what a phased array is or what its used for. For example they are in common use in aircraft radar. An active electronically scanned array (AESA) is a type of phased array antenna, which is a computer-controlled array antenna in which the beam of radio waves can be electronically steered to point in different directions without moving the antenna. They dont increase the signal or heat things up it allows you to control what direction you send a signal. Its very similar to noise cancelling headsets actually it creates lobes. The main lobe transmits radiated energy in the desired location while the antenna is designed to destructively interfere with signals in undesired directions, forming nulls and side lobes.

The other purpose of phased array is to prevent people from picking up the signal if your behind or to the sides of the radar direction you wont get a detection. Meaning they wont see you as your trying to see them. Phased arrays are even being used in radar detectors now so if i cop tries to hit you with a radar gun it will tell you the direction and distance from you. Needless to say if sending a signal phased array is the way to go you can beam a signal directly to a ship that no one can intercept for example unless they were between the two ships. Your not going to increase the signal like he believes you can only produce the whatever the antenna is rated at.

And in conclusion your not going to heat up anything with it if it did you would be dead when you go in for medical tests as it is used in MRIs ( Magnetic resonance imaging). All phased arrays do is either tell you what direction a signal comes from or send a signal to a location. They simply dont need the radar dish like they used to same with sattelite dishes thing of the past no more large cones pointing sykward.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Where I live (Manchester, UK), our skies are grey & overcast probably 95% of the time these days, despite starting out blue first thing in the day - the planes fly over, the 'clouds' start forming..

Guess what happened when the planes stopped flying in Spring 2020..? We had glorious, deep blue skies & occasional natural clouds cycling in & out of the picture for MONTHS - predominantly beautiful blue skies, maybe 65% of the time.

Now that we're back with planes in the sky, in Spring 2021? Low cloud cover grey skies, no sunshine, no deep blue skies. I've been waiting for months for a cloud-free night so I can go stargazing in the Lake District (mountains, forests, lakes near us) - no chance. Every day is grey sky day. Lame.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

The weather will be better in Cumbria.

The Lakes are beautiful.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

I could only make it the first 20 min because well hes clueless. He has no idea what a phased array is or what its used for. For example they are in common use in aircraft radar. An active electronically scanned array (AESA) is a type of phased array antenna, which is a computer-controlled array antenna in which the beam of radio waves can be electronically steered to point in different directions without moving the antenna. They dont increase the signal or heat things up it allows you to control what direction you send a signal. Its very similar to noise cancelling headsets actually it creates lobes. The main lobe transmits radiated energy in the desired location while the antenna is designed to destructively interfere with signals in undesired directions, forming nulls and side lobes.

The other purpose of phased array is to prevent people from picking up the signal if your behind or to the sides of the radar direction you wont get a detection. Meaning they wont see you as your trying to see them. Phased arrays are even being used in radar detectors now so if i cop tries to hit you with a radar gun it will tell you the direction and distance from you. Needless to say if sending a signal phased array is the way to go you can beam a signal directly to a ship that no one can intercept for example unless they were between the two ships. Your not going to increase the signal like he believes you can only produce the whatever the antenna is rated at.

And in conclusion your not going to heat up anything with it if it did you would be dead when you go in for medical tests as it is used in MRIs ( Magnetic resonance imaging). All phased arrays do is either tell you what direction a signal comes from or send a signal to a location. They simply dont need the radar dish like they used to same with sattelite dishes thing of the past no more large cones pointing sykward.

www.science.gov...

Experiments in HF ionospheric heating using the High­frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP) facilities have tremendous potential for informing our investigation of the Earth's upper atmosphere, ionosphere, and magnetosphere. They provide a unique opportunity for quantifying and modeling the multi­scale coupled processes that characterize the interactions between the plasma in near­Earth space, the Earth's magnetic field, and the neutral gasses of the atmosphere. Physical parameters of the region are often difficult to measure with ground­based instruments, and the measurements that are possible are often poorly resolved in range or time or unavailable outside narrow altitude regimes. HF ionospheric modification experiments allow us to measure ionospheric and thermospheric state parameters more systematically and over a broader range of conditions than would otherwise be possible. HAARP is the world's most powerful and most flexible HF transmitting facility, capable of generating 3.6 MW of RF power over a frequency range from about 2 MHz to about 10 MHz. The electronic phased array antenna provides the ability to direct the RF energy to a large region of the sky above Alaska. HAARP was constructed through a research program managed by the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL), and the Office of Naval Research (ONR). It was jointly funded by AFRL, ONR, and the Defense Advanced Projects Research Agency (DARPA). These agencies ended of their program of HAARP research in 2014, and donated the site equipment to the University of Alaska, Fairbanks (UAF), in the summer of 2015, who now operate the facility as an international observatory for radio plasma heating and subauroral physics. Since taking control of HAARP, UAF has carried out research campaigns in February 2017, and September 2017. The topics investigated in the campaigns included the physics of ionospheric irregularities (FAI), the stimulated electromagnetic emissions (SEE), generation of optical

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Yes, HAARP used a phased array, but that doesn't mean that he's right about how it works. Altering a storm would require massive amounts of energy, as would frying avionics on a plane. The F-22 was supposed to be able to do something similar to what he claimed, using a phased array antenna setup on the aircraft, but the range was found to be in the single digit miles when they tried to put it into operation. The power levels to do anything close to what he's saying are just too high, even for ground based systems. HAARP uses the phased array setup to steer the signal without having to physically move the antennas. That's the major advantage of a phased array antenna. The computer is able to steer the signal without steering the antenna itself. It allows for much more accurate signal steering, less chance of antenna problems, and less weight for the system, because you don't need the motors to move the antenna.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Sorry had to do it...NASA Rainmaker...

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Yes, HAARP used a phased array, but that doesn't mean that he's right about how it works. Altering a storm would require massive amounts of energy, as would frying avionics on a plane. The F-22 was supposed to be able to do something similar to what he claimed, using a phased array antenna setup on the aircraft, but the range was found to be in the single digit miles when they tried to put it into operation. The power levels to do anything close to what he's saying are just too high, even for ground based systems. HAARP uses the phased array setup to steer the signal without having to physically move the antennas. That's the major advantage of a phased array antenna. The computer is able to steer the signal without steering the antenna itself. It allows for much more accurate signal steering, less chance of antenna problems, and less weight for the system, because you don't need the motors to move the antenna.

Yes, I'm in agreement with you Zaphod. As I mentioned when I first posted the video " Some interesting claims were made in it; unlike other claims he's made, I'm ambivalent about the factual basis of this." . I really enjoy Mark's talks about Alien Reproduction Vehicle and other aviation related stuff, but the chemtrail talk was stretching things a bit.

I posted the information on HAARP as a rebutal to dragonridr's statement that "it's not going to heat up anything", when in reality that's exactly what HAARP was designed to do (experiments with heating portions of the ionosphere).

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 09:23 AM
link   

He's right though. The way it was described in the video, the fact that it's a phased array antenna is responsible for the heating. The antenna has nothing to do with the heating, it's the energy passed through the antenna that eventually causes the heating. The antenna is simply the way the energy is passed to the atmosphere.

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Dimming the sun will only cause less growth of plants. They're deliberately going to cause a major food shortage. What do I know..😕

And here we are in 2022 facing a food shortage.

It turns out that they just force farmers off farms to guarantee we all starve.

I can't wait to eat cockroach trifle...

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

It's curios that if they have been doing this for years that they would wan to try it now. One would think they knew if it worked by now, and why bother telling anyone at this point?

this is how you get skynet, we don't want skynet.
They already did it.

They just chose to tell us after the fact.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join