It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Will History Describe The Bush Administration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 10:01 PM
link   
www.wage-slave.org...
CHECK OUT THIS URL

This presidents actions (which are facts by the way, so you right-wingers can't make claims I am lying) tell us everything we need to know, about the true intentions of this president

QUESTION FOR ALL

HOW WILL THE HISTORY BOOKS DESCRIBE THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION ?

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The Start of the Decline of the United States.

I could see it right now.

Chapter 76 of a 2030 8th grade history book.

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 10:04 PM
link   
There will be two versions:

1. Sanitized.
2. Truthful and correct.

Which do you want your children to learn in High School?

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 10:06 PM
link   
All you see is the sanitized version in high school text books.

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Illmatic

Yes. Sanitization places more responsibility on intelligent parenting and alternative education about the media.

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Well I seriously doubt that a radical and non-american are the best judges of how Bush will be remembered.

Students have a right to pursue their own religious activities in public schools, but any implication that a religious activity is sponsored by the school or any authority figure violates the first amendment by giving the appearance of state-approved religion. But the Bush administration files an amicus brief asking a court to allow Child Evangelism Fellowship to distribute its materials through school officials, essentially trying to drill another hole in the wall separating church and state.

Maybe no one told this guy, but while the Federal Government can not make laws supporting one religion or another, States can...and all this does is keep the Federal Government from intervening as it has ever since the '60s.

This long list of day-to-day events has little fact in my review.

Rather, it is a list of day-to-day events packed with commentary.

Bush will be remembered as keeping America free from the UN.

George Washington said for us not to mettle in Europe's affairs.

Well the UN is sure a bit European and WORLDLY, thanks to Bush we have little problem worrying about the UN telling us how to live our lives.

Bush will be remembered as a Good President that didn't stink up the country...which is more than can be said about some other presidents.

But I don't think he'll be more than a few paragraphs in the history book, as his deeds were necessary but not great. Other presidents will come along for that.

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Actually, FreeMason, as a non-American I feel I am far more qualified than you are to judge how the Bush administration will be remembered in history. You have a more limited perspective because of the very fact that you are living in the USA during this term.

I do agree with your conclusion, though, that the sanitized version will be no more than a few immemorable lines.

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 10:43 PM
link   
No I think as a non-American you are less inclined to judge because you recieve more propoganda against Bush than is fair. As well as you understand less of how our Government really works.

It's just as easy for us to say "See they are doing bad things" when we don't know that what they are doing is within the bounds of their Government's powers.

Many people criticize America for not listening to the UN, well many people don't realize Americans are not to be slaves of some "World Democracy" we'd sooner blow up the world than tollerate the other nations to make our laws.

Many people think Bush is doing things illegally, nope...all within the bounds of the constitutionally supported War Powers Acts...until those are removed he can do what he has been doing.

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 10:51 PM
link   
FreeMason

Friendly advice: Don't misunderestimate the unknown qualifications or knowledge of an individual talking about the government of your country. Not just in my case, but in general.

No, Bush is acting illegally, deceitfully and corruptly. Currently the Bush administration is in damage control and scapegoating mode. This is clear for all to see. It is a finely balanced moment in media manipulation. Look at the faces of Rumsfeld, Rice, Bush and Powell as they speak. Understand that they look that way, right now, because they are knowingly telling lies, that their regrouping and alteration of unequivocal statements previously made in all manner of things is being critically analyzed and adjudged as never before, that they have no hope, and that they are sliding down the slippery slide to political oblivion.

Look at Nixon's administration at the same stage in its demise.

And look at how history presents those events in a bi-partisan way.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 04:26 AM
link   
We're probably all far too close to the events at present, and there may be a few years left in which who knows what might happen.
In general there is a tendency to present events as a pattern rather than as chaos so I suppose the first focus will be upon differences between this government and previous administrations (Clinton's obviously).
As to whether or not an American or a non-American is the more approriate author, one cannot say -it's really an issue of how good a historian (contemporary American historians tend not to have a wonderful reputation and have not infrequently been found guilty of plagiarism).
On the other hand, if something doesn't happen to the US state education system soon, it won't matter because there will be almost no one left who can read.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
The Start of the Decline of the United States.

I could see it right now.

Chapter 76 of a 2030 8th grade history book.

If you think this is the start of the decline, you really ought to learn how this nation is supposed to be and how far away from it we are.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Killuminati
www.wage-slave.org...
CHECK OUT THIS URL

This presidents actions (which are facts by the way, so you right-wingers can't make claims I am lying) tell us everything we need to know, about the true intentions of this president

QUESTION FOR ALL

HOW WILL THE HISTORY BOOKS DESCRIBE THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION ?

Everyone needs to go to that website. I think all but the most incredibly blind and factually ignorant will see it for what it is. Some may have enough background to see who is the most dangerous, Bush or idiots with this kind of reasoning.

Case in point:
"Bush tries to remove Yellowstone from UN World Heritage Site list."

Do any of you libs have a clue what the repercussions are of having federal land controlled by the U.N.? Probably not. Some conspiracy people. Pfft.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 04:48 AM
link   
TC

I am very keen to hear your impression of what it means to have Yellowstone under World Heritage listing, and why it ought to be delisted.

new topics

top topics

join