It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is representation without taxation just as bad?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   

edit on 4-3-2021 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

Well, you got me...

I can neither agree nor disagree with nothing!!!

Tee hee hee

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

You will get no argument from me on that.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: Stevenmonet

Our absolute inalienable rights are granted by our Creator, and guaranteed by government. OurNatural Right to make a living for ourselves, our Natural Right to the bounty of the earth freely given by our Creator, is not subject to the whim of government. It is to be protected by government.

There should be NO personal income tax on earned income period. Whether you make a pittance or a fortune. Our absolute inalienable right to make a living and make a life for ourselves does not include paying government first or ever, because that makes it privilege and not a right. The fruits of our labor -- our sweat and blood -- belongs to us and us alone.

Our nation survived just fine without a personal income tax on earned income until fairly recently.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevenmonet

Because everybody in Washington and capital hill would have to go home and look for another job. Because, well taxation is there only sole reason for existing, and income.

So you need to pay the taxes so they can appropriate it toward to the right places. The first being themself's, and second would be utilities and essentials. What would government be without taxes? The answer is? Nothing...It would be nothing. Like a hamster running on a wheel.

It thinks its going to get that grain hanging on the stick in front of its running wheel. But its not. Its just going to get a bit of exercise. What I am saying is, government and poiticians are the wheel, and people are the hamsters. Its basically an unanswerable question.

Taxation without representation? or representation without taxation? Both seem to be like bottom of the barrel scraping questions. Off course representation without taxation. But then again, if you take taxes away? What is there to represent?

Interests and special interests and interests rights.... right? All of which are skyrocketing.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Economic systems mean nothing without protection. I'm not talking about terrorists, the police or world peace.

I'm talking about what's stopping me taking everything you own.

The reasoning is bound by much more than a hangman's noose, humanity, decency and hope springs to mind. In essence I guess we can have a system or we won't.

Just figured it's an angle worthy of note. Personally I'd rather deal with a bum than a hungry mother# with no hope.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join