It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good UFO books?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Could anyone reccomend me some good UFO books?

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Fire In The Sky.. If its a book because it was a great movie.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
There's some good books listed here:

www.majesticdocuments.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Communion

A Fantastic read

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Ironically enough, Above Top Secret by Timothy Good and also Alien Agenda by Jim Marrs. Enjoy!

Peace

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
This thread and others like it suggest that it would be beneficial for members to have a forum dedicated to ATS book reviews. Let's make it happen SO

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
suggestions form

If anyone thinks is a good idea, suggest it. maybe several suggestions will warrant attention (but don't flood out admin with requests, put a post to say you've done it too.)

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
"Unearthly Disclosure" by Timothy Good. This book was great. At times I had to stop reading it because it got to freaky. I was having trouble sleeping at night

"The Threat: The Secret Agenda" by David M. Jacobs. This was also a good book. Very easy reading. Book mainly focuses on abductions. A lot of talk about hybrid races also.

[edit on 21-3-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
There are some very good books in french. If any french-speaking person wants more informations just tell me i'll give you a list of my favorite.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by minimi
suggestions form

If anyone thinks is a good idea, suggest it. maybe several suggestions will warrant attention (but don't flood out admin with requests, put a post to say you've done it too.)

I tried this link and it went to reply to this thread.

I think it's a good idea for books, movies and documentaries.

Two good books, Diclosure by Dr. Steve Greer, and The Day after Roswell, by Col. Philip Corso.

Reading Above Top Secret, by Timothy Good right now. Very good so far.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Ones mentioned are excellent, as well as anything by Friedman, Schmidt, Randles, Howe, etc.

None are gospel though, be sure to take them all with a grain of salt, and see speculation for what it is, amongst all the facts. Be sure to read those of skeptics too, to help weed out the frauds. Of course, not all skeptic persecutions are accurately either, but be sure to look at both sides to piece together what you think is truth...

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
some good books i read were:

above black - dan sherman
alien agenda - jim marrs
day after roswell - philip j corso
witnessed - budd hopkins
communion - whitley streiber
above top secret - timothy good
hunt for zero point - nick cook (although not about ufo's, per say)

oh, and let me add that the last statement that gaz made about "a grain of salt" is well put.

[edit on 22-3-2005 by el cid]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
im reading a few right now, i got these really cheap from ebay and they are in top notch condition

Visitors from Time by Marc Davenport (1992)

Nephilim-TR PB/L. A. Marzulli

Alien Encounters by Chuck Missler, Mark Eastman (1997)

Confirmation by Whitley Strieber

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by enrage
im reading a few right now, i got these really cheap from ebay and they are in top notch condition

Can you comment on these. I might be interested in buying these but I wanted to know how you felt about these books so far. Anything interesting to report?

[edit on 22-3-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Event Horizon

Originally posted by enrage

Can you comment on these. I might be interested in buying these but I wanted to know how you felt about these books so far. Anything interesting to report thus far?

honestly i havent touched them yet since im still reading Visitors from Time. Visitors from Time is a very well written and very well documented book. the reviews ive read from Nephilim-TR PB/L. A. Marzulli & Alien Encounters by Chuck Missler, Mark Eastman (1997) all seemed to be really good. I read the reviews on amazon before I placed my bid on Ebay. apparently both those books are in high demand. I lost a few auctions that had both those books. the book by chuck missler and mark eastman is especially hard to find for some reason. I guess its one of those ufo must have books.

[edit on 22-3-2005 by enrage]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
A couple that stand out in my mind would be:

'Abduction' John E. Mack, and

'UFO The Governmet Files' Peter Brooksmith

As already mentioned above, 'Above Top Secret' and an older book I found original would be:

'Flying Saucers - Serious Business', Frank Edwards.

Keyhoe's as well as Corso's aren't bad.

Dallas

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
also, i enjoyed LEFT AT EAST GATE, by larry warren & peter moon, reagrding the rendelsham incident in 1980.

a book i HAVEN'T read yet, but will order soon from amazon is YOU CAN'T TELL THE PEOPLE by georgia -- i can't remember her last name, but it deals with the rendelsham case and i heard its good too.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I've read Confirmation and seen Fire in the Sky. Both where pretty good.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I recommend Blue Blood True Blood by Stewart Swerdlow, not really about ufo's, but about the alien races that exist in the milky way. Also Montauk: The alien connection by Stewart, his personal abduction story.

All the best
Merger

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
On Pilots and UFO's by Dr. Willy Smith
Mar 97
ISBN Number omitted $12.95

This is a collection of the initial reports made by pilots of the following incidents:

Ft. Monmouth Nj 1951
Yakima, 1952
Shreveport 1952
Greenville 1952
Anchorage 1953
Kinross, MI 1953
Seven Islands Lab, 1954
Tonopah, NV 1957
Over, PA 1959
Valencia, Spain 1973

The Unicat Project

Interesting reading, by the way.

Given that airline pilots no longer report UFOs, these older reports may be the best available in terms of formal initial reports that are out there. Several airline pilots, incl my brother, have told me over the years that any airline pilot who reports a UFO will be terminated for cause or medically terminated. Just as pilots no longer report "near misses" UFOs are no longer reported.

It was stressed that reporting of a UFO is an immediate "career ender" for any US airline pilot.

I bought the book at the National UFO Convention in San Antionio, TX around 1999, along with a book by the late Constance Clear (I'll post something about it as soon as I find it).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join