It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just bought my first 5G phone - here are my early thoughts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 07:37 PM
link   
My old phone was getting glitchy after a few years and I finally got sick of fighting with it, so I decided it was time for a new phone.

After doing a little research, I knew I wanted a 5G phone. I've always had very good experiences with Motorola products so I decided to get the new Motorola One Ace - 5G. The fact that CNET talked about it being available from Metro Mobile (A T-Mobile reseller) for only $20 made it a no-brainer for me. Here are my early thoughts:

5G as a technology really smokes! I might be lucky in that 5G is always available to me (I live a little north of NYC), but I didn't think it would really make a difference to me. Wow, was I wrong.

First off - you pay nothing extra for using the 5G band.

Second, if you do any streaming at all, you'll be amazed at the difference 5G makes. I don't stream a lot, but the few times I have using 5G, it was a pleasure. No hiccups, glitches, or videos that just seem to die mid-stream. I may stream more now since it's trouble free.

Third - if you have ever downloaded large files you'll *really* appreciate the speed. Large downloads happen in the blink of an eye. I didn't believe the file actually downloaded until I opened it. It's *that* fast.

Those are my early thoughts. If I have anything to add, or if my opinion changes, I'll be back here to let you folks know. So far - it's all good.

Does anyone else have any experiences they can share - good or bad?

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter
Does anyone else have any experiences they can share - good or bad?

I am in and out of 5G areas. Can't say I've noticed any performance change. The only time I have issues with the phone is when I'm all the way out of any service area.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Our work phones are old and also very glitchy, so our office bought 8 new 5G phones. The phone calls still not so good but the crew really enjoy the incredibly fast you tube videos, and movies are awesome ! Water department outside Tacoma Wa.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

5g is not much of a priority for me at this point when you consider that my network is either 3g or LTE...

I'm on boost mobile right now and they were bought by t mobile so I've been told by boost that my phone will mot work much longer
edit on 2-3-2021 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 08:17 PM
link   

They already have 6G. Little behind the tech. It's going to get a lot better in a 4-6 years. It's the packeting of info. Easiest way to describe it is instead of fitting 20 clowns in a car, try 20 cars full of 20 clowns in a car doing 110 on the interstate. That's where it's all going. Super fast, reliable and dirt cheap. About to purchase my first ATSC 3.0 TV. 4K, high def sound, ability to pick up 1,000 channels for free and a la carte if I want a movie or something. Going to be amazing.

edit on 2-3-2021 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JCscrat50

I’m glad you guys have time to watch you tube videos so you can bilk us taxpayers a little more

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I'd look it up but I'm in a bad mood tonight. Is it rootable?

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 08:40 PM
link   
95% of my data usage is reading news, blogs, ATS. I don't think upgrading from my Samsung S-9 LTE to a 5G model would yield any benefit, unless the VOICE signal is also stronger. When I drive through certain parts of Wisconsin and Michigan, anyone I'm talking to drops, like clockwork across specific stretches of highway.

(post by mockingmay removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

They already have 6G. Little behind the tech. It's going to get a lot better in a 4-6 years. It's the packeting of info. Easiest way to describe it is instead of fitting 20 clowns in a car, try 20 cars full of 20 clowns in a car doing 110 on the interstate. That's where it's all going. Super fast, reliable and dirt cheap. About to purchase my first ATSC 3.0 TV. 4K, high def sound, ability to pick up 1,000 channels for free and a la carte if I want a movie or something. Going to be amazing.

First of all 6g doesn't exist in a functional commercial application wide ranging yet......so no he's not behind the tech

And the TV and tuner you're talking about don't Cary the channels you're making claims about yet, and they damn sure aren't that many stations broadcasting you claim.......I don't know why you feel the need to lie

why make stuff up?
edit on 3/2/2021 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thenail
a reply to: JCscrat50

I’m glad you guys have time to watch you tube videos so you can bilk us taxpayers a little more

Does it really bother you that much?🙄 Are you current with the numbers and market conditions?

If not, I'll save you some time:

THE DEBT CAN NEVER BE PAID BACK.

The sooner you accept that fact, the less meaningless bitching you'll have in your life.

Your fellow citizens and taxpayers DO NOT dictate monetary policy. You might even try to say, "...it's who you vote for and that's that other guys fault because I didn't vote for that! ".

Nope that won't work either. The US signed over our sovereignty to the central bankers in 1913 and then AGAIN IN 2013 for another 100 years..

You and I are NOT the problem. Have a good evening!

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Make sure you protect your body from the EMF radiation, is not joke that is dangerous to humans.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 09:40 PM
link   
youre not a mutant...
just post when youre a mutant.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Your early thoughts about 5G?

What makes you think these are your thoughts the 5G is giving you subliminal thoughts to push 5g.

Seriously though Id imagine it would fly, hell our internet here sucks, it's ATT yet I can set up a hotspot on my 4g ATT/iPhone, and all of a sudden it zips. Security is about my only issue or Id do it full-time depending on the data plan

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I had to turn back 4g on my galaxy s20 because websites wouldn't load with 5g in greater Boston

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 10:08 PM
link   
A drawback for me using 5G is that my data limit will be reached so much sooner.

So I decided not to upgrade just yet.

I bought another phone for the missus, expecting to add another data plan of 1 Gig per month for another 15 bucks on xfinity only to discover they are are "sharing one Gig a month between the two phones per month, meaning now, we only have 640 plus megs each per month or whatever.

Really have to to keep a handle on these scammers and their sh''T tactics they use taking your money every month. Or short selling you every month.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 10:12 PM
link   
5G phone? Do you have testicular cancer yet? Or covid? I hear its a thing.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I don't have any time at all wasted downloading on my phone. It never drops a call and I have no data caps. It's a landline and the calls are at an awesomely normal speed. And when (ANOTHER) storm rumbles through here in the summer and the power goes off AGAIN, my phone still works without electricity. Besides, my station wagon came out of the factory with a mobile phone in it, back in 1996.

TCB

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

You admit 6G exists no? He is behind because 5G has been out a while. Been having it over 2 years on my phone. ATSC 3.0 is functional. The slew of channels are going to happen. It has the capability. It's on their own website so again, not a lie. They already sell TV's in BB with it. A lie would making up nonsense. Both are facts. We will go to 6G then 7,8....meh. All this will happen in 5-6 years for the masses. I plan on getting the 3.0 TV in a few months. We can have this conversation about my lying in say 48 months if you would like.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 11:24 PM
link   
5G is a means to an end and that end is mind control....... enjoy your new toy whilst it still is at face value a toy.

So you get fast downloads. ....... . Well woop de do.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join