It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New technology uses human body for broadband networking

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Take a look at the official site, it says that data transmission can also occur though clothes and even through a shoe which i find pretty worrying with BB and all that.

REDTACTON SITE

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Interesting technology. I would assume that you would need to flip on some type of switch in your RedTacton in order to receive information.

If you want to test the product out, check out:
www.redtacton.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
it sounds really great, maybe you wont even need a phone in the future and you can just talk to everyone you want

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I, Robot. Coming soon. Step by step, we're moving in that direction it seems. It won't be long before we become Cyborgs. Souljah had a very good point about viruses, etc. It truly is a double-edged sword.

I don't mean to be the voice of doom here, but there really is another side to this coin. Don't get me wrong, I love bleeding edge technology. Exotic gadgets really fascinate me, and I think personal area networking has all kinds of potential. When you think about it, the possibilities are mind boggling. Science fiction is quickly becoming today's reality. I just hope we, as human beings, are able to keep pace with our rapidly advancing technology. There are sinister forces at work out there, quite eager to exploit these technologies in profound ways. For all the good things they bring to our lives, they also open the door for bad things, as well.

Technology seduces us, and there's no turning back now. The snowball is rolling down the mountain, and it's building more momentum every second of every day. After all, who would ever dare to say, "We must put a halt to research & development until such time as we are able to intelligently control it's application"? No one I know of, including me.

Like I said, I think personal area networking is gas. It could lead to all sorts of neat and useful applications. I just hope I never fall the victum of a doom's day virus by using it.

PS: I doubt the above scenario would stop me from using the technology. It's just a thought ...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join