It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terri Schiavo, Tom DeLay's Attempt to Avoid Ethics Commitee Attention

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Well, the sly devil has done it again. It's the name of the game, politics. He is using the Terri Schiavo case to avoid media attention on his ethics while in Congress. And on top of that the Republicans are saying, "It's wise to choose life in a case like this." Ofcourse it is, but how can it be credible when you slash medicaid funding while giving so much attention to one person?

[edit on 21-3-2005 by National Security Agency]

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Very simple the man doesn't hold anybody at hart including Terri, but the interest groups that are pushing now for the pay back.

Its pay back time in the American politics.
It's no longer required for the politician to hide their agendas, is now out in the open.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
While I don't think it's any secret the GOP enjoys a good circus distraction from what they actually do like slash the kind of funding that keeps people like Terri alive or rehabilitates brain damaged vets, I don't think it's a diversion from the ethics committee.

After Tommy Boy's third slap last year, he had the thing gutted and neutered. There will be no more ethics violations anymore unless a Democrat does something.

The GOP aisle has been declared an Ethics Free Zone absent any oversight.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Also, the Baseball reform commitee was another circus.........When will these dousche bags in Congress do something meaningful?

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I have mentioned in a different thread that the motive behind targeting Major League Baseball was to forward an agenda of power in decision making in the health care debate in the United States.

Now, the Republicans are apparently taking the case of Terri Schiavo and cashing in on their ability to force and win votes into more influence. In future votes, as they come up in Congress, they will be able to reference their unified position through these actions and they will have the support of the American public who watched them on TV and who agree with them.

It is a way to galvanize their existing majority and unfortunately for Terri Schiavo, a way to use her as a means to a much larger objective.

Now, what that objective is, I really can't say for sure. There seems to be so much on the menu for the GOP to choose from (as well as all their special interest groups) that they're probably having a hard time deciding themselves.

As for the President, he'll most likely go back to sleep and have some one wake him up when its time to sign something else.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Very good said and analyzed granitehead, we are the poppet's and they are the poppet master, I wonder which one Bush falls under.

[edit on 21-3-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
if they have the right to intervene in Terri's behalf to save her life, will this also give them the right to intervene in others, to take it away?

to me, this sounds like it might be a motive. It isn't good enough that the doctors and family make these decisions.....too costly.....much better if the government and courts make it....and well, much cheaper also!!

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
These nuts in Congress have a little too much confidence in their power. Did anyone see that clip of Pat Robertson on CNN saying, "They should just override these silly courts." I guess Pat wants a dictatorship?

top topics

join