It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

clinical trials that are peer reviewed that prove masks work?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

originally posted by: bastion
The Lancet study and meta-analysis of 216 trials

Never forget. The NEJM (New England Journal of Medicine) did the same thing, as did the organization known as VA (Veteran Affairs):

The NEJM and their lying marketing activities are alluded to by Dr. Raoult in the video I shared in my previous comment in this thread.

The multitudes of videos from the same people just talking into a camera without any backup from the medical community. I don't know why people continue to believe someone just talking to a camera.

Masks work if done properly. Most people don't do masks properly.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
Now wait and see if the true idiots get it.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: flice

Spreading particles. When you sneeze or cough you have an instinct to tilt your head down, directing any liquid or particles towards the ground. With a mask some of that liquid or particles are directed upward past the eyes and into the air. A mask also acts as a diffuser. It can break up large droplets, that would ordinarily fall to the ground, into smaller droplets that can stay in the air longer.

When the original mask mandate started to come out, many experts said that they would do little to stop the infection. That their main use would be in reducing panic in some people. Funny how fast those experts were silenced. Doctor Cyril Wecht stated that the protocols being mandated by the State of Pennsylvania were of little or no use. We don't hear from Dr. Wecht anymore either.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 09:44 AM
link   

So that's the reason not to wear the #ty cloth masks that so many people do.
It needs to be cross woven and 3 layers.

What you mention about particles being blown upwards is an idea, but what happens is that the particles are trapped in the mask layer before the air blows out.

Otherwise surgery would cause a lot more infections than it does.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I've seen that video. Bullsh*t. I do heat and flow 3D modeling for a living. If you notice the unmasked face moves while the rest remain still. I tried to contact the people who made that video, they didn't respond. That was made using animation software there's no Physics involved.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skooter_NB

Never forget. The NEJM (New England Journal of Medicine) did the same thing, as did the organization known as VA (Veteran Affairs):

The NEJM and their lying marketing activities are alluded to by Dr. Raoult in the video I shared in my previous comment in this thread.

Conclusion
Cloth face masks in the general population might be effective, at least in some circumstances, but there is currently little to no evidence supporting this proposition. If the coronavirus is indeed transmitted via indoor aerosols, cloth masks are unlikely to be protective. Health authorities should therefore not assume or suggest that cloth face masks will reduce the rate or risk of infection.

Swiss Policy Research

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Conclusion
Cloth face masks in the general population might be effective, at least in some circumstances, but there is currently little to no evidence supporting this proposition. If the coronavirus is indeed transmitted via indoor aerosols, cloth masks are unlikely to be protective. Health authorities should therefore not assume or suggest that cloth face masks will reduce the rate or risk of infection.

Swiss Policy Research

To clarify, medical grade mask, not fashion statement masks.
edit on 2-3-2021 by Skooter_NB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

I've seen that video. Bullsh*t. I do heat and flow 3D modeling for a living. If you notice the unmasked face moves while the rest remain still. I tried to contact the people who made that video, they didn't respond. That was made using animation software there's no Physics involved.

Go a good way into the video for test...

Danish Technological Institute carries out high quality scientific testing. This is their report on various masks
www.teknologisk.dk...

Quick translation:
Mindre end = less than
Større end = larger than
Åndedræts- værn = Mouth guard, like the ones you get at a hardware store.
Stofmasker = Cloth masks
Stof, 3 lag, polyester og bomuld = Cloth, 3 layers, polyester and cotton

Interestingly enough, it shows that the 3-layered cotton mask was the worst for fine particles and 2nd worst for large particles.

CE marked masks performed best and interestingly the FFP masks were as good and sometimes better than the surgical masks. However they cost a fortune over here...

Most people over here buy the over the counter blue surgical masks. A few here and there use the cloth masks... funnily enough the people you'd expect to do so; The "I do what I want" people, who still follow the rules, and the "Oh I can't stomach looking ugly when I go outside" types of people (mostly late teens early 20s and blond).
edit on 2/3/21 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Conclusion

Swiss Policy Research

Exactly....... If you buy those "at least I look ok" masks, most of them are crap. But that's behavioural psychology for you. If you don't know the difference and scientific reason for choosing one over the other, you will choose the one that looks best. People are people.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Sigh...it doesn't matter what you or I believe masks can do. The govt has the ability to demand mask usage and they will do so at their discretion. I was listening to a Bball spring training game being played in Florida, and the announcers were laughing at a guy who got tossed for not wearing his mask in the outdoor stands. The guy was physically grabbed and carried out.
We have given the govt free reign on this.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: Brassmonkey
That there NO Clinical trials that are peer reviewed that prove that masks are effective in spreading specifically the
Coronavirus that causes COVID-19.

How would a mask help the spread of a disease like Covid-19?

Masks do prevent the spread of disease, both spreading and getting. This is because they act as a barrier. There are scientific studies around the use of PPE. It's why people in operating theatres wear masks, aprons and gloves - to prevent contamination. I am sure all the Covid Naysayers would object to their surgeon just getting stuck in without a mask on!

It could help spread, the way people touch their mask, take them on/off throughout the day, dispose of them on the ground. Surgeons don't wear surgical masks to prevent the spread of disease lol, if your surgeon has COVID and does a 1 hour operation on you that surgical mask won't matter much. If its not a fitted mask its not going to stop much.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tekner

originally posted by: paraphi

That there NO Clinical trials that are peer reviewed that prove that masks are effective in spreading specifically the
Coronavirus that causes COVID-19.

How would a mask help the spread of a disease like Covid-19?

Masks do prevent the spread of disease, both spreading and getting. This is because they act as a barrier. There are scientific studies around the use of PPE. It's why people in operating theatres wear masks, aprons and gloves - to prevent contamination. I am sure all the Covid Naysayers would object to their surgeon just getting stuck in without a mask on!

It could help spread, the way people touch their mask, take them on/off throughout the day, dispose of them on the ground. Surgeons don't wear surgical masks to prevent the spread of disease lol, if your surgeon has COVID and does a 1 hour operation on you that surgical mask won't matter much. If its not a fitted mask its not going to stop much.

This all comes down to user. I wouldn't get in my car to go across a lake. I wouldn't put on a snorkel to go scuba diving. People need to be smart and responsible, and use the tools that are the right tools for the job.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Conclusion

Swiss Policy Research

Yeah, but who if anybody is wearing those?

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
All you need to know about masks:
If you can smell your own fart while wearing a mask...your mask is doing nothing to protect you from the China Virus.

Do you know what is interesting is my own farts actually stink to me when I wear a mask, and I can smell pot like a mile away with a mask on.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: flice

So that's the reason not to wear the #ty cloth masks that so many people do.
It needs to be cross woven and 3 layers.

What you mention about particles being blown upwards is an idea, but what happens is that the particles are trapped in the mask layer before the air blows out.

Otherwise surgery would cause a lot more infections than it does.

Here lies the problems...

The vast majority do not wear surgical masks

The vast majority have not been trained in PPE like people in the medical field are

The vast majority touch their face like 100x wearing a mask to not wearing a mask

When you add these up I would say that with the vast majority you break even in protection or the mask is maybe actually worst.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Brassmonkey

Apparently there are no peer-reviewed trials that show that shooting yourself in the head is unsafe, either.

Conspiracy????

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Thank you for everyone’s replies! They were educational, insightful, and Really funny. So I take that the consensus that there is Science that proves that a mask does help prevent the spread of the RONA somewhat.

However, if masks are so great as our corporate and government overlords say then why did infection rates for
Covid-19 skyrocket after the mask mandates in the majority of states and countries around the world?
Like take Florida for example they have been wide open this whole time yet have had lower infection rates then other states with comparable populations?

Here......these charts fail to show any correlation between mask mandates (which presumably increase the wearing of masks) and reductions in COVID-19 infections. If you look at all of the available charts over at Rational Ground, you’ll see there are some instances of infection rates declining after a mask mandate was imposed, but those mandates were put in place after infection rates were already on the decline.

Link to charts:
rationalground.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Thank you for everyone’s replies! They were educational, insightful, and Really funny. So I take that the consensus that there is Science that proves that a mask does help prevent the spread of the RONA somewhat.

However, if masks are so great as our corporate and government overlords say then why did infection rates for
Covid-19 skyrocket after the mask mandates were implemented in the majority of states and countries around the world?

Like take Florida for example they have been wide open this whole time yet have had lower infection rates then other states with comparable populations?

Here......these charts fail to show any correlation between mask mandates (which presumably increase the wearing of masks) and reductions in COVID-19 infections. If you look at all of the available charts over at Rational Ground, you’ll see there are some instances of infection rates declining after a mask mandate was imposed, but those mandates were put in place after infection rates were already on the decline.

Link to charts:
rationalground.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

What a gem. "The science around the use of masks by the public to impede COVID-19 transmission is advancing rapidly. In this narrative review, we develop an analytical framework to examine mask usage, synthesizing the relevant literature to inform multiple areas: population impact, transmission characteristics, source control, wearer protection, sociological considerations, and implementation considerations."

This is what can be described as a clusterf**k of BULLS**T.

The very first sentence, suggests, that the "science" around getting a virus that is 60-120 nanometers in size, to NOT GO THROUGH physical media that might as well be a chain link fence, is "...advancing rapidly".

That's horse crap, and this report is horsecrap.

BTW, it is NOT a study... it's a review of existing information, and it starts with an anti-scientific torture of the English language.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join