It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Sox plane used by the CIA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Pardon me it this is a repost, I used the search page for “Red Sox” and didn’t find anything.

An interesting and developing story rrom yesterdays Chicago Tribune:

”Last June, the Boston Red Sox chartered an executive jet to help their manager make a quick visit home in the midst of the team's championship season.

But what was the very same Gulfstream--owned by one of the Red Sox's partners, but presumably without the team's logo on its fuselage--doing in Cairo on Feb. 18, 2003?

Perhaps by coincidence, Feb. 18, 2003, was the day an Islamic preacher known as Abu Omar, who had been abducted in Italy the previous day and forced aboard a small plane, also arrived at the Cairo airport. . . . . “

source

And today:

BRADENTON, Fla. -- Phillip Morse, a minority partner of the Boston Red Sox, said Sunday that his private jet has been chartered to the CIA and confirmed that it had been flown to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, where more than 500 terrorism suspects are held, as well as other overseas destinations.

"It's chartered a lot," Morse said by phone from his winter home in Jupiter, Fla. "It just so happens one of our customers is the CIA.”

source

airliners.net photo

A typical plane spotters log.
fafafabe.free.fr...

Interesting indeed. Has anyone else seen anything similar to this?

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
get over it, the yanks choked......

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
get over it, the yanks choked......

Big time. but that has nothing to do with this story

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
ok, I'll bite. What is significant about the redsox partner leasing his plane to the CIA ?

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Did you read the original article?

It seems that plane was used for some activities of questionable legality.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Not that this is clear proof, but this seems to indicate that this plane was used by the CIA in conjunction with the kidnapping of a private citizan of another sovereign nation--in another sovereign nation as part of a rendition to Egypt, a country known to endorse torture of prisoners.

Kidnapping is illegal in any country. The fact that it is done by the CIA and in the name of Protecting You From Terrorists doesn't make it legal. What makes it even more horryfying is that this Red Sox plane, chartered by the CIA seems to have dropped this Islamic holy man in Egypt, where he was tortured and then released. No charges were filed. It's not like he is the next Osama bin Laden.

He was just a priest walking along the street in Italy that was snatched by a gang in masks, tortured for a few months and then returned home.

That's a crime and an investigation is warranted. The U.S. government is not above the law and has no right to snatch innocent people off the street and torture them in the name of the war on terror.

I'm sure that we asked the Egyptions to promise, pretty please, with sugar on top, to not torture the Islamic preacher Abu Omar, but well, these things happen.

But according to George Bush, these things don't happen and he doesn't condone them. I guess all the evidence in this case and the several other cases is just a figment of our imaginiation....

[edit on 21-3-2005 by lmgnyc]

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I don't think it matters at all that its got anything to do with the red sox, unless one wants to start a conspiracy about how old baseball teams are really the fronts for super-secret nwoish organizations.

Of course, even then the Yankees would be in charge. heck its the evil empire no? And the Brooklyn Dodgers expanded to the west coast along with the nwo, or something.

What is signifant is that we can say that a muslim cleric is taken from italy to cairo in a small plane around the same time, and that the plane under discussion went at one point to guantanamo. So the implication is that the CIA abducted this guy from italy, took him to cairo for god knows what (a sting to get others?) and then took some or all of them to guantanamo.

Intersting speculation.

The Trib article does seem to say that a plane with the same tail number was in cairo on that day. Hmm, reading the article, seems very intersting. How reliable are these planespotters tho? I'd think that anyone doing something silly like that is pretty obsessive, and probably wouldn't fabricate reports. Then again, anyone doing that is probably something of a loser, and probably needs to have something exciting happen, falsifying reports like these could do that.
Very interesting tho.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Just like limos, taxis, rental cars are used by many different people aircraft are as well. Especially since that type of aircraft are very expensive maintain and the only way to make them cost effective is to keep them flying by chartering them out.

Tying the Red Sox with the CIA just because they used the same aircraft at different times is really dumb in my opinion. It's like saying I somehow have a real connection to every Joe that rented the same car that I did while visiting my favorite island - our only connection is that we choose the same rental agency and we ended up with the same vehicle.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
my bad, I meant to stress the redsox connection. I see how slimy the activities are, I was just asking if there was a suggestion the redsox partner was somehow involved on some level

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
There is no real Red Sox connection other than the fact that the partner owns the plane. Although it would have been funny if the logo had some how been exposed and was seen by someone during one of these CIA missions.

I wonder if this has the potential to blow up, like a "small time" burglary in a posh Washington Hotel did over 30 years ago?

new topics

top topics

join