It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3D Cartooning took a giant leap forward for you, your Browser and is free

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I'm not one to make a lot of suggestions or links to other places.... so I must be pretty impressed or really like something to pass it on to the membership here at ATS. I also know your time is valuable so let me narrow it down for you.

Watch this video of Jazza, a very clever and humorous artist as he discovers this new Browser 3D animation creator called "Monstor Mash". If you like what you watched and want to proceed, there will be a link down below (CAVEAT: before trying anything, click the HELP to get your head right)

This turns Drawings into 3D Animations in SECONDS!!

If you made it down to here then you are either interested or just curious. As far as I can tell the Demo were using is free, No signing up, no credit card, no nothing (that I've found) and you can save and upload projects. If you make a mistake you can click on the Trashcan and it deletes whatever you 'last did' (action or drawing).

By the way even if you have no drawing skills at all (like me), you can draw a ball (everyone can draw a Ball), then with one click it's inflated in 3D. It's hilarious, I made all sorts of little ping pong balls bouncing all over the place in less than 5 minutes...

Anyway... whomever created this needs to get a higher paying job because this just changed everything. The link is at the bottom of this page, but I wanted to post requirements and descript stuff.. And for reference, I used for my test platform an old Windows 7 OS to just see what would happen. It worked find with no lag or glitches.

This demo accompanies a paper Dvorožňák et al.: Monster Mash: A Single-View Approach to Casual 3D Modeling and Animation published in ACM Transactions on Graphics 39(6):214 and presented at SIGGRAPH Asia 2020 conference. The source code for this demo is available under the Apache-2.0 license. The demo is free to use for evaluation and research purposes.
1.1. Requirements

Monster Mash demo should work on any platform in a recent browser that supports WebAssembly & WebGL 1.0. The device should also have sufficient computational resources. If the Monster Mash demo is crashing on your device, please check if you have installed the latest version of the operating system and your favorite web browser.

Although the Monster Mash demo should also work on recent more powerful phones, it is preferable to use it on a tablet with a larger screen. The current user interface is not optimized for small screens.

Monster Mash demo can be controlled using a mouse, touch, or stylus. For the best experience, we recommend using a stylus on a tablet.

The Monstor Mash Zone

Let me know if you liked it
Johnny

edit on 3/24/2021 by JohnnyAnonymous because: typos of course

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 01:27 AM
link   
AWESOME! That is an ace find 👌, shared it with family already. 🙂

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

Great video the guy's enthusiasm is hilarious at one point. He really likes the product. It looks like hours of fun are to be had.
Great find Johnny thanks for posting

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I'm having so much fun with this!

Just got through making some crude looking snake slithering. I still can't believe I'm doing this with no download and in my browser no less.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   

This is fantastic, Johnny!

Not long ago, this kind of thing would have required expensive software and high-end hardware.

I tried on my aging Nokia 6 smartphone, it works fine except the smaller canvas and the animation, which is very slooooow.

I started with a simple triangle and realised that whilst it's in the animation stage, you can click and drag from the object to another area of the canvas and the object will stretch in that direction.

Here's where I'm at after just a few minutes...

I'm an amateur graphic artist, mostly abstract and arty text stuff, so this opens new horizons at zero cost.

Great find!

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Thank you for sharing, it looks amazing! Bookmarked

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22
Not long ago, this kind of thing would have required expensive software and high-end hardware.

I tried on my aging Nokia 6 smartphone, it works fine except the smaller canvas and the animation, which is very slooooow.

Glad you were able get it to work on a phone... It's not designed for phones...lol So thats something in itself that you got it to work!

I agree with your statement; "this kind of thing would have required expensive software and high-end hardware. " I tried dabbling around with several forms but it would take hours to get a finger drawn and then move. And then add the rendering process and so a few hours later you'd have.. well darn it.. I made a mistake, guess I'll have to try the whole process again... Very Laborious and Time consuming process.

This in five minutes accomplished what would've taken perhaps days before. This is truly an amazing piece of code... and this is just the beginning! Holy Mackerel, can you imagine where this technology might be in a years time?

This and Deep Fakes has been on my 'Look-into' list for awhile.

Johnny

edit on 3/24/2021 by JohnnyAnonymous because: tiny tiny typos

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Absolutely! Near future evolutions of these type of applications will bring digital art making to the masses.

When I first started using art programs I was heavily frustrated by their limitations, clumsiness, over-simplicity or over-complications. Wonderful ideas remained in my mind's eye because I couldn't illustrate what I imagined. I often had to revert to pencil and paper to render my ideas, but the end product was never exactly right and editing is nigh on impossible in the latter stages of the work in progress. Animations or 3D was beyond my skill level.

I often dreamt that one day we could simply project our thoughts into a program and not be restrained by the mechanics of a mouse, keyboard or stylus. It would surely unleash the artist in everyone. This new technology is a step towards that goal.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 03:43 AM
link   
So it's been awhile and the "Jazza guy" asked folks to create a static 2d image and he would turn it into an animation using this 3-D modeling software. And he has some really clever submissions. It gets quite comical at times too.

I'm still amazed by it not just for the simplicity of how it interacts... but just because of how quickly one can do it with so little rendering time.. I'm still mind-blown here!

top topics

join