It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

90mph sunset flight over open fields - Video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Hey all,

Almost out of winter here in the northern hemisphere. Excited to start flying more. Winter is a brutal time for this hobby. In this video I hit speeds of 90mph+. This is one of my best tuned drones. I treated myself to some new goggles to fly with, so visually, I can see a lot more. This results in more confident flying! The weather has not been great lately, so flying under the open sky last night was a real treat.

I hope you enjoy the show!

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128

Awesome flight!

Have you ever considered racing? You obviously have the skills required.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I have. Thing is, this is a hobby for me. The moment I start "racing" them.. I feel like I would lose a little bit of the "fun". I do it to relax and not think about things. I try to lose myself in the goggles and just let go. (sounds corny I know)

I have a couple close friends that have shown interest, so now I have my little group to fly with.

Maybe someday.. but right now. I enjoy it for what it is

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   

That's cool bro, I understand.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Phenomenal! ❤️

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The OP's piloting skills have improved greatly!

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short

Thanks, technology helps as well! I'm rocking new FPV goggles. 1280x960 resolution and big 46* Field of View. helps!

The drones flight software has come a ways as well. We use on the fly RPM filtering now. So rather then trying to smooth or filter an RPM "range" we can target the specific RPM at which a motor encounters noise.

By being able to isolate that, we can program these guys to fly super super smooth. As you can see in the video! Its insane.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   

What's the range on that thing?

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Triton1128

Thanks, technology helps as well! I'm rocking new FPV goggles. 1280x960 resolution and big 46* Field of View. helps!

The drones flight software has come a ways as well. We use on the fly RPM filtering now. So rather then trying to smooth or filter an RPM "range" we can target the specific RPM at which a motor encounters noise.

By being able to isolate that, we can program these guys to fly super super smooth. As you can see in the video! Its insane.

So...you're seeing what the drone's camera is seeing - in real time? Awesome!

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Exactly. Analog video signal being sent from the drone to me in roughly 5 - 15ms. Delay. Travels on the 5.8Ghz band. Controls are from my radio, traveling on the 900Mhz band.

Real time, like I'm laying on top of the thing with a radio in my hands!

edit on 4-3-2021 by Triton1128 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I use Crossfire which is a Long Range module. They say it can go up to 20km, but video signal would cut out well before then. I personally have tested out to about 2.5 miles one way. (4km)

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   

That was awesome, the music was perfect too. Felt like I was flying .

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Always enjoy your vids, Id imagine with the goggles it really feels like your flying, hell it pretty much does on your videos

edit on 4-3-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Sweet man, awesome video! I fly as well. Nothing that cool, just a cheap DJI, but I understand how enjoyable it is. I’m stepping in to the world of RC jets now. Just picked up the E-Flite 80mm F-18 Blue Angel. It’s a beast
edit on 3 4 2021 by EequalsMC2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3 4 2021 by EequalsMC2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   

really nice! also the music. and now do this at night with some colored lights on it. the perfect ufo.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: EequalsMC2

Those Jets look awesome as well! Imagine flying those FPV!

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

My buddy and I want to do this so we can chase each other at night. Could be awesome to watch!

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Shat myself every time you went close to the ground lol

Amazing vid 👌🏼👌🏼👌🏼

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 07:30 PM
link   

That looks so effortless, like you are 'in' the drone.

Really beautiful!

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Love your videos. I am an RC car guy. I was racing competitively before kids took up all my time (and money).

Hoping to get into drones since I don't have time to race cars anymore. However, I haven't found the time yet...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join