It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real pandemic

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The real pandemic is the loss of hope and human civility.
Sure it may not be infecting everyone, but a larger and larger group are being effected by these draconian measures against their physical and mental health. For example the little weight/fat/blood pressure measuring stations have all been taken out of the supermarkets because 'covid' so people are largely getting LESS healthy, less exercise and less checking up.
'In the name of health we are taking this health device away' wtf

In particular this article highlights the shocking numbers of drug overdoses. And people in some places have the nerve to say that suicides and overdoses are not at an all time high.

www.theepochtimes.com... edium=email&utm_campaign=mb-2021-03-04

Drug overdose deaths spiked during the first few months of the 2020 pandemic-related lockdowns, according to provisional data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

More than 83,500 people died from an overdose in the 12-month period ending July 2020—an average of 228 deaths per day.

It’s the highest number of overdose deaths ever recorded, and the final number, which is up 24 percent over the same period in the year prior, is expected to be even higher.

The CDC issued an emergency health advisory on Dec. 17, 2020, alerting public health workers...

I am thinking that since this has been ongoing a year, a lot less people will be cooped up and offing themselves, either accidentally or not, but as it is this is terrible news.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

It's social engineering towards nihilism.

The Albert Pike letter was real.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I've been saying from the start that the long term effects of the shutdown will be much worse than any damage the pandemic could do.

Mental stress from the shutdown and stress from the economic damage will last much longer.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Wasn't he a Freemason?

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

A lot of people in my office are totally #ing fried, brainwashed. If you walk up to them to say hi they step back like you are shooting poison out of your gaze and kind of stare wide eyed. Its a new cold virus...

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 09:52 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Honestly this had been coming for a while now.
So many of the interviews I conduct are with people that have social anxiety.
At one time it was a rare thing but now it's one in three applicants.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Is worst actually now is 3 million children that can not be accounted for in the education system and none of the states affected are doing a darn thing about this children lost of time.

The future of America is been cancelled

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   
To paraphrase Ronald Reagan... when the government says i am here to help you the proper answer is I am screwed.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Almost like it's part of the plan.

But history will say that everyone died of covid. No cancers, heart attacks, untreated illnesses.......just covid.

Only a dangerous extremist would dare to question this.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I've been saying from the start that the long term effects of the shutdown will be much worse than any damage the pandemic could do.

Mental stress from the shutdown and stress from the economic damage will last much longer.

Trump (am I still allowed to mention his name?) spoke of this often in the early months of the shutdown.
Of course, he was ridiculed by the Left for it.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Is worst actually now is 3 million children that can not be accounted for in the education system and none of the states affected are doing a darn thing about this children lost of time.

Do you have a source for this figure? I'm truly interested in this statistic.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 11:38 AM
link   
For real man. This subject NEVER gets brought up in the MSM. Nor the suicides, etc we may never know the real toll. Except in ten years when we get an assload of under-educated yunguns who cant get a job.

a reply to: Bluntone22

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Maybe we're all supposed to just die because the billionaire riggers feel awkward in public?
Our wealth has been extracted.
Now get the shot!
Lol
Joking/not joking

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 12:28 PM
link   

By implication, the real pandemic, the viral one killing millions across the world, isn't real?

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Yes, and my kid's father was one of them. Up 74% over 2019 here in BC for a total of 1716 deaths. The social stresses of these lockdowns are inhumane.

www.cbc.ca...

Versus 1372 Covid deaths, and that might include the first two months of 2021 from here...

experience.arcgis.com...

The covid is hardly a public health crisis in comparison.

Any surprise that the flu stats are down?...

www.cbc.ca...
www.huffingtonpost.ca...

So masks work for flu but not covid? I'm not buying it.
edit on 4-3-2021 by igloo because: spelling

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Yep, but don't try to tell that to the Chicken Littles around here.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

TextAs Many As 3 Million Children Have Gone Without Education Since March: Estimate

www.usnews.com...

4.4 million households with children don’t have consistent access to computers for online learning during the pandemic

usafacts.org...

When the schools were close nobody in our educational system took into consideration that many as millions of children lacked the funds to have computers to learn at home, nobody did anything about this bigger crisis now that the so call covid scam.

A generation lost to education.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit

originally posted by: marg6043

Do you have a source for this figure? I'm truly interested in this statistic.

Thanks

A recent study by Bellwether Education Partners, a non-profit that focuses on underserved communities, estimates that approximately 3 million of the “most educationally marginalized students in the country” may have been missing from school since March 2020, when the pandemic forced school closures.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

It was never a crisis at all, that is why rather than colleting and claiming dead numbers only infections were counted, because lets face it, you can get an upper respiratory system infection anytime,

Acute infections involving the nose, throat, pharynx, larynx and lungs.
    How common is condition?
    Very common (More than 3 million cases per year in US)

Sadly many of the common upper respiratory infections that are part of normal yearly numbers were probably tagged to covid to inflame numbers. So states and hospitals could get covid relief money.

www.sciencedirect.com...#

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join