It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for movie name sci fi space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I remember some astronauts exploring some abandon alien craft.. possible in earth orbit
Finding some humanoid looking things bringing it back to earth.
Possible older movie from the 90´s ?

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Hangar 18?

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Space Cowboys?

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Nope..
Hangar 18...

Two astronauts launch a satellite and hit a UFO.
It lands in the desert and they find humanoid aliens. Then as the government tries to cover up the incident the scientists figure out the aliens are our ancestors and are coming back to conquer earth.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   
What this ol thing?

youtu.be...

Yvw full remastered movie from 1989

Sure it will get removed now that I linked to it but we should be good for a bit.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
I remember some astronauts exploring some abandon alien craft.. possible in earth orbit

Were the humanoid thing a hot naked French woman with TK powers by any chance?

Lifeforce 1985

www.imdb.com...

A true classic

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I was joking lol

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Yup, Life Force. Classic

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

I was joking lol

Yeah... The smiley face was the big clue...

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

Were the humanoid thing a hot naked French woman with TK powers by any chance?

I didn't know she was French. She was a vamp.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 02:15 PM
link   

The mention of the desert reminded me of this shlocker we saw at the drive-in wayyy back when.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Thanks guys...

you nailed it..

it was lifeforce.. awesome movie

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 02:48 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 03:01 PM
link   

MoonTrap (the follow up Moontrap Target Earth squandered what could have been a brilliant science fiction franchise left dormant since the first and very under rated movie so give the follow up a miss it destroys the plot of the original as well or take it as a movie in it's own right but NOT a true follow up to the first just a movie in it's own right and then it becomes a B- or a C movie but the first one was definitely as far as I was concerned for it's time an A- though that was then and through the eyes of a science fiction starved young man so today I would give it a lower score of B+)

Basic plot is a space shuttle in orbit encounter's a huge mile long space craft that barely register's on there radar, it is in a decaying orbit of the earth and is almost in the atmosphere at this point, you will also notice the Original star trek Chekov or rather by the actors real name Walter Koenig is one of the astronaut's and the star of the movie.

They decide to investigate the ship and find a few artefacts including a human body in a strange space suit and a weird oval object and bring them back to earth, they are not able to investigate further because the ship will enter the earth's atmosphere soon and burn up.

Bringing the body and spheroid object back to earth were they are then investigated the NASA computer analyses the astronauts body to be over 12000 years old and the now lost ancient space craft as having come from a crater on the moon.

Soon after the oval object opens and turn's out to be a robot with artificial intelligence that is definitely not friendly, it has the ability to use anything it can find to make a body for itself machine and organic, it uses the dead astronaut's body and other objects in the laboratory to build itself a body then goes on the rampage only being stopped barely by one of the astronauts whom gets above it with a shot gun and shoots it at point blank range through the open section of the ovoid.

It turn's out (in the original story) that an ancient human civilization far beyond our own had been destroyed by an invasion of alien machine intelligence and having been unable to reach earth they had lain dormant waiting on the moon until they finally detected humans coming back to the moon, the astronaut on the first ship was an ancient soldier that had probably given his life stopping them as the first ship had been disabled before it could come down to earth and only finally come down when it's orbit had decayed enough for it to be pulled down into the atmosphere.

Meanwhile the Robotic aliens have constructed OR perhaps appropriated another ship on the moon similar to the first and plan to use it to invade the planet with the sole intention of wiping out the human race which seems to be there driving motivation but they need a navigation computer to come and don't have one a limitation in there ability's apparently having prevented them from building one.

The astronauts go back to the moon and find an ancient temple like Human base buried and destroyed by time and battle, within the entrance hall there are body's or rather bones everywhere from a final battle but they push ahead and finding a door that only opens for a human hand which luckily they have they find a woman in suspended animation whom revives and though she can not speak modern languages she has her own space suit in a storage unit under her sleep pod.

The three of them, two astronauts and the woman escape only to find the aliens needing a flight computer have taken there capsule and one of the astronauts is killed in an ensuing fight, the survivor Walter Koenig and the woman use an inflatable survival shelter from there lunar rovers cargo to shelter since they are marooned, as they wait the now dead body of the other astronaut or rather his HEAD is being used by one of the alien robots for it's eye's and comes up to the transparency in the side of the inflatable shelter and scares them both, they quickly redress and fight back as it tears the inflatable tent apart but they are both captured and taken to the waiting space ship to be used for spare parts since the aliens regard humans as not only there target but also as spare parts.

They break free and fight, Walter gets to the Apollo style lander and activates a nuclear device they have on it before he and the girl escape into space, they are later saved by another shuttle, the other astronaut was the guy from the Evil Dead, actually I did not realize till I just watched part of it myself.

So very far fetched but still enjoyable for it's time and badly needing a remake - a real one not like the Moontrap follow up that destroyed the plot of the first movie with new age ideas, a female lead and a plot that did not make any sense and did not continue the story of the first.

The original movie when I saw it ended with at least one of the alien robots making it down to earth falling through the atmosphere, landing in a car scrap yard were it then began to build.

The second movie ignored this entirely.

edit on 5-3-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   
ColeYounger

Mathilda May.
She has played quite a few roles but that was an early one for her, infamous for it's full frontal nude at the time and lots' of teenage boys suddenly having a huge crush.
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 5-3-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Thanks guys...

you nailed it..

it was lifeforce.. awesome movie

Patrick Stewart was in that movie. I've always thought Hollyweird should do a remake, but I'm afraid they will WOKE it and screw the whole story up.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Sadly I believe you are absolutely correct in that assessment, it was a good movie in it's time, an ancient ship damaged by an impact travelling in the tail of Hales comet, great special effects for the day too but those zombies have not stood the test of time and too much pyrotechnics which was the do it all special affect of the time but if they DID make a proper remake you could imagine the vampires being more like a bat version of Species as that would be cool, definitely another movie that needs a remake or a modern follow up but definitely not if they are going to stuff it full or Ray's and political correctness.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

"Oh là là"

posted on May, 25 2021 @ 08:17 AM
link   
oh, i thinking it's "Sliders"

new topics

top topics

join