It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Much for Healthy at Any Size

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

It is a crapshoot, but my profession is taking care of people and the equipment to keep them alive. So I do what I do.

If I buy the farm, I buy the farm.

We all die eventually, I'd rather die trying to save lives than not.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Deep in the underground layers of MI666.. this "Guy" highlighted the problem that would become the "new normal"

PS: if you want to lose weight. Eat nothing but baked potatoes (with cheese or veg) for 2 weeks (eat as many as you want).
After 2 weeks, introduce fish every 2nd or 3rd day to keep proteins up if you are literally starving.

After a month, you will lose a lot of weight, keep it up until you are happy. Then anytime you are not overly hungry, simply have a potato day and rotate. If you get fatter, repeat

edit on 5-3-2021 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I get it. I was an emt in my 20’s before the usmc. As a chef I only cook soul reaffirming food. I approach nice dinners even as a chef a luxury. I eat sparingly. Fruits nuts, low fat. I eat rice not pasta. Love my rice cooker.

But when I dine at a restaurant then I eat whatever I want. It’s moreso I hate garbage so I don’t eat it.

I love the ornery chef from Northern exposure. He was my favorite. Hahaha.

Im an odd duck tho.
edit on 5-3-2021 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: Chana masala

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 11:41 PM
link   

We only have the one life, might as well live it to the best instead of what the government says.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: nicevillegrl
Thank you for the info!
I'd love more info on how to do that if you feel comfortable sharing! :-)

a reply to: one4all

Its a life changing Journey.

Its a Journey that frees People from the Guilt template that todays conjobs have entangled them into purposefully.

Free your Mind and your Soul and Body will follow.

I would love to share what I have learned if you can handle working within a chaotic envelope.

Its a deeply complicated issue and takes a long time to share completely and accurately unless we use a specific method.... I make statements that you must Vet or Research on your own.....its critical that you do your own research....because you are building the Foundation of a completely new reality and Paradigm for yourself....you are taking 100% control back.

You will follow my Statements as leads to data.....it will seem willy-nilly to you at first...but if you are earnest and follow through things will begin to take shape and structure as they all come together in whatever ways YOU CHOOSE not in ways I choose.

All I can offer is an advanced learning technique ... I am not willing to engage in traditional communication methods.....I just dont have time...but if you can keep up to me....I will sprint you to the Finish Line.

edit on 5-3-2021 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Hahahaha. Already on it.

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Well the side effect of lockdown, depression, substances abuse, Alcohol, your name it, I gain about 10 pounds, down now 6 pounds, I just started to cook and cook and eat, but Is a difference I cook clean and healthy, but I started cooking too much.
My husband wants 3 meals a day with snacks included, working from home for the last year and soo far it seems the federal government is not going to change that.

We're moving to extremes, it seems. Things are normalizing now, but for months, I had increased my food intake and was still losing weight.

Pandemic measures made work a LOT busier. 20k+ "steps" per day is too many for me. I can't afford to eat 10k calories per day LOL

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Not the highest risk for catching it. And as we all know (or should), all it really means is that you're adding a percentage to your likelihood.

It's like adding modifiers to your die roll when playing tabletop RPGs. The base chance is 25 on a d100 (or 2 d10 1-100 roll), but if you have this, it adds another 10 to 35; if you have that, it adds another 5 to 40 ... etc. And when all is said and done, you take your chances and succeed or fail. Some rolls are almost certain fails or successes no matter what, but there are those days when even the most certain win rolls a critical fail and vice versa.

Looking at the COVID odds from the beginning, even the oldest, fattest, sickest people still had a better than 60% chance of coming through it without severe illness if I recall correctly.

But again ... even the healthiest among us always have that chance of throwing a critical failure, just like the higher at risk can consistently throw good rolls that don't even have to be fantastic to be all right.

edit on 6-3-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

We only have the one life, might as well live it to the best instead of what the government says.

That's my fear.

Now the government will have justification to put us all on their program for our own good. "Eat this; not that" and they've done such a wonderful job feeding us over the years. Eggs are good. Eggs are bad. Eggs are good. No salt at all when some people, like me, actually do need a decent amount of it.

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The biggest irony is that the COVID lockdowns are increasing obesity at a record breaking pace. Second hand effects are worse than the cure, by far.

Obesity up
Heart disease up
Diabetes up
Depression up
Suicides up
Drug use up
Alcoholism up

Thanks dear leader for protecting us from a nasty cold.

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Yes, I would love it and commit to it fully. I am definitely willing to follow your statements and breadcrumbs to forge the trail. I am frustrated as hell with "traditional weightloss" at the moment. I keep feeling like there must be a "secret" I am missing. I mean - I get the basics. But the basics haven't been working - even IF, OMAD, 20/4, etc. I feel like I have tried everything and post-menopause, nothing is working. Although, there is no medically-identifiable reason for that to be the case.

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: nicevillegrl

OK....but I dont consider it weight loss at all I consider it a Total Body Tune-up.....the weight loss is a byproduct not the ultimate goal.....you will soon forget about the weight loss aspect....once you begin to learn you lose your fear and obsession over excess weight you know that the body will balance itself for you if you just work with it....its always important to work with your Doctor whenever you decide to lose impactful volumes of body fat or weight.....it takes time to dial all organs and processes back in to their optimal capabilities and abilities.

One question to see if you are interested.
I dont want to derail the OPs Thread....although this is definately ultimately related to the connection between overweight individuals and covid impacts...so please PM me....unless the OP wants to let er roll here.

Do you like Carrots ?

Do you eat the orange part or the green part ?

Do you know what your body takes from each different part ?

What part have you been "taught" to eat ?...... negative weaponized programming there to be sure.
What part do you always see Bugs Bunny Eat ?......negative weaponized Programming there t be sure....note it please.

www.bing.com... l=https%3a%2f%2frlv.zcache.com%2fbugs_bunny_lying_down_eating_carrot_cutout-r20b3b35ae004495b9d61a5d3588e4398_x7saw_8byvr_630.jpg%3fview_padding%3d%5b 285%252C0%252C285%252C0%5d&exph=630&expw=1200&q=bugs+bunny+eating+a+carrot&simid=608034157178520158&ck=8EBD922F399FEB5A0459F91AFA81D784&selectedIndex= 0&FORM=IRPRST&idpp=overlayview&ajaxhist=0

Lets just use the acronym NWP to represent Negative Weaponized Programming.....its a common thread and we will save time.

I will say that a Human should eat different parts of the carrot @ different times of the year...for valid reasons.

Please research the green part of a carrot and the orange part of the carrot and find out what each part offers us nutritionally then see if you can identify why we should eat different parts of the carrot at different times of the year.
edit on 7-3-2021 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Unless a person has a hormonal imbalance, a low sodium diet and exercise will shed the weight and keep it off. In 6 months I've lost 30lbs, about 1lb a week.

I recently discovered I had High Blood Pressure. So my Doc told me, severely curtail alcohol intake, because it disrupts the body's natural osmolarities, reduce sodium intake. When I started reading the nutrition labels to regulate sodium intake I was SHOCKED to discover how much salt is in our food. The max rec. daily intake is 2300 milligrams. My doc recommended going to 1500 mgs. Just by doing that it is impossible to overeat.

One regular sized flour burrito shell for example is around 600 mgs.
Hash browns are 800 mgs per 1 cup.
1 egg is 60mg.
Bacon slices are about 200 mg
Sausage links are around 500 mg
cheddar cheese is around 200mg per slice

So think about 1 regular sized breakfast burrito. Typically 1 egg and 1 piece of bacon or sausage, hash browns, cheese and shell run close to your ENTIRE daily recommended allowance for salt in 1 meal!

The American diet is filled with entirely too much processed food that is filled with unnecessary calories, salt and sugar. If you are fat or unhealthy in America it's because you're too lazy to eat properly, I speak from experience because I used to be one of them.

Eating healthy is cheaper. You can eat 3 pieces of fruit a day for under $20 a week. Get back to eating naturally, there is no such thing as a doritos tree. Junk food is easily as bad for you long term as smoking.

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: nicevillegrl
Tell me more please. Im not obese by any means and really have minimal health issues other than inflammation from accident induced arthritis. But since menopause and quitting smoking four years ago, the weight has crept on and a good diet, 18/6 eating, and exercise don’t seem to help.

You need to go on the low carb keto diet. Insulin resistance is the cause.

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: richapau

Unless a person has a hormonal imbalance, a low sodium diet and exercise will shed the weight and keep it off. In 6 months I've lost 30lbs, about 1lb a week.

I recently discovered I had High Blood Pressure. So my Doc told me, severely curtail alcohol intake, because it disrupts the body's natural osmolarities, reduce sodium intake. When I started reading the nutrition labels to regulate sodium intake I was SHOCKED to discover how much salt is in our food. The max rec. daily intake is 2300 milligrams. My doc recommended going to 1500 mgs. Just by doing that it is impossible to overeat.

1 egg is 60mg.

So think about 1 regular sized breakfast burrito. Typically 1 egg and 1 piece of bacon or sausage, hash browns, cheese and shell run close to your ENTIRE daily recommended allowance for salt in 1 meal!

The American diet is filled with entirely too much processed food that is filled with unnecessary calories, salt and sugar. If you are fat or unhealthy in America it's because you're too lazy to eat properly, I speak from experience because I used to be one of them.

Eating healthy is cheaper. You can eat 3 pieces of fruit a day for under $20 a week. Get back to eating naturally, there is no such thing as a doritos tree. Junk food is easily as bad for you long term as smoking.

Food for thought, I need to shed 25, I do use too much salt.

posted on Mar, 17 2021 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: richapau

1 egg is 60mg.

I used to be a saltaholic but I've pretty much eliminated that one reason I like Aldi's their goods have way less sodium and basically try and eat KETO and even then I watch my portions, about 2-3 cups in my Chinese Tupperware or I don't eat it. No Bread, I've grown to really like wild rice and lentils with a little bit of chopped onion, for me I love curry powder, ginger, dill weed, tru lemon or lime along with my Carolina reaper powder I can add flavor and heat as needed.

Kimchi is another go to it's good for you and has loads of flavor. Don't forget soups bone broth, with some cut-up chicken or lean beef some vegetables, chickpea pasta curry, and ginger powder, and a touch of the reaper powder is my usual lunch, easy to fix. Tuna fish for lunch, I just found a place that has wild-caught canned tuna, yea it's a little bit expensive but it tastes so good, throw a little dill weed on it with the tru lemon or lime. It's a quick and easy lunch. Breakfast either an egg boiled or scramble or a small bowl of oatmeal or cream of wheat. Water water and more water I've got a 50oz bottle and I try to get at least 2 of those filled up and drink them for 24 hours, along with green tea.

In between bananas, edamame low sodium beef jerky, flax, or chia seeds. Walnuts sunflower seeds, brazil nuts are good in between or after dinner. I tried the Goodfish Salmon skin chips, they aren't bad but I usually doctor them up with extra seasoning, they are expensive and really aren't worth it.

The main thing I know is 3 months 6 months can really make a difference hell I even seem to be sleeping better.
edit on 17-3-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join