It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finnish astrophotographer J-P Metsavainio's photo of The Milky Way that took 12 years to create.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Saint Exupery

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. We can only say that we have not found life elsewhere (yet). We cannot say that it is not there.

The evidence is there is no life out there. It doesn't exist . Zero . Zilch . Nada. What we can say is what i already said...
As of this moment we are alone and only life in the entire universe. There is zero evidence to say otherwise.

think we're pretty special, but I don't know that we're unique.

Special , Unique and the only observers of the universe as of this moment.

Alliterative, but not supported by any commission, evidence or our ability to carry out such a duty

It's already started with the Space force. Soon as Elon gets people to Mars. We will have another department. If we are the only ones in the universe as the evidence POINTS to as of this moment. We only need to govern ourselves. Which means we already have many governments that do that already ... Moot point.

So, if there are 100 billion planets in the galaxy, life should be on 100,000 of them. That's how arithmetic works.

Wrong. For this to be true. So me 1 planet outside earth that has life. Just 1. Don't worry i'll wait.

a meteorite found in Antarctica, whose origin was traced to Mars. Electron microscopy revealed what appeared to be fossilized bacteria, biofilms and other potential biosignatures.

Contaminated hearsay sample. Nothing more. Scientists LIED for decades and DECADES to get more funding for mars rovers.. They were so sure there must be life they will say any BS to get more funding. Covid proved to me science can be bought and paid for . Mars should be ego is far more fragile for scientsts who been dead wrong about mars and now looking for any bs excuse to claim life on mars...

Till this day there is ZERO evidence of Life on mars. Past/Present and i suspect future.

he possibility of life on Mars is a subject of interest in astrobiology due to its proximity and similarities to Earth. To date, no proof of past or present life has been found on Mars.

-Wiki life on mars.

Wrong. See above.

Yes you are wrong . We know. Your own article debunks you .

That's a non sequitur.

Take your meds child.

How can you say they are wrong? Do you have better evidence that them? For what it's worth, I hope Mars IS dead, so that humanity can live there someday without compromising indigenous life.

Because the evidence says they are wrong. That's why . They've been dead wrong for decades. Wasting a trillion bux on stupid rover programs. Of course Mars is dead . Just like every other single planet. This is what the evidence says no matter how much you kick and scream. Right now we are ALONE , Unique , Special and the universe is OUR playground.

Trillions? In the last 60+ years that NASA has built Mars missions, it has spent less than $20 billion (in 2021 dollars) on the effort.

Do you read before replying and talking out your rear? DID I SAY TRILLION or TRILLION(S) ... Do you know the difference ? Don't insult my intelligence with 20 Billion dollar price tag. Its far more than that. You are looking at direct I"m talking in direct and direct also

I'm talking about all the the mars programs combined including 3rd party contributions...

By comparison, Americans spent more than that on potato chips in the last 3 years.
And why do you call it "wasted"?

Because it was based of lies , ego , speculation . My problem is they can't admit they were wrong and keep pushing and wasting more money ...
Why do i think its a waste? Because we got bigger problems to deal with than , scientists ego about mars.....

we have also inspired generations of engineers, scientists and explorers. That is a worthwhile investment.

We havn't inspired anything of the sort. Apollo program died because nobody cared . Just like Mars. 1 day of celebrations then back to social media and netflix.
This is more of the same bs excuses i hear to justify the wasted money .

It's certainly where I want my tax dollars to go.

I don't remember asking where your tiny tax dollars should go nor do i care...?

Mars has been a waste of money , time and resources.

edit on 26-3-2021 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Coming back to this thread, i hope the superphoto is given a place of honour in an art gallery or museum. Such dedication and effort deserves recognition.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: seedofchucky

originally posted by: Riffrafter
a reply to: seedofchucky

I don't care if there is a 100 trillion stars and a 100 trillion galaxies .. At this very known moment. We are Alone. Special and guardians of the galaxies ....

Well aren't you a negative and feisty little luddite?

lol

But you're right..."at this moment" we are alone. But that speaks much more to our lack of capabilities in searching than it does for whether or not we are truly alone.

Simply via the laws of probability, we are simply one among many. To think we are somehow special given the enormous vastness of the universe is the height of arrogance and short-sightedness.

Forget out lack of capabilities . If there was life out there as many as they claim then there must be a fraction of them more smart than us. Why havn't they contacted us ?

Would you take your time to go what is essentially the middle of nowhere and attempt to communicate with ants?

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Would you take your time to go what is essentially the middle of nowhere and attempt to communicate with ants?

Of course i would . If i find life anywhere i will attempt communication even bacteria . So far nothing. Zilch. Zero . Zip . Nada.

The universe is our playground and its beauty meaningless without us to embrace its beauty .

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Of course i would . If i find life anywhere i will attempt communication even bacteria . So far nothing. Zilch. Zero . Zip . Nada.

The universe is our playground and its beauty meaningless without us to embrace its beauty .

Humans have only existed for 200,000 years. The universe is 14 billion years old, give or take. Recorded Civilization only dates back to 3,000 BC.

The universe certainly isn't there for our benefit.

We are a race of primate exceptional only in our intelligence on a relatively interesting rock orbiting in an average star in a fairly average solar system among countless ones just like it.
edit on 2632021 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

Humans have only existed for 200,000 years. The universe is 14 billion years old, give or take. Recorded Civilization only dates back to 3,000 BC.

We are a race of primate exceptional only in our intelligence on a relatively interesting rock orbiting in an average star in a fairly average solar system among countless ones just like it.

Thats your OPINION. not facts. Anything that deals with thousands or billions of years ago is pure speculation. Kinda like LIFE existing outside earth. All nonsense and speculation .

Your points are moot and does nothing to prove life exists outside earth . Why did you even respond when you have nothing to add to the statements i made..... Another waste of time.

Zero life outside of earth of this moment. None.

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
a reply to: Encia22

That is way beyond any word I can think of to describe it..
12 years to make one unbelievably awesome image..Thats quite a commitment.
Well worth the effort.

Unfortunatley its making me feel uneasy as it is reinforcing something I have always thought-

That our universe is just part of an unimaginably gigantic being of some sort,and it fractals out:that being is part of another unfathomably larger universe etc etc.

The image looks as though our part of the universe is part of some kind of electro crystaline structure,to me at least.

I like the thought...

I've often wondered and imagined that human beings are some sort of quantum particle, neurotransmitter, or part of an atom in God's brain...

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Anyone who thinks we are alone in this universe is wrong. Anyone who thinks we are alone and also the most intelligent is a moron.

The evidence as of today Says we are the only one in the universe.

Yes we are the most intelligent since we are the only ones in the universe.

There is as much evidence as unicorns as there is life on any planets outside of earth .

Which is why they keep trying so hard with MARS. Another failed prediction

What about the UFO phenomenon?

I'd argue there is more evidence for other life than unicorns..

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Anyone who thinks the human race will not be wiped out by another alien race is naïve.

That's how nature works

i dont know, im pretty sure the aliens need us to help genetically manipulate their own genes so they can be as resilient as us.

Could explain alien abductions...

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Thats your OPINION. not facts. Anything that deals with thousands or billions of years ago is pure speculation. Kinda like LIFE existing outside earth. All nonsense and speculation .

Your points are moot and does nothing to prove life exists outside earth . Why did you even respond when you have nothing to add to the statements i made..... Another waste of time.

You seem incredibly angry that people believe there is likely to be life on other planets.

Very strange.

Plus you don't know that because we cannot observe the entire universe in detail. Even if we could thanks to how the travel of light works everything we see is as it was hundreds, thousands, millions or even billions of years in the past.

Even if we were to detect with 100% proof an intelligent civilisation amongst the cosmos it may not be there anymore. What appears to be an empty solar system ten thousand lightyears away could be teeming with life. A barren, lifeless world could, at this point in time look like the Garden of Eden for all we know.

But I don't know if there is life outside of Earth at the moment you are quite right. I just believe it is likely there is.

However unlike you I will not reject the possibility entirely. I am unsure why you do as it is quite a closed-minded position.

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 06:47 PM
link   

You seem incredibly angry that people believe there is likely to be life on other planets.

Very strange.

Plus you don't know that because we cannot observe the entire universe in detail. Even if we could thanks to how the travel of light works everything we see is as it was hundreds, thousands, millions or even billions of years in the past.

Even if we were to detect with 100% proof an intelligent civilisation amongst the cosmos it may not be there anymore. What appears to be an empty solar system ten thousand lightyears away could be teeming with life. A barren, lifeless world could, at this point in time look like the Garden of Eden for all we know.

But I don't know if there is life outside of Earth at the moment you are quite right. I just believe it is likely there is.

However unlike you I will not reject the possibility entirely. I am unsure why you do as it is quite a closed-minded position.

My anger comes from people who believe it must be true with no evidence except speculation. I never reject the possibility . My problem is people who say it must be true because the universe is to big for it not to be .

As of this moment we are alone, unique and special..

I don't care about the distance . If they existed we would see some signs of it , or them contacting us . But its nothing out there but dead rocky , gas , ice planets.

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: seedofchucky

Are YOU a martian?

Starting to seem like it......js

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Very strange.

My anger comes from people who believe it must be true with no evidence except speculation. I never reject the possibility . My problem is people who say it must be true because the universe is to big for it not to be .

As of this moment we are alone, unique and special..

I don't care about the distance . If they existed we would see some signs of it , or them contacting us . But its nothing out there but dead rocky , gas , ice planets.

Why would we see anything? Do we even know what to look for? Why would they contact us, and how do you know there is nothing out there but rocky, gas and ice planets?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join