It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas governor repeals mask requirement and OKs businesses to operate at 100 percent capacity

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
a reply to: Nyiah

I get it all now minus ' asking others to suffer, even just a touch, so you or I don't have to, that's some psychopathic crap right there'
Who are the ones doing the suffering?
Is the you or I after that, people like you and me? or people that are in charge?
Less pronouns

No, I never ...ok i did teach English in Korea. lol

That was what the clarification at the end cleared up (or so I thought, guess I could have done better)

The way we've (socially as a mass group, not you or I individually) treated businesses and their owners for the last year has been abysmal at best. We actually had screwed up people posting to business owners on this very forum last year, that they should have chose their sectors better and oh well, sucks to be you.

It's cold, cruel and people who function well in a society don't ever stoop to thinking that the only way to protect themselves is to shutter everything and holler "Aw, tough luck, shopkeep" over their snotty prima donna shoulders.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I agree with all of that.
Perhaps in the future please sit back and post slower
Proof read.
much love. and thats not condescending.

a reply to: Nyiah

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   
This will trigger a deluge of smear campaigns nationwide now 😸

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Man, this is causing huge turmoil int he state. Many business are issuing guidance to their people that despite the governors order, masks will be required to enter the property. We are doing this in our restaurants.

its a mix of people who want to feel safe vs people who want to feel free. One of our restaurant hosts told me today that he may resign over it, as he just does not desire to a). get his ill partner sick and b). deal with the confrontations that are bound to result from this.

This summer is going to be bloody I think.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Man, this is causing huge turmoil int he state. Many business are issuing guidance to their people that despite the governors order, masks will be required to enter the property. We are doing this in our restaurants.

its a mix of people who want to feel safe vs people who want to feel free. One of our restaurant hosts told me today that he may resign over it, as he just does not desire to a). get his ill partner sick and b). deal with the confrontations that are bound to result from this.

Yes, this, despite the state saying there is no mandate, at the end of the day if you are going on private property you gotta do what they say. You'll still need your masks, just not knowing when you'll actually need it. Another #ing thing to keep in our pockets.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Freedom should never be step over because it was a campaign of miss information and scaremongering in order to pursue political agendas, that is what covid was for the liberals a political agenda.

Mask do not stop anything, it never did, if you have not gotten sick by now, you probably will not or already have the antibodies because exposure to it.

But never even noticed.

Corona virus is the biggest hoax been player to humanity all to push an injection, the effects of all this will be seen later, when all kind of new ailments starts to hit people that took that injection.

Enough if enough.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 05:15 PM
link   
In my area we have business that do not enforce any rules, I can tell you this much, those that do not get most of the patrons, I personally will no enter any facility that will force me to wear a mask, soo my money is spend somewhere else.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior
Abbott was correct to jump first, now the other states will have to follow accordingly or play catch up with Texas economy and bragging rights later.

Alaska was first, not Texas. In fact, Alaska was the first state to allow our state of emergency declaration to fully expire a couple of weeks ago. We never did have a state mask mandate, all we really had were some travel restrictions, all of which are now long gone.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I did not know, I guess Alaska is a state that you do not hear much about what they doing, the last time I seen Alaska in the news all the time was when Sara Palin was in the spot light.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I don't envy the position you are in, looks like separate dining areas might be the only way to serve both sides and even that would likely start some crap as well.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I did not know, I guess Alaska is a state that you do not hear much about what they doing, the last time I seen Alaska in the news all the time was when Sara Palin was in the spot light.

The Municipality of Anchorage is participating in the foolishness with a Muni mask mandate, gathering restrictions, capacity limits, etc in effect since last Spring. We even had restaurants and bars mandated closed... in that asininity, the MatSu Valley without any restrictions in place has thrived... restaurants and bars hopping, many people who sought to shop in freedom willing to pay the MatSu sales tax for that freedom rather than wear a ridiculous mask for the joy of Anchorage's tax free shopping.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

The Municipality of Anchorage is participating in the foolishness with a Muni mask mandate, gathering restrictions, capacity limits, etc in effect since last Spring. We even had restaurants and bars mandated closed... in that asininity, the MatSu Valley without any restrictions in place has thrived... restaurants and bars hopping, many people who sought to shop in freedom willing to pay the MatSu sales tax for that freedom rather than wear a ridiculous mask for the joy of Anchorage's tax free shopping.

The "Mask Tax..." I can see it now.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Freedom should never be step over because it was a campaign of miss information and scaremongering in order to pursue political agendas, that is what covid was for the liberals a political agenda.

Mask do not stop anything, it never did, if you have not gotten sick by now, you probably will not or already have the antibodies because exposure to it.

But never even noticed.

Corona virus is the biggest hoax been player to humanity all to push an injection, the effects of all this will be seen later, when all kind of new ailments starts to hit people that took that injection.

Enough if enough.

At the end of the day, establishments have always had the right to set a dress code in their place. When my grandfather was taking his family (including my mother) to Kwajalein back in the 60's so he could do work on their missile silo's, they'd stop over in Hawaii prior to the final leg of the trip. There was an italian restaurant that required a tie from men, and a dress from women. When they walked up, the maitre d asked "Do you have reservations?" My granddad, being a smarass, played the old "Plenty, but we are gonna eat here anyway".

But the point is: if the mask is part of the required dress code to enter an establishment, its no different than being required to wear a tie.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I see, I rather pay a tax than using a stupid mask, but here where I live is a matte of choice, I do not wear mask and I chose where I go and to spend my money. Freedom that is what should be about.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I wonder how Abbott will try to blame AOC when number of cases starts increasing.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 05:41 PM
link   

A mask is sign of oppression now, because political game has made it just that, a reminder that some people in government can force you to do what they want, is not a fashion statement or a dress code, no for me.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

What cases? Biden cure covid, remember? he just eradicated the covid, for every and ever.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
I wonder how Abbott will try to blame AOC when number of cases starts increasing.

The data will be fake anyway 😧

Wonder why some areas are "concerned" and nervous and some areas aren't ? 😃

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Interesting that I had a post about Whitmer and her COVID restrictions. Now it has vanished. Perhaps I didn’t put it in the right category.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 06:03 PM
link   
He had the conference in a restaurant and nobody was wearing masks. He said it goes into effect next WED...meh. Looks like right now for him and the restaurant. Getting tired of this BS. Just say effective today and be done with it. Next WED for me, him whenever he damn well feels like it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join