It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA Warns Members Joe Biden ‘Extreme Gun Control’ Measures Coming

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer
I’m going to start putting $1 in a jar every time the right-wing says the left-wing is coming for the guns.

Sure, it’s obvious a lot of lefties would love to, but this story’s been told a few times before.

By next Tuesday you'd have enough for a semi-automatic rifle. If you wait another day or two you could then add the optics.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Not saying i agree with the bill or not, but how are gun laws an infringement?

There should be laws to help reduce selling guns to criminals (such as mexican cartels) and reducing the chance of mentally ill people owning guns.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I’m going to start putting $1 in a jar every time the right-wing says the left-wing is coming for the guns.

Sure, it’s obvious a lot of lefties would love to, but this story’s been told a few times before.

How would you define "coming for the guns"?
Does that mean an all out confiscation in your mind?
Does severely restricted sales and ownership count as a major step towards a total ban?
The British can own guns but most people would consider their laws as a gun ban.

The left has a fricken heart attack at the idea of required voter Id's to vote...

Many on The left would be in favor of an all out ban on firearms and anyone that believes otherwise is just kidding themselves.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Forcing me to purchase liability insurance? How about we reinstitute a poll tax while we're at it.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Many criminals get their guns through legal owners. Most of mexico cartel weapons are from America. There should be laws in place that help prevent that.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Forcing me to purchase liability insurance? How about we reinstitute a poll tax while we're at it.

Yea.. i don't understand the insurance. Seems pretty stupid. I was just arguing in general about gun laws being an infringement.

The mental evaluations.. not sure how that would work either. Having to get a psych evaluation.. how much does that cost?

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Many criminals get their guns through legal owners. Most of mexico cartel weapons are from America. There should be laws in place that help prevent that.

Yeah maybe the ATF should stop selling the cartels guns

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 09:00 AM
link   

The proposed laws only hurt the legal owners.

How about closing the borders to deter the cartels and capital punishment for anyone using a firearm to commit a felony?

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Yea.. i don't understand the insurance. Seems pretty stupid.

It's more than stupid, it's an very serious un-Constitutional infringement.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Yea im no fan of the bill but legal gun owners do sell to cartels. Transferring weapons into mexico.

And closing the borders would probably be a serious economic problem right?
Capitol punishment for gun felonies? Idk .. seems harsh but maybe

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 09:05 AM
link   

So a lot of lefties would love to, a major dem candidate literally said “hell yes we’re coming for your guns” but we’re supposed so ignore all that and assume it will never happen or that you will even try?

Geez even you guys know how ineffectual Dems are at actually doing what they say. . .

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 09:10 AM
link   

a reply to: Bluntone22

Yea im no fan of the bill but legal gun owners do sell to cartels. Transferring weapons into mexico.

And closing the borders would probably be a serious economic problem right?
Capitol punishment for gun felonies? Idk .. seems harsh but maybe

Harsh?
If guns are such a big problem then it requires a big solution.

As for closing the borders...
Most countries use customs to collect tarrifs.
I sent some sports equipment to Canada a few weeks ago and customs needed a breakdown of the shipment so they could set the tax bill.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 09:11 AM
link   

how are gun laws an infringement?

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

It's just more of the anti-American, anti-Constitutional actions of the left.

We all said this would happen, but this is what the evil left voted for.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   

This is the most retarded thing I've read this week. Might be time for you to check out

"Right wingers keep saying the left are coming for their guns! Ya sure a lot of them want to, but you can't say it!"

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Everybody in America is to make a buck, but they are good at warning us of the upcoming trampling on constitutional rights, I hope this will be challenged in the supreme court.

Soo far the supreme court has been sticking to our constitutional rights, States also have a say so on the federal law and can sue also.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Everybody in America is to make a buck, but they are good at warning us of the upcoming trampling on constitutional rights, I hope this will be challenged in the supreme court.

They're good at ginning people up over things that may never even happen, like this. The NRA is a waste, just like all other lobbying groups.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Regardless of your feelings about NRA any person that like to keep their right to arms in the US as by constitutional law, needs to be very worry, the liberals in Washington are not a stable entity any laws against rights to law, need to be challenge if the are passed specially with that wall in Washington, this is telling all of us that we mean nothing to their establishment and their will against constitutional rights.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I wish I had your faith in the Supreme Court.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Regardless of your feelings about NRA any person that like to keep their right to arms in the US as by constitutional law, needs to be very worry...

I'm not at all worried, I've heard this refrain before. As I said earlier I want them to pass this so it can get knocked down. The more legal precedent set by the Supreme Court on the matter the harder it becomes in the future to change this right.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join