It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats more likely? Us or them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Is it more likely that we will go out into space (eventually) and discover "Alien" life or will we be discovered first. I taking this from the point of view that there is a planet out there almost exactly like ours, at our sort of tech level.

I've heard it's more likely they will hear and see us first as we sit in a relatively quiet corner of our galaxy.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
It's a matter of technology, our desire is already there. Seeing the leap in tech of the last century, if this continues my grandchilren may see us crawl out of our solar system.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
If it's us and a similar-tech civilization, our only contact will be through intercepted (and possibly later, directed) transmissions. No interstellar travel is really feasible at our current tech.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
ok, i guess i didnt really word this very well. I meant who is more likely to be discovered first.

Basically are we more likely to detect their signals or vice versa. It's just ive heard we are in a quiet part of the galaxy. Our signals are like a shout in a quiet room compared to the signals we would hear as a whisper in a noisy room. But i'm not sure on whether i right about that or not.

Edited as my spelling was atrocious

[edit on 21-3-2005 by madjamjar]

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
It's more likley that we will destroy ourselves as a species before we are able to travel to where other lifeforms live.

new topics

top topics

join