It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rocket Attack at Al Asad Air Base in Iraq March 2, 2021 One US Contractor Dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 04:16 AM
link   
These rocket attacks are becoming more brazen every week. Iraqi Hezbollah and the PMU are the usual suspects in this case, both of which are now Iranian proxy militias. Spokesman claims C-Ram was activated and effective, but the aerial surveillance feed just only seems to show six successful impacts out of ten. Maybe the cram got the other four but that does not appear visible to me in the video.
One US contractor ironically passed away from a cardiac episode while sheltering in place.

Department of Defense Release 03/03/2021

We can confirm that early this morning the air base at Al Asad in Iraq came under rocket attack.

Preliminary indications are that approximately ten rockets were fired from points of origin east of the base.

There are no current reports of U.S. servicemember injuries and all are accounted for. A U.S. civilian contractor suffered a cardiac episode while sheltering and sadly passed away shortly after.

Iraqi security forces are on scene and investigating. We cannot attribute responsibility at this time, and we do not have a complete picture of the extent of the damage. We stand by as needed to assist our Iraqi partners as they investigate.

Al Asad’s Counter-Rocket, Artillery, Mortar (C-RAM) missile defensive systems engaged in defense of our forces.

Secretary Austin was briefed by his team and is closely monitoring the situation.

We extend our deepest condolences to the loved ones of the individual who died.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 04:31 AM
link   
This video shows what is left of the alleged launch location. If that is accurate, it looks like a counterstrike occured swiftly. I can see a series of rocket tubes. Nowadays, and as we saw frequently during ISIS war on Iraq and Syria, these systems can be installed on pickup trucks as S2S technicals, which may have been the case here.

Maybe it was a BM-21, but the front end seems too low and the chasis is the wrong size from my observation.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Are we still referring to mercenaries as contractors?

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 06:18 AM
link   
One day America will take the hint that it isn’t welcome in that part of the world.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
Are we still referring to mercenaries as contractors?

I guess that depends on what their actual job description is. If they are a manufacturer's representative working on an HVAC system at a base, I wouldn't think of them as a mercenary.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 07:39 AM
link   
It’s so crazy how attacks in the Middle East are on the rise just a couple months into Biden’s presidency.

It’s unimaginable this would happen! Who could have ever guessed this would become an issue again. I mean, I know I’m completely blown away by this unforeseeable chain of events.

Ohh gosh, I hope we don’t go into another middle eastern conflict. I mean...who profits from it. Really? Who could ever profit from such actions?!? Ohh me ohh my!!

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

I like your tone.

Tone tone tone. Second line.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

And one US president sitting in a bunker asking if he's supposed to take questions after speaking.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
One day America will take the hint that it isn’t welcome in that part of the world.

It's the democrats. They drop pallets of cash into the center of these people screaming "Death to America" as a message to say "Please like us, we love you!"

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   
There's a bible prophecy that seems to say the US was supposed to conquer 3 nations in the middle east. We're at 2 currently. So I wonder how much time does Iran have at this point if they keep being "uppity"? And what do they do that causes the US to drop the hammer on them? But whatever it is it appears the results are really bad for Iran. Like 50% of the population dead type of results.

You don't think they could be so stupid as to trigger the Israelis Sampson option could they?

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I've never seen the United States mentioned in the bible myself. I think it's probably going to be ok.

a reply to: ntech

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The Iranian militias are targeting the wrong areas, it's much further away... smack in the middle of DC.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: vance
I've never seen the United States mentioned in the bible myself. I think it's probably going to be ok.
a reply to: ntech

I absolutely do not mean that this applies to you, it could apply to practically anybody, anywhere. But, I have never seen anyone mention that you, er, strike that, [anybody, anywhere], have a brain. Does that mean [anybody, anywhere] does not have one? The name "United States" is not mentioned in the Bible. Lots of names aren't mentioned in the Bible, but if you study the Bible, you know even though several countries, with names as we know them now, are not mentioned in the Bible with their current names, that nonetheless, they are still mentioned in the Bible. The United States is actually mentioned in the Bible, but just not with that name. I hope this helps, because I know you have a brain and will now proceed to use it and study the Bible to see how you missed the reference to the United States. Clue, look up "Babylon."

TCB

p.s. I made sure that this comment wasn't off-topic or anything like that. Studying about the end times in the Bible can be very rewarding.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

Actually it's like this. End time prophesies of Daniel. According to them when the end times start a country that looked Greek to him would be attacked by 4 kings/countries in old Persia/middle east. In turn said country that was attacked was to turn around and conquer 3 of those nations. So as of now the US was attacked and conquered 2 nations in the middle east.

So when a 2500 year old end of the world prophecy goes 3 for 3 it bares watching for event 4. The conquering of the 3rd country. Then especially event 5. Where multiple nations and governments cease to exist. Then event 6 mentions a treaty that Daniel says starts the 7 years of the Apocalypse.

So yes I am concerned.

1st Thess. 5
1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Al Asad is a new Bin Laden? I heard such news from Trump, about the chemical weapons. How come, they can't take him out with a missile, instead of wasting the missiles on targeting airports? Probably Al Asad has defence systems, or automated drones. He seems to be very dangerous.

top topics

join