It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Arrested in Assault on Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick, Who Died After US Capitol Riot

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Two men have been arrested and charged with assaulting U.S. Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick, who collapsed after responding to the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol and died the next day.

Julian Elie Khater, 32, of State College, Pennsylvania, and George Pierre Tanios, 39, of Morgantown, West Virginia, were arrested Sunday and are expected to make an appearance in federal court Monday. They are charged with conspiring to injure officers and assaulting federal officers, among other charges, according to the Department of Justice.

The men are accused of assaulting Sicknick and two other law enforcement officers with some type of bear spray. They have not been charged in Sicknick's actual death.

Source

First things first, these men are not being charged with Sicknick's death.

Honestly I'm kind of surprised. I figured due to the high profile nature of the case prosecutors would be pressured to go for the more serious charge. That said, I think assault is the smarter charge. Due to the hectic nature of the day I think it's going to be almost impossible to prove who was ultimately responsible for Sicknick's death.

Obviously this will still need to go to trial but it sounds like they have these guys on video using bear spray on officers. I won't be surprised if they end up going away for a long time.

This will be one to watch for updates.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
That said, I think assault is the smarter charge. Due to the hectic nature of the day I think it's going to be almost impossible to prove who was ultimately responsible for Sicknick's death.

This is the crux of it. They can definitely get a conviction for one thing, and people can believe one way or another how Officer Sicknick died afterwards. The fact is these guys are caught on tape, assaulting officers (including Sicknick).

+21 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Why isn't Antifa being locked up for using bear spray?
Ask any law enforcement officer in Portland or Seattle how many time they were sprayed with it by those clowns and BLM.
I am fine with people being arrested for bad behavior, but apply the law EQUALLY.

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Antifa was using bear spray in a mostly peaceful kind of way as opposed to an "armed insurrection " with no weapons.

+14 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Where are the charges for the murder of Ashli Babbit?

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Until they can come up with a cause of death, it will be difficult to pursue a murder charge. Let's face, some things aren't black and white. Here they have video, specific actions, a deceased victim who was alive in a medical care facility before expiring and they STILL can't figure out what killed this LEO. So much for science.

And even an assault conviction will land them in prison for the maximum because of who was assaulted and the circumstances surrounding this particular assault.

I would like to know more about these suspects.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
Until they can come up with a cause of death, it will be difficult to pursue a murder charge. Let's face, some things aren't black and white. Here they have video, specific actions, a deceased victim who was alive in a medical care facility before expiring and they STILL can't figure out what killed this LEO. So much for science.

And even an assault conviction will land them in prison for the maximum because of who was assaulted and the circumstances surrounding this particular assault.

I would like to know more about these suspects.

It’s probably known medically why he died. I am guessing the science doesn’t fit the political narrative, or the individual’s medical past would be scrutinized.
edit on 15-3-2021 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   
FBI, CIA and NSA are all terrorists organizations. They terrorize American Citizens with illegal spying and arrests on a daily basis.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I'm sure Camela Harris and Beyonce and other A-List celebs will come out and pay the bail for these two poor people.

Defund the police!!! amirite!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Oh buddy, don't go down that rabbit hole.
You'll find out she is cia or related.

She has been found in multiple crisis scenes.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Here come the scapegoat setups 😎

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

originally posted by: matafuchs

Oh buddy, don't go down that rabbit hole.
You'll find out she is cia or related.

She has been found in multiple crisis scenes.

Aw man, ATS is not a friendly place to post evidence and theories on crisis actors and govt psy-ops. I bet we all know what I'm talking about.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Lol...No comment.
I plea the 5th comrad

I guess deep down we all want them to grow a conscience and whitehat the problem, like real men with tact and an actual brain.
..with enough foresight to recognize the path some are going is very, very bad for everyone except all these criminals that want to skate from the ashes.
Either that, or there is a cataclysm in route and we all are all hosed while the elitists prep and hoard resources.
The jury is still out for me.

edit on 3 by Mandroid7 because: Added2

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Why isn't Antifa being locked up for using bear spray?
Ask any law enforcement officer in Portland or Seattle how many time they were sprayed with it by those clowns and BLM.
I am fine with people being arrested for bad behavior, but apply the law EQUALLY.

Waiting for the left weigh-in on THIS.

I kid.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skooter_NB

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
That said, I think assault is the smarter charge. Due to the hectic nature of the day I think it's going to be almost impossible to prove who was ultimately responsible for Sicknick's death.

This is the crux of it. They can definitely get a conviction for one thing, and people can believe one way or another how Officer Sicknick died afterwards. The fact is these guys are caught on tape, assaulting officers (including Sicknick).

If love you see it. Would you mind providing a link to the men assaulting the officer? Thanks!

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 04:14 PM
link   
In the CNN article about the arrests they make sure to mention investigators watched video to determine when Officer Sicknick suffered the fatal injuries. Why would they say that if he didn't die of injuries? Shouldn't they be blacklisted, social media accounts suspended, etc?

CNN Article

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadlyStaringFrog

Where did you see that in the article?

I saw this:

The court record doesn't mention Sicknick's death, or how the spray may have contributed to it.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Mark my words, if it comes out that these 2 are leftists the entire story will get buried and they won’t be charged, if it’s 2 conservatives they will be charged and we will hear about the trial daily

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Did we ever get a coroner to say why Sicknick died?

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadlyStaringFrog
In the CNN article about the arrests they make sure to mention investigators watched video to determine when Officer Sicknick suffered the fatal injuries. Why would they say that if he didn't die of injuries? Shouldn't they be blacklisted, social media accounts suspended, etc?

CNN Article

CNN is deflecting from the role its operatives played in the Capitol trespassing melee.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join