It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

!!! 8.1 earthquake - Tsunami warning for Hawaii !!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: research100

It may vary depending on your position IMO. I've read a bit here and there and I'm watching a documentary about 1971 San Fernando earthquake now. No mention of up and down movement yet

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I have been through a couple as well. Nothing big mind you. But the first time it happened I kinda freaked out. I was in bed and the quake hit. I watched it cross the room popping up floor tiles as it went by. It was like someone was rolling a pipe under the house. You could see the outline of it as it passed. It was, and is to this day, one of the strangest things I have ever seen.

Same here. I had to move to CA for a job-related move in 1989. My wife and I flew out a month prior to find a place to live, etc. We found a fantastic place in the Marina district. What a beautiful area of San Francisco!

Well, as you may have guessed, when the Loma Prieta quake hit in Oct, our entire block in the Marina District was leveled. It was heartbreaking to see. We ended up moving to Palo Alto which is a beautiful little city too. While we were there, we got hit with a bunch of aftershocks - some as strong as 5.9 on the Richter scale.

Seeing and feeling the ground move violently from side to side was a life-changing experience for me. Probably because one of the most fundamental beliefs you have is in the solidity of the ground beneath your feet. When that can no longer be trusted, everything else is up for grabs too.

With that said, within 6 months, EQ's were almost a non-event for me. You can get used to almost anything, I guess...

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: More1ThanAny1
I've said this many times, and I'll say it again.

There are always Earthquakes leading up to Equinoxes. We got one coming up soon, March 20.

nypost.com...

Japan experiences a massive 7.0 magnitude earthquake

March 20

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join