It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

future weapons scenerio's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
This thread is to make up ideas of how you would use certain weapons in certain situations. Like say using the DDX for fire support or something, its suppose to make you think of what potential operations future weapons might be used in.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Well here is a scenerio/idea I came up with.

Concept PRONET (protective net)

Purpose

The purpose of pronet is to protect SSBNs and SSGNs from enemy subs.

How It works

Well there would be sub docks which attack and sensor AUVs could be stored then they would open up the flaps and detach. The sensor AUVs or in this case REMUS AUVs would form a circle around the sub and launch other AUVs which in turn would launch more unmanned subs they would eventualy form an acoustic sensor net around the sub for miles in each direction . And if they detected any sub in the field and clarified it was an enemy sub patroling MANTA attack subs would then be informed as to where it was and come in for the attack.

What do you think of my idea?

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
peta might get on your ass for using nets that could kill fish and whales

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Depends how good and reliable sonar and other underwater sensors are. They could totally suck. I think if the technology is decent then Unmanned scouts around fleet formations could work. Would they be powered by lines going back to the "mother ship?">

I would think a mine is more deadly then a torpedo. Also missiles can go hypersonic, so it would make sense to also have an insane missile defense shield that can stand up to bombardments.

There are so many things to defend against.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ritual
Would they be powered by lines going back to the "mother ship?">

They would be powered by high energy batteries, and they would all be connected through a command center in the sub.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I dont think batteries last that long.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ritual
I dont think batteries last that long.

They would be a special kind of long lasting battery I'll try and find the type I was thinking of, plus they could be recharged at there compartments.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Well here is a FCS scenerio, basically there is these small unmanned rotorcraft the one I'm going to be using is called class 1 UAV. And here is how it would work the rotorcraft would search for a target then send the coordinates to the FCS non-line of sight cannon then it would fire from its in this case EM gun. And it would be destroyed this way we could eliminate putting men in harms way, what do you guys think?

top topics

join