It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas governor repeals mask requirement and OKs businesses to operate at 100 percent capacity

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Ok. As it should be there. It's not up to you to tell someone else how to self-mitigate -- SELF being the keyword here -- and yes, the world does not revolve around non-maskers, but it also does not revolve around those pro-mask folks who should be looking after themselves in this manner to begin with (sorry, people, I'm high risk and think it's solely my responsibility, not yours EVER)

You, on the other hand, are still free to slap an Always pad on your face day after day for "filtration purposes". Same thing with your experimental gene therapy -- get it if you want, lab rats, but don't expect everyone else to fall into line just because you whined so.

edit on 3/2/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

link   

Good point. Right to Die states should not have any problems with going maskless (and topless).

No mask, no shoes, no shirt?
Hippies use the side door.
Covid Deniers use the back entrance.
If you have a mask, we ask that you stay in the car since you are not well.

edit on 2-3-2021 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: RMFX1

You want mob rule and a random witch hunt because you are being disagreed with so you get beheaded?

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Ok. As it should be there. It's not up to you to tell someone else how to self-mitigate -- SELF being the keyword here -- and yes, the world does not revolve around non-maskers, but it also does not revolve around those pro-mask folks who should be looking after themselves in this manner to begin with (sorry, people, I'm high risk and think it's solely my responsibility, not yours EVER)

You, on the other hand, are still free to slap an Always pad on your face day after day for "filtration purposes". Same thing with your experimental gene therapy -- get it if you want, lab rats, but don't expect everyone else to fall into line just because you whined so.

I don't live in Texas and not expecting any visitors from that area so it's not my problem. Yet.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

I don't live in Texas and not expecting any visitors from that area so it's not my problem. Yet.

Get your jabs and wear your masks. THAT is all you're entitled to. Make use of them.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I am also high risk because of a random blood thing, but I refuse to wear a mask outside, I am not afraid of this. I even talk to people indoors for a time without a mask because it's my life and it's more comfortable. Plus the people in question, generally repair guys, didn't care either. It was a body language thing I guess.

Those that want to trade security for liberty deserve neither.

My significant other and I made the choice long ago, we live like human beings and face the consequences. If that means an early death, so be it.
Better to live your life than to cower in fear and remove your identity your face and your dreams from your life.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 03:27 PM
link   
All the elderly in Texas are completely free to wear masks everywhere if they are worried about COVID or think they are in a high risk category. They are also free to stay home still.

Healthy people should never have been quarantined.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: carewemust
Texas is the state gaining the most legal citizens of any of the 50 states. It has replaced Florida and Arizona at the state most US citizens relocate to.

Maybe so, but the more I hear Ron Desantis talk, the more I want to move to Florida...

My wife and I are on the precipice of making a decision soon.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

I am also high risk because of a random blood thing, but I refuse to wear a mask outside, I am not afraid of this. I even talk to people indoors for a time without a mask because it's my life and it's more comfortable. Plus the people in question, generally repair guys, didn't care either. It was a body language thing I guess.

Those that want to trade security for liberty deserve neither.

My significant other and I made the choice long ago, we live like human beings and face the consequences. If that means an early death, so be it.
Better to live your life than to cower in fear and remove your identity your face and your dreams from your life.

Crazy high BP we've been over a bazillion times on here before, and a family history of heart health issues and asthma. None of us are OK with forcing strangers to be our mental nursemaids, more or less. That's controlling, suffocating & imposing, and in just my own opinion, VERY morally & ethically wrong to outright expect without offers being made first. Some things can be written off as unspoken expectation, but this one conflicts big time with moral code -- asking others to suffer, even just a touch, so you or I don't have to, that's some psychopathic crap right there. Yeesh. Edit: I'm speaking of the trail of destroyed businesses and bankrupted owners this past year that would otherwise still be operating normally if we hadn't #ed them over to feel pseudo-safe. That was a cruel demand made of honest small businesses for far too long. Just so we're patently clear on what I implied.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
All the elderly in Texas are completely free to wear masks everywhere if they are worried about COVID or think they are in a high risk category. They are also free to stay home still.

Healthy people should never have been quarantined.

Indeed. Anybody who wants to can wear a mask anytime they want to.

I ask only that those people do not go whining to their legislators to mandate such behavior. Such mandates have no legal foundation in this country. This is a virus just like the flu.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I am not sure I am understanding your tense or your POV in what you wrote. Could you rephrase please?

Thanks

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Come on Kemp if he does the same now we might be able to get businesses going again before the summer

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 03:38 PM
link   
good man

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
I am not sure I am understanding your tense or your POV in what you wrote. Could you rephrase please?

Thanks

< scratches head >

You're going to have to quote what is muddled to you, I'm not sure what you're referring to here. I did edit to clarify the end of the post was referring to business destruction in the wake of mollycoddling, and my opinion on that route taken and peddled as acceptable. Is that what you were referring to?

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Get your jabs and wear your masks. THAT is all you're entitled to. Make use of them.

You forgot the part where I complain about it on social media. I'm entitled to that as well (within the parameters of the user agreement, very important detail).
edit on 2-3-2021 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   

You forgot the part where I complain about it on social media. I'm entitled to that as well.

Knock yourself out
Just don't screw up and get mouthy at people in public, nobody wants to put up with that #.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Woo hoo end of the dictatorship and the oppression, this America the land of the free, you do not like covid then wear 15 masks put yourself in a plastic bubble, hide in your house and be happy, happy for the rest of your life.

The rest of us wants life at it should be, free of tyranny.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
... put yourself in a plastic bubble, hide in your house and be happy, happy for the rest of your life.

The rest of us wants life at it should be, free of tyranny.

But only if we can play soccer with it, right?

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I get it all now minus ' asking others to suffer, even just a touch, so you or I don't have to, that's some psychopathic crap right there'
Who are the ones doing the suffering?
Is the you or I after that, people like you and me? or people that are in charge?
Less pronouns

No, I never ...ok i did teach English in Korea. lol

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   

for play I wear anything you want,
I was soo happy when I read the news, but some businesses will want to keep perpetuating the oppression agenda. I will boycott any business that forces mask on people

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join