It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karen freaks out over children climbing a tree, the kids handle it perfectly. This is America.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Jesus, in today's world it should be refreshing to see kids playing OUTSIDE! Climbing trees! Taking a break from the electronics! And we wonder why we don't see much of this these days??

So what if it's a neighborhood tree? I'm beginning to see way too many kids getting harassed for merely being outside. You want to talk about safe spaces and PC police? How's about the Karens of the suburbs learn to loosen up too eh?

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 06:55 PM
link   
So you care about truth after all. This is a good thing.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I take from that commenrt we agree on something NoCorruption? Karen was overreacting? Refreshing!

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Thanks! I needed a big chuckle today.

Karen be like "Get off your tree!"

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

What is wrong with people? These are kids. I don't get these nosey neighborhood types... jesus the neighbors down the road lodged a complaint against a couple of kids playing basketball the other day. Noise complaint. Jesus Christ.... and we're supposed to focus on how soft the younger generations are? What on earth happened to the boomers? Just kids having fun.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 07:02 PM
link   

My theory is that these types are bored with their lives, have no sense of worth or accomplishment, and crave validation because they don't get it at home. They just go around oblivious to how cringe their baseless bitching is.

I would not have been so polite to her.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Technically the kid in the tree's parents have a rather good harassment lawsuit there.

Or child endangerment...

Asking where the child lives, calling him a "little sh!t"...

I'd get a restraining order put on her.

For the child's safety, obviously...

edit on 19-3-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 07:39 PM
link   

If i was the kid i would have pissed on her.

See how she liked them apples.

edit on 19-3-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I'd get a restraining order on her.

In my day she'd get a full moon and a turkey neck from atop that tree limb

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 07:44 PM
link   
2 thumbs up for that kid.

"How would you like it if a random stranger asked where you live ? "

The kids were playing in a tree ffs. Be happy for it and if you can, climb up with them.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

She had a dog as well but is was not a pup.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 07:48 PM
link   
"Get out of that tree you cursed brats!"

Encounters with the neighborhood witch is one of the funner parts of being a kid! When I was a kid, we had an old hag in our neighborhood that would throw a hissy fit if you so much as stepped onto her lawn. One time she called my friend a "crumb bum" because he ran into her yard to retreive a ball.
Those are some precious memories.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Cool.

We all need our monsters to slay or play with... models for "how NOT to be." How boring would a drama be without the antagonist?

Those self loathing busybodies who make it their mission to stop any joy in living interject some much needed conflict into privileged suburban kid's lives. Bless them all.

Of course, it's sad, too, that some folks are so very miserable. But we make our choices.

Thanks, I needed some disdain for a fellow human this evening!

add that I'm not so sure she is a "Karen" rather than another word that begins with a hard consonant "K" sound.

edit on 3/19/2021 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: Lumenari

I'd get a restraining order on her.

In my day she'd get a full moon and a turkey neck from atop that tree limb

I was putting it into the context of today... where a civil suit is the first thing you think of when the neighbor's dog poops on your lawn.

But yes... back in our day it would have been a LOT more emBareASSing for Spinster Karen.

edit on 19-3-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
"Get out of that tree you cursed brats!"

Encounters with the neighborhood witch is one of the funner parts of being a kid! When I was a kid, we had an old hag in our neighborhood that would throw a hissy fit if you so much as stepped onto her lawn. One time she called my friend a "crumb bum" because he ran into her yard to retreive a ball.
Those are some precious memories.

We used to play street hockey in the church parking lot— church was cool with it. But... make sure the tennis ball didn’t go over the neighbor’s fence. She’d grab it, dice it up like an orange and send it back over in wedges.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 08:27 PM
link   

So.... I hope this woman doesn't represent any strata of demographics in her entitled ownership of her beloved tree. I was glad to see that it wasn't a "Karen" afraid for the kids' safety. I climbed dozens of trees as a kid, and rocks and cliffs and everything that was climbable. Yes, we fell, and hurted ourselves. Those little non-lethal boo-boos are educational.

I can't imagine feeling such an ownership of a tree that I didn't want any child to sully any of its branches. That's what trees are FOR, at least in the urban environment. Climb them all you want. Don't break your neck.

When we first moved to the Caribbean 26 years ago, the kids would make a run at our Mango trees that grew under the bluff. I would hear the killer dog on the walking trail bark and snarl and know they were going back there. If they'd have asked, I'd have given them two plastic bags, one for them and one for me, but hell, I understand the game. ... what's the fun in that? So, I played my part and ran back on the trails to thwart them from breaking the branches down on the trees. Sometimes I'd just watch from cover, if they were merely climbing and picking, nodding my head in appreciation.

These days, young'uns don't have nearly that amount of gumption or energy to go steal mangos. I kind of miss that time. I think it kept us all sharp and it gave me hope that the kids were honing their skills. These days, the kids want to get their relatives to get them a job with government, so they'll be set for life, without a huge requirement of energy.

I still climb the rocky trail to the top of the bluff. It hurts a lot more than it used to, but I feel good getting to the top. I hope for a new crop of young'uns who feel the joy of climbing trees and stealing mangos.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Never trust anyone who tells kids to get out of trees!

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I didn't know that streets could own trees, but even IF she's is correct in saying, "It belongs to this street and this neighborhood.", then wouldn't that make it public property?

I probably would've told her that she needs to keep on walking because her fat ass is killing the grass she's standing on.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I happen to have a vacant house in town with many trees and a VERY large yard. A friend of mine lives on the other side of the alley and keeps an eye on the house. Last summer a new family moved into the rental next door and immediately, the 5 young children were in my yard and in my trees. They had pulled a ladder up the base of the tree and brought blankets and toys up in one of the trees. None of the children were older than 7. My friend gave me a phone call regarding the situation and I beelined into town (7 minute drive) and had to give those kids what for and go talk to grandma next door who was their caretaker. It was my first meeting of the new neighbors and I felt like an ogre but it was necessary.

In this sue happy era, I would have been responsible for any injuries those children may have sustained while on my property and in my trees. When I saw the children, I was shocked at how young they were. I explained the rules of going onto others property without permission.....to them and then to their grandmother. I haven't had any trouble with them since and I'm glad no one was hurt but it would have been a matter of time. If I had young kids, I would let them play in those trees, just like I did when I was a kid. But these are different times.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

My theory is that these types are bored with their lives, have no sense of worth or accomplishment, and crave validation because they don't get it at home. They just go around oblivious to how cringe their baseless bitching is.

I would not have been so polite to her.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join