It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Much for Healthy at Any Size

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 05:36 AM
link   
It’s all about caloric intake, not necessarily how much you work out, although working out is also a must.

When someone says they walk every day, but then eats 5,000 calories of junk food in one sitting, no wonder they gain weight.

You can’t work off a bad diet.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think you are on to something. Both my wife and I have gained a few pounds in the last year. I saw my doctor yesterday and we talked about my weight gain. He said most of his patients had gained 10 or more pounds. It’s easy to do in Tennessee in winter, deep fried is a lifestyle here and the closing of recreational activities has only made it worse.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Strong link between death from COVID and obesity continues to stand out.

In all countries with more than 100 deaths per 100K, the population had an obesity rate over 50%.

originally posted by: carewemust
Of 488,776 official U.S. Covid-19 deaths thus far, 18,634 had "Obesity" listed on the death certificate as a "comorbidity"..as a contributing factor.

Source: www.cdc.gov...

Something's not right here... well lots of things aren't right... but it seems like this is a pretty weak link in the big picture. If obesity were such a problem with Covid, then I would expect every nations Covid deaths/hospitalizations to conform to their nation's obesity rates. So if we have the highest obesity rate, then we should have the highest death rates. Whoever has the second highest obesity rates would have the second highest death rates. And so on and so forth down the line. But that's not the case from what I can see.

And when you consider Care's numbers (from the CDC), obesity as a co-morbidity is less than 4% of total Covid deaths in the USA, but our obesity rate is about 10x that.

Obviously, quality and availability of health care in each nation will play a role. But I think I'd be more interested in a chart comparing the consumption of artificial ingredients -- from fake sweeteners to dyes and preservatives -- with death/hospitalization rates. It would also be interesting to compare the number of deaths/hospitalizations with the numbers of patients taking immune-suppression drugs for pre-existing chronic conditions.

I'm not saying weight isn't a factor in health matters, but I just don't think these numbers tell us anything significant about Covid. Probably tells us more about their intentions to "fix" the problem, like you already noted of course.
edit on 5-3-2021 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigbrooklyn
Outside of hormonal issues...a reply to: one4all

Hormonal issues are a root causality of weight gain however the net gains held over time are impacted greatly if you are infected and dont know it.Weight gained during hormonal contrasts will be eliminated rather quickly by a healthy body with or without lots of excercise if that body is Parasite and Pleomorphic Bacteria free.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: nicevillegrl
Tell me more please. Im not obese by any means and really have minimal health issues other than inflammation from accident induced arthritis. But since menopause and quitting smoking four years ago, the weight has crept on and a good diet, 18/6 eating, and exercise don’t seem to help.

a reply to: one4all

Parasites and Pleomorphic Bacteria which they introduce into your body as "hitchhikers".....cause all Diseases.....its a normal part of life on Earth o interact with Parasites and Bacteria....however some are very dangerous when we become infected with them if left untreated.....traditionally we had anti-parasitic foods regularly added to our diets that policed these bugs..however as time has passed these bugs have been WEAPONIZED and used to intentionally make and keep billions of People sick.

Kill the bugs in your body and your Furnace will work properly again and you will drop weight like a hot potatoe....without excercising your life away......everything will begin to work again.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 06:23 AM
link   

But.... This isn't new.

We've known this since at least last summer.

The TV news has reported on it multiple times.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

originally posted by: nicevillegrl
Tell me more please. Im not obese by any means and really have minimal health issues other than inflammation from accident induced arthritis. But since menopause and quitting smoking four years ago, the weight has crept on and a good diet, 18/6 eating, and exercise don’t seem to help.

a reply to: one4all

Parasites and Pleomorphic Bacteria which they introduce into your body as "hitchhikers".....cause all Diseases.....its a normal part of life on Earth o interact with Parasites and Bacteria....however some are very dangerous when we become infected with them if left untreated.....traditionally we had anti-parasitic foods regularly added to our diets that policed these bugs..however as time has passed these bugs have been WEAPONIZED and used to intentionally make and keep billions of People sick.

Kill the bugs in your body and your Furnace will work properly again and you will drop weight like a hot potatoe....without excercising your life away......everything will begin to work again.

Different circumstances...but I dropped 60 lbs in 18 months....with no excercise....as a sedentary injured person....from schwacking the bugs and changing my diet a little....deleting sugar and minimizing grains and adding ant-parasitic plants and spices and other foods to my diet..... I learned about things like Carrots and now I eat the tops more than the bottoms....avoiding the bad sugars.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
It’s all about caloric intake, not necessarily how much you work out, although working out is also a must.

When someone says they walk every day, but then eats 5,000 calories of junk food in one sitting, no wonder they gain weight.

You can’t work off a bad diet.

This, this right here.

One of the few sensible comments on this page.

Weight gain is primarily due to eating more calories than you burn. Followed by eating garbage that gets easily stored as fat. Such as Highly processed foods that break down quickly in the body.

The vast majority of weight problem are purely due to diet.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 07:23 AM
link   
The human obesity crisis illustrates perfectly that we are "doing it wrong."
Our finely tuned expert hunter gather skills have been hijacked by nefarious corporations and advertising companies,into a fake "desire" to eat absolute garbage-and make them stinking rich of course.
The parts of our brains which gave us reward chemicals when we killed a mammoth or found a new source of food are directly targeted by people who wish to make you addicted to junk trash.(and big tech but thats another story)
They ain't playing games,and they are clever.You are nothing but ££$$ to them.And they start on you when you are old enough to watch TV,and keep at you until you die.
And because we are no longer walking/running miles every day to search for food-the people who have been hoodwinked into eating crap(and being addicted to it)have no hope of being a healthy weight.

Its got so sad that one way to deduce how "well" a counties development is going,is to measure that countries level of obesity.
ALL countries who have gone from poor,to developing,to rich have seen a measurable rise in obesity as that countries living standards "improve."

How crazy is that?

Its become so upside down,that in very poor countries-people who are overweight are assumed to be "wealthy."
Its become a thing at least in my country UK,to read about morbidly obese people having to be cut out of their homes by industrial machinery and crane lifted to a (presumably reinforced)ambulance.
I have read of this more than once.

Those poor suffering souls are the perfect customer-imagine how many big macs they get through £$£$£$£$£ for the mega corps..

Damn,humans are messed up-and we're only just entering the real madness.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 07:33 AM
link   
That’s why I included the part about the median death age applying aswell. Go back and read the bottom of my post. ANY country with a large OLD population.

a reply to: musicismagic

edit on 5-3-2021 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-3-2021 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

And yet the UK is worse off than the US in both measures cited: deaths and obesity.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: nicevillegrl

I am now in a wellness program, restricting eating, clean eating and portion measurements, no sugars, no bread, no milk products, works, but also my calories intake is limited to 1500 a day, 3 small meals with two 100 calories snack each.

The hardest thing with this is getting use to eating less.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 08:17 AM
link   

You called it and so it begins:

GPs to prescribe DIETS for more than 700,000 people after report finds nine out of ten global Covid deaths happened in countries with high obesity rates

GPs will prescribe more than 700,000 people diet plans, apps and wearable activity trackers in a Government anti-obesity drive.

Ministers said they are committed to slimming the country's waistlines, after an alarming study revealed a high obesity rate was partly to blame for Britain's devastating coronavirus death toll.

Activity trackers... as if that's all they'll be tracking...

Downing Street said it would pump money into NHS-led schemes to help people of all ages lose weight, with the drive particularly targeting children and people living in poorer areas.

I'd like to know more about these "schemes"... and I'd like to know before they come to our shores.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Get ready for the ready to warm and eat meals and the arrange of "diet items" loaded with GMOs and over cooked ingredients that do no resemble a meal full of nutrients at all, but additives and preservatives.

This is what happened in the US back in the 80 when it was the last time that Americans were actually in shape and healthy, the diet business soared with their ready to eat crap and sugar free beverage, the result, we are fatter and more unhealthy than ever.

People stop cooking at home for ready to eat "diet tag meals".

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 08:33 AM
link   
That phrase - healthy at any size...

Whenever I hear it my mind also goes to that other phrase....

Unsafe at any speed.

Don't know why but it just does.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Boadicea

Get ready for the ready to warm and eat meals and the arrange of "diet items" loaded with GMOs and over cooked ingredients that do no resemble a meal full of nutrients at all, but additives and preservatives.

This is what happened in the US back in the 80 when it was the last time that Americans were actually in shape and healthy, the diet business soared with their ready to eat crap and sugar free beverage, the result, we are fatter and more unhealthy than ever.

People stop cooking at home for ready to eat "diet tag meals".

Yes! That's exactly what I remember... and exactly what I'm expecting. This is where my daughter would tell us both that "Great minds think for themselves and come to the same conclusions..."

What we need is to get people back to preparing their own food from whole fresh ingredients. Even better would be for more people to grow more of their own produce. Cut out the prepared crap and eat real food with real nutrients that the body can actually process and use.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Your link prompts me to purchase the Financial Times prior to reading the article. I can’t view the article that you are referencing.

I do agree that the pandemic has made staying in shape a bit more challenging. Unfortunately, working from home gives us all 24/7 access to the fridge. My kiddo is still remote schooling and is running into the same issue...he gets a break from online school and he wants a snack. Eating more out of boredom than anything else. I give him healthy snacks but his urge to the constantly graze is still a bit of an issue.

Exercising isn’t an issue...we are doing a lot more dog walking.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043
Sugar and the masses of chemicals/gmos added to processed "food" is the main issue.
Thats part of the con-it doesn't take much time to make much nicer fresh meals(and cheaper) but people are hoodwinked into thinking a ready made processed meal is easier.
That and what we have been told about fat is a lie.

Fat does not make you fat as we are told.

Sugar(or too much carbs which your body processs into sugar) makes you fat.

Big companies know this-and they also know processed sugar/high salt is addictive,which is why they ram it into all the garbage they sell as food.

People are being psychologically manipulated at the expense of their health by companies who want your money more than they want people to be healthy.

Its a giant scam that far too few people seem to even notice IMO.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Strong link between death from COVID and obesity continues to stand out.

In all countries with more than 100 deaths per 100K, the population had an obesity rate over 50%.

I guess you can't say "healthy at any size" and we need to reign in the body positivity movements and skinny is racist folks with a strong does of reality.

Being fat gets you dead more than wearing your mask or not.

Nine out of 10 deaths from coronavirus have occurred in countries with high obesity levels, according to World Health Organization-backed research that sets out the stark correlation between excessive weight and lives lost to the disease.

The study from the World Obesity Federation (WOF), which represents scientists, medical professionals and researchers from more than 50 regional and national obesity associations, showed mortality rates were 10 times higher where at least 50 per cent of the population was overweight.

Of course, it's ironic that one of the first thing most governments did was shut down all forms of exercise, sometimes even outdoor recreation.

I wonder how many people gained weight being shut up indoors exacerbating the overweight problem? And now, of course, there will be a push for government to "solve" a problem that it helped make worse.

The best workouts are done without "necessary" workout equipment. Workout equipment is a scam. You can use your own body as a weight(too many, way too many to list here, but most common are push ups and sit ups). You can run in place. You can do curls with many objects laying around. The strongest most fit people ive met in my life have never been to a gym nor do they own workout equipment.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

We eat too much. I'm English and I love a full English breakfast, but it's a treat that might see months between consumption. I've never grafted my arse off like the people post wwII or post industrial Britain.

It stands to reason that 4000 calories a day aren't good when I'm burning around 2000.

It's like saying I wonder why women put on weight after pregnancy... Diet and still eating for two? We're not that adaptable, generally anyways.

You can't be blamed neither can the average person in the street, it's the media via big business sponsorship literally feeding you the ideas that you need to eat and eat and eat. You seen Saturday morning TV? As soon as one finishes breakie then that Saturday morning kitchen is on and you get immediately hungry again, gone ar ethe days when you'd wait 'til 1.00 for your lunch, it's tensies then elevensies, then twelvsies then it just goes on all day while constant food is thrown at you by the media / big business

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join