It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Arrested in Assault on Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick, Who Died After US Capitol Riot

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

How many military personnel and law enforcement officers go through tear gas/CS gas trying every year?

I have no idea, but it should be every single one of them. I'm not saying the bear spray killed him. I'm just saying that the fact that they have not yet been charged with murder, doesn't mean that they won't eventually be charged with murder.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: Skooter_NB

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
That said, I think assault is the smarter charge. Due to the hectic nature of the day I think it's going to be almost impossible to prove who was ultimately responsible for Sicknick's death.

This is the crux of it. They can definitely get a conviction for one thing, and people can believe one way or another how Officer Sicknick died afterwards. The fact is these guys are caught on tape, assaulting officers (including Sicknick).

If love you see it. Would you mind providing a link to the men assaulting the officer? Thanks!

The articles say that they have video evidence.

Well that settles it then.

The articles say they have video evidence.

Case closed...

It is evidence to try someone in court. See when you charge someone you need to have evidence, which can include testimony or other types of evidence like video, or audio.

Who said anyone was guilty?

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles
a reply to: StoutBroux

originally posted by: StoutBroux
Until they can come up with a cause of death, it will be difficult to pursue a murder charge. Let's face, some things aren't black and white. Here they have video, specific actions, a deceased victim who was alive in a medical care facility before expiring and they STILL can't figure out what killed this LEO. So much for science.

And even an assault conviction will land them in prison for the maximum because of who was assaulted and the circumstances surrounding this particular assault.

Plus they can always wait until a later date to charge them with murder, if they somehow eventually come up with the evidence to 'prove' that the bear spray was the cause of death.

How many military personnel and law enforcement officers go through tear gas/CS gas trying every year? With how many fatalities.

The officer’s death is a tragedy.

But... I am still convinced the officer had a pre-existing health condition that should have prevented from doing more than administrative work. And why the medical “evidence” is being glossed over now.

That's the issue. But since we now have charges against people who were directly involved with him in the melee the truth should come out.
edit on 16-3-2021 by Skooter_NB because: Spelling, cause I care.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Until they can come up with a cause of death, it will be difficult to pursue a murder charge. Let's face, some things aren't black and white. Here they have video, specific actions, a deceased victim who was alive in a medical care facility before expiring and they STILL can't figure out what killed this LEO. So much for science.

And even an assault conviction will land them in prison for the maximum because of who was assaulted and the circumstances surrounding this particular assault.

Plus they can always wait until a later date to charge them with murder, if they somehow eventually come up with the evidence to 'prove' that the bear spray was the cause of death.

How many military personnel and law enforcement officers go through tear gas/CS gas trying every year? With how many fatalities.

But... I am still convinced the officer had a pre-existing health condition that should have prevented from doing more than administrative work. And why the medical “evidence” is being glossed over now.

That's the issue. But since we now have charges against people who were directly involved with him in the melee the truth should come out.

What will change regarding the medial evidence before the trial. Either the spray caused the death, or is did not.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Until they start charging people from other "protesting" groups after police are actually killed, I refuse to take any of this BS serious.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   

What will change regarding the medial evidence before the trial. Either the spray caused the death, or is did not.

That is what will change.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 01:22 PM
link   

How.
edit on 16-3-2021 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: VinMan

Yeah I am getting tired of that excuse.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 02:56 PM
link   

How.

What I think you're missing is that this isn't about his death. It's about an assault on the three officers named. What would change is if they can tie the assault to his death ie did it directly or indirectly cause his death. As of now we just have news reports. The trial will provide some answers. If they get convicted of assault (which according to what the media say by having video will likely happen) ten they won't be directly implicated as the cause of his death and that will be the official answer.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: KansasGirl

That said, I think assault is the smarter charge. Due to the hectic nature of the day I think it's going to be almost impossible to prove who was ultimately responsible for Sicknick's death.

This is the crux of it. They can definitely get a conviction for one thing, and people can believe one way or another how Officer Sicknick died afterwards. The fact is these guys are caught on tape, assaulting officers (including Sicknick).

If love you see it. Would you mind providing a link to the men assaulting the officer? Thanks!

The articles say that they have video evidence.

Well that settles it then.

The articles say they have video evidence.

Case closed...

It is evidence to try someone in court. See when you charge someone you need to have evidence, which can include testimony or other types of evidence like video, or audio.

Who said anyone was guilty?

I apologise if I confused you for a member of the pubic court of opinion.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Two men have been arrested and charged with assaulting U.S. Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick, who collapsed after responding to the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol and died the next day.

Julian Elie Khater, 32, of State College, Pennsylvania, and George Pierre Tanios, 39, of Morgantown, West Virginia, were arrested Sunday and are expected to make an appearance in federal court Monday. They are charged with conspiring to injure officers and assaulting federal officers, among other charges, according to the Department of Justice.

The men are accused of assaulting Sicknick and two other law enforcement officers with some type of bear spray. They have not been charged in Sicknick's actual death.

Source

First things first, these men are not being charged with Sicknick's death.

Honestly I'm kind of surprised. I figured due to the high profile nature of the case prosecutors would be pressured to go for the more serious charge. That said, I think assault is the smarter charge. Due to the hectic nature of the day I think it's going to be almost impossible to prove who was ultimately responsible for Sicknick's death.

Obviously this will still need to go to trial but it sounds like they have these guys on video using bear spray on officers. I won't be surprised if they end up going away for a long time.

This will be one to watch for updates.

Monday, April 19, 2021

UPDATE:

The medical coroner finally released Brian Sicknick's cause of death today...approximately 45 days after he died.

Sicknick died of NATURAL CAUSES: www.cnbc.com...

Congress may have set a precedent by shutting down to attend the funeral of a Capitol Police officer who died of natural causes.

They (and the liberal News Media) wanted so badly to believe that Brian Sicknick was murdered at the hands of a Trump supporter, to counter the murder of Ashli Babbitt by a (still unknown to this day), Capitol Police Officer.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 08:19 PM
link   
January 2, 2024

Even though Capitol Police Officer BRIAN SICKNICK died of "natural causes", his girlfriend still tried to sue J6 rioters and President Trump for his death. Today...

Former President Donald Trump has been handed a court victory after a federal judge dropped a civil lawsuit's wrongful death claim filed against him.

Trump was named alongside convicted January 6 rioters Julian Khater and George Tanios in a lawsuit filed by Sandra Garza, the partner of deceased U.S. Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick.

Sicknick died one day after the January 6 attack, having been assaulted and sprayed with chemicals by rioters who were storming the Capitol in an ill-fated attempt to stop the certification of President Joe Biden's 2020 presidential election victory.

On Tuesday, U.S. District Judge Amit Mehta dismissed the suit's wrongful death and negligence claims, ruling that Garza lacked standing to bring the claims because she was not married or a legal domestic partner to Sicknick.
More at: www.newsweek.com...

How can a "Natural Causes" death be blamed on anyone other than GOD?

-wmc

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

They have been. I posted the other day that some of those rioters have been arrested and charged with crimes.

apnews.com...

The AP found that more than 120 defendants across the United States have pleaded guilty or were convicted at trial of federal crimes including rioting, arson and conspiracy. More than 70 defendants who’ve been sentenced so far have gotten an average of about 27 months behind bars. At least 10 received prison terms of five years or more.

Unfortunately you don't see this covered in the news because there would be no ratings boost.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

What's the cliche response whenever someone doesn't listen to police orders?

She should of just followed police commands.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

Huh, so those charges weren't tossed for any other reason than she wasn't married to him? Interesting. She just cannot be the one to sue for wrongful death and negligence.

Not sure why you left this out below from your link, I'm sure you meant to include it.

Trump and his co-defendants could still be found in violation of Washington, D.C.'s Survival Act and liable of conspiracy to violate civil rights.

So the case is still going forward. Just figured this should be noted, as some don't read the link, and we don't want you accused of "fake news" and not telling the whole story.
edit on 2-1-2024 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

No. The cliche response is why was a non-lethal not used. A Taser would have sent her back out of the window. There were police within 15 feet on her side of the glass. If anything, discharging the weapon put people at risk who were not trying to access the hallway.

The 1/6 riots were nothing compared to the Summer of Floyd. Not even close.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Good job! We make a great team!!

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Really?

A lawless mob of people are breaking into a secure area and you want them to use a taser?

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Yes. There were NO firearms brandished or used inside the building at the time. She was murdered.

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Yes. There were NO firearms brandished or used inside the building at the time. She was murdered.

RE - Ashli Babbitt: gettr.com...

BYRD and PELOSI will Pay. Guaranteed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join