It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dornier 328 or what's flying nightly near York, Hershey chocolates.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: Capies

You'll usually see Blackhawks, A-10's and others training just north east near Harrisburg.. live right now.

Fort Indiantown Gap

I used to play golf on the other side of the mountain range where the A-10s would train. I was an awesome sight and sound. You'd see them pop up over the mountaintop, do a 180 mid-air and head back down to the deck. On many days they'd leave the range and head right over the golf course. We even got a "wave" from them once.

One of the things I truly miss after leaving PA.....the golf courses. This course is called Manada btw

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: buddah6

The ANG has 10 RC-26Bs at various locations. One has been flying around Arizona the last few weeks.

There are 8 EO-5Cs, and there were two RC-7s. The EO-5Cs belong to the 204th Military Intelligence Battalion in Texas, and the 3rd Military Intelligence Battalion in Korea. The RO-6As will probably go to the same units, as they're replacing the EO-5C. SOCOM had at least two under Saturn Arch, but one was destroyed in the attack in Kenya last year.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Lol, start a thread after a year and receive every answer on a silver platter. Thanks so much to everybody. Now if I can tie in Sierra Nevada Corporation located at Hagerstown Airport then that would be the icing on the cake. I really should just start a thread from now on if I need immediate aanswers, butI love a good mystery.

www.sncorp.com...

If anybody needs a radar map in the future. Here's ADS-B Exchange.

globe.adsbexchange.com...

Click the "U" ( as in U-2 ) icon to isolate the military aircrafts.

Map Help legends
www.adsbexchange.com...

See everyone around 7 pm est tonight.

Edit: random photo from 2 weeks ago.

edit on 4-3-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Your post about Hagerstown reminded me of my adolescence in Fulton County in the 1970's. After the Fairchild A-10's came off the assembly line in Hagerstown, they would take them out for a shakedown flight. They often turned around at low level over the farm that I grew up on and fly back to Hagerstown.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I already tied them to the EO-5C for you.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58It was my impression that the UC-26's belonged to the air guard or USAFR. Unfortunately, I flew the Metro3's as a civilian and have about 500 hours in it. It is not a pilot friendly bird. I bid out as quickly as my seniority would allow.

I looked up some information about Libby AAF, Az. and they are into drones big time. The only manned a/c was the U-21 and EC-21.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BigburghThanks for the kind words but I don't know how much of an asset that I am. I'm too old and broken to help any of you all. Maybe just some aviation history.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: buddah6

They have ten that are in the RC configuration that do interesting things. The UC looked godawful uncomfortable the one time I got on board on. Jesus that thing is cramped. I can't imagine what the RC is like on board.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

I already tied them to the EO-5C for you.

Got it thanks🤗

Edit: forgive me as I got the flu ( yes that flu )and a bit slow. Really slow... I appreciate your patience. I know and will point out that you've gone out of your way a usual. Thank you Zaph.

Edit: I'm so off that I saw an A-321 and thought it was a 757, I saw a 737 and insisted it was a 777 or 767... the 717 looked like an MD-88. And don't ask about my underwear 😑
edit on 4-3-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I knew it! sometimes driving on route 22 I got that feeling that the helicopter above me was taking an interest in my vehicle.
Really dig the sound those jets make when they dog fight at the gap

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

Well it wasn’t checking out manada that place is shut down for about three years now the fishing in the water hazards is awesome. I lived on golf road with the overgrown fairway out my back door

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Nice your right down the street.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Capies

I knew it! sometimes driving on route 22 I got that feeling that the helicopter above me was taking an interest in my vehicle.
Really dig the sound those jets make when they dog fight at the gap

I like when they are shooting artillery or dropping bombs or whatever there. I have heard it all the way out in Bernville when I was visiting my sister.
edit on b000000312021-03-04T17:27:48-06:0005America/ChicagoThu, 04 Mar 2021 17:27:48 -0600500000021 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I watched an Apache out of Mesa hover in place for a good thirty minutes or more one day tracking vehicles on the interstate, while they were several miles back. I've also had one fly alongside I-10 in Texas, and you could see the gun was turned, like they were looking at our truck.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Bastards, I don’t know but that has to break some kind of law

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
Like Godzilla farting brrrrrrp!!!!!

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Not at all. There's nothing that says they can't test the targeting/tracking systems on cars and trucks. The bombers use people's houses all the time as the initial point of a bombing run, or the actual simulated target. There's no danger to anyone, and no one actually knows they're doing it unless you're in the right place at the right time, and know what to watch for.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Noooo! I loved that course. Sorry to hear that

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Next time I will play along and give them a harder target to track😁
Maybe a bottle rocket to wave back at them.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

Yup we still have blue mountain and pine meadows
Thread derailed ‘warning’warning’!😏

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join