It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New process for becoming an ATS/BTS/PTS member

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I think it's a good idea. Normally I'd share other peoples concerns here but I've been to quite a few boards in which this process has to be done and I have never had a problem getting on.

If you are truly interested in the subjects of the board it will show through in your submission to be accepted regardless of whether you're a good writer (I'm not) or not.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The new system will cut down the traffic of spammers,etc this is why its an excellent idea. Charging for ATS? i dont think so, ATS is a free place where we can talk about issues that mainstream media refuse to go. Membership would decline if we were to charge...

ATS should always keep one thing the same, keep this place free

link   
SO
I noticed two new members, and one member with several thousand points, who just flipped their minnow and were tossed. It was speedy to be sure. This doesn't have anything to do with the DoS attack does it? Chaosica running his mouth? Just curious.

BTW Didja catch mine and infinite's question about U2Us that haven't been replied to? I assume you have many every day, but I don't know if you have a policy to not respond, or to selectively respond, or to respond as time allows. Could you clear this question up for me?

link   
I think its a great Idea.

No matter what you do some are going to be unhappy or not like it. It is what it is.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
I think its a great Idea.

No matter what you do some are going to be unhappy or not like it. It is what it is.

agreed.
I dont disagree with this, i just feel a new HR department needs to be made to deal with the membership process.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I see what you mean SO, but as always thing can go very far if they are not under control.

I always feel that the staff has done a great job in controlling the boards and I never had anything to complain about it.

If I have not been able to notice the banning after the facts that means it works and works well.

But be careful to much of control can affect the community of ATS we all come in different sizes and flavors.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I see what you mean SO, but as always thing can go very far if they are not under control.

I always feel that the staff has done a great job in controlling the boards and I never had anything to complain about it.

If I have not been able to notice the banning after the facts that means it works and works well.

But be careful to much of control can affect the community of ATS we all come in different sizes and flavors.

Im think ATS is trying to get the right mix here, not a selected community. I think the new system will prove to be a great idea, some major forums have this system in place already.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Black band is gone now? It just left.

I guess its only on the Red boarder

[edit on 21-3-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
using the old think of this board as a house analagy, at the moment we have people just walking through an 'open door' and most of the time these visitors are friendly and respectful of everyone else here, but sometimes someone walks in and straight away, starts going around and messing the whole place up. then we have the salesmen who walk in at start touting for business without so much as a how do you do.
All that is being done here is that instead of an open door, we have closed it and installed a door bell.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Black band is gone now? It just left.

yeah i know,
i think this is how we're going to deal with the dark days

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I applaud this move. It is, however, a stopgap. While it will staunch the influx of idiots, trolls, flamers, etc. it does little to salve the many currently infesting the board. The issue remains. What needs to follow is an internal crackdown on these antics.

DE

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
little to salve the many currently infesting the board. The issue remains. What needs to follow is an internal crackdown on these antics.

This would be tricky though...some would call that one an infestation for being pro abortion, others would call this one an infestation for being a different faith...you see what I mean?

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
This would be tricky though...some would call that one an infestation for being pro abortion, others would call this one an infestation for being a different faith...you see what I mean?

I see what your saying,
but i dont thing it would be that big of a problem to fix.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
There is are different places to push political agendas and ideologies than here. There are other places to start brawls over left vs. right. People who consistently do both and do not really contribute to the community better shape up or ship out. I commented on it on SO's OP/ED article- it is my opinion that anti-this, anti-that banter and digs at others are something best left off ATS.

DE

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I got digs for my article on the real new world order,SkepticOverlord will have to end up getting tough with members who are just here to start political fights. Yeah, we do have a slug fest forum, but it should not end up childish or resulting in members just posting to grab points or get attention.

[edit on 21-3-2005 by infinite]

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
deusex
I think most people on ATS, while they would love a little respite from the constant problems, are not going to want to see a witch hunt. And that's what it would amount to. So, this has been discussed, and we all want a better ATS, but a miniature inquisition is not going to help us achieve that. (Or if it does, at what cost?)

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
A witch hunt will tear this place apart, ive seen it on message boards before and it result in chaos. We have come so close numerous times to a witch hunt but we've managed to avoid it. Witch hunt is not the answer.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
There is are different places to push political agendas and ideologies than here. There are other places to start brawls over left vs. right. People who consistently do both and do not really contribute to the community better shape up or ship out. I commented on it on SO's OP/ED article- it is my opinion that anti-this, anti-that banter and digs at others are something best left off ATS.

DE

I agree and respect your opioion.

I really think its about being seen. Some only know to bash or be anti-everything its there nature. We are humans we are not perfect, how boring would it be if we all had the same feelings and showed them in the same ways?

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Looking at the new posts, and looking over my former favorite older posts, I'm starting to think a witch hunt might be exactly what we need. There's people hopping in all over, bashing everything at hand- from cops to the French. Recently, there are few threads outside of ATSNN (or even on ATSNN) that get two pages before becoming ideological battles or degenerating to personal attacks.

Start nailing up the the postscriptions.

DE

[EDIT] wordplay. Screwed up my historical terms.

[edit on 21-3-2005 by DeusEx]

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
deusex
we all have names we want to throw out, but it's just not in the spirit of the community I don't think. At least not the way things are being run. While it might be tempting to say, I'm denying ignorance by pointing out such and such ignorant fool, you have to realize that one man's messiah is another's heretic. Yaknow?

Believe me, I'd love to name names, but I'm not going to. Unless asked.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join