It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just sharing - hoping for prayer, positive thoughts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Hello! I usually lurk and will comment on the Religion/Spirituality threads as that's my passion. So many of you don't know me, but I know what an amazing place ATS is, I've been a member longer than this current account - but have always lurked and other names over the years.

My to-turn 21 year old daughter, who has high functioning autism (think: Asperger's) has been diagnosed with a malignant Giant Cell Tumor of the Bone. Malignant. This is someone that I have been taking to the children's hospital for her bloodwork as they are gentle there and will use the butterly needle but it is now closed due to covid precautions. She has to date had a fine needle biopsy, 2 CT scans with contrast (think catheter left in vein while they do the scan), a core needle biopsy, an MRI and a nuclear PET test. She doesn't do people/smells/busyness/sounds. She has panic attacks at the sight of a needle and when she has to have these tests she scratches her arms and hands and chest raw (part of stimming). This child has struggled all her life with school, not fitting in, has a 1% memory retention ability and has never kissed a boy, never been drunk, never been on a campout, never left home without me at her side. She just had progressed (with therapy) to being able to talk to cashiers one on one.

The tumor is growing on the end of her hyoid bone which controls speech, breathing, swallowing, head control, etc.

They want to do surgery, but she is adament she will not do sedatives/anesthesia. She understands fully what is going on and is not in denial or not able to comprehend her circumstances/future. The family pressure is unreal to make her do what needs to be done. They simply don't get it, and don't try to understand the autism aspect of things that control her. We are working on her. I have a prayer group assembling (I don't know these people, but they are kind enough to do this for her) this Thursday and they will pray for her.

I am a huge person of faith - I put all my trust in Jesus for everything and will admit that as hard as this has been to watch her dreams potentially be destroyed and not see any action from my prayers, I still am holding onto my faith.

We received a call last week saying my Dad has pancreatic cancer and biliary duct junction cancer. He has approx 3.5 months to live. He is currently stuck in a hospital in a large city undergoing a huge covid outbreak waiting to be transferred back to his small town in B.C.

My husband had a stroke in the pon area of his brain three months ago. He is doing fine, but is more emotional (cries at the drop of a hat). He is going through various tests right now to see where he's at.

I have severe depression which is currently stable. However, I have felt more and more like just turning off, which I cannot afford to to. I am the only one holding this family together.

Our family is in a crisis. I just wanted to share and ask for prayers, positive thoughts. Thanks for listening. I just wanted to put that out there. I have had some people come forward to offer prayers and be there for us, but so many have simply responded with, "I'm so sorry", and then I don't hear from them. I don't understand people sometimes. I feel very alone some days. Thanks for listening
You guys are the best.
edit on 1-3-2021 by hiddeninsite because: typo

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 06:40 PM
link   
My prayers are with you.

It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.
Deuteronomy 31:8

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I said a prayer, but from experience my prayers do not have much pull but they sure don't hurt anything. I sure hope things turn around for you guys. So many problems for one family at one time. I hope the operation goes well and wish for her autism to improve.

Keep your faith, it sure helps to cope with problems. I strongly believe there is a supreme consciousness which people refer to as god.

Keep the positive thoughts, negative thoughts never do any good for anyone.

And I sure do not blame her for not liking needles, I would bet they have been using them on her a lot over the years. I dread having blood drawn and getting shots.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: hiddeninsite

Wishing Peace and health return to your family.

You are the world's best expert in your daughter, and you know what she needs.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I'll dedicate my prayer to her and will keep all your family in my heart.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I’m so sorry you are going through this.

I have and will continue to pray for you all.

I get the alone feeling. People tend to flee in true times of need. It unfortunately happens. I pray especially for you to have strength to endure, and be surrounded by love and protection and miracles.

Prayer has gotten me through some terrible times.

God Bless you and your family.

Also, please take care of yourself too!

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Thank you ColeYounger - I love this verse. You are a comfort to me.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Thank you Rickymouse - all my sentiments exactly. You are so kind. Thank you!

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Thank you Nothin - funny how another person's comment can bolster another's confidence (yours to mine). So appreciated.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Bless you Trueman - thank you and I am praying for you right now as well. Covid is defeated. In Jesus' name, amen.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

KTemplar - you sweet dear. Thank you! That means so much. I have experienced God's miracles in my life so many times before and I keep waiting for this one to occur... and silence. But, I know He often does things at the very last minute, so I'm keeping the faith fire burning! I pray for you too dear. Thank you!

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 09:21 PM
link   
God bless you, HI. You know He will bless you, but we also know this is sometimes in mysterious ways. I am amazed at your obvious strength and will have y'all in my prayers and on repeat!

My family has a genetic disorder on my mother's side. A crippling disease that made the medical journals and turns out to be basically a variant of ALS. My brother, sister, mother & my niece all succumbed. My father & I did the caregiving until the last little bit when they have to be under medical care or hospice.

The ONLY reason I mention that is because God DID bless us in so many ways during those hard, hard days. There will be precious moments & tender mercies amidst the storm clouds.

Hey, it's not much but we're always here to listen. BIG hug.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 10:31 PM
link   

So many burdens for one set of shoulders. My heart and prayers are with you all. When you begin to doubt yourself, just remember that the good Lord never gives us more than He and you can handle together... so He must think you're one helluva bad ass. He put you in this position because you're the best person for this job. I don't know why. You may not know why. But He knows.

And may I suggest, if you ever need someone to talk to and to pray with -- even in the wee hours -- you can call Silent Unity, and speak with someone 24/7:

Remember, you can always call Silent Unity for personal and confidential prayer help: 1-816-969-2000
(International: 01-816-969-2000). Our prayer ministers are available 24 hours a day to pray with you.

I'm so sorry you have to go through this, but so glad you knew you could come to your ATS family. We're a motley crew, but we come together when it's important.

Good luck, God bless, and prayers up!

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Dear Gut - aren't you just a doll! I am so sorry for your family's trials and suffering. I can't even imagine what you have been through. And, the strength and love you have inside of you, you and your father, that is simply tremendous. Thank you for caring for them. You are an inspiration - truly!

I believe in what you say: there are always blessings amidst the hardships, I can always see God's hand in the puzzle pieces he has assembled through my trials to date. It would be foolhardy to think he's not actively placing pieces right now. Thank you for sharing. I value that. Huge hugs back!
edit on 1-3-2021 by hiddeninsite because: typo

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Dear Boedicea - what a lovely write up, thank you for taking the time and for all you wrote. You made me laugh and tear up. Everyone here is SO amazing. THANK YOU for the Silent Unity link (I have made note of it and will check it out in the morning). YOU have uplifted me so much. Thank you! ... Kicks the chair out from under Trouble's feet! Ha, ha!

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddeninsite
a reply to: Boadicea

Dear Boedicea - what a lovely write up, thank you for taking the time and for all you wrote. You made me laugh and tear up. Everyone here is SO amazing. THANK YOU for the Silent Unity link (I have made note of it and will check it out in the morning). YOU have uplifted me so much. Thank you!

You're very welcome... I'm glad it helped a little.

... Kicks the chair out from under Trouble's feet! Ha, ha!

There it is!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 12:53 AM
link   

If you exist in your life situation your brain will certainly want to shutdown to protect its own survival. So its important that you keep your attention focused in the NOW instead of existing in those fears of tomorrow, So every now and then, ask yourself where you exist. If you exist in those fears, breath in slowly and bring your attention back into the NOW. Be present on everything you doing.

We all need to face the reality that everything on this earth is temporary. That every soul experiencing life does so for a purpose that is required for spiritual growth. We can only comfort those on thier journey with the love from our heart.

I have found great comfort in Invictus...

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.

I will pray for you and family.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: hiddeninsite
a reply to: Trueman

Bless you Trueman - thank you and I am praying for you right now as well. Covid is defeated. In Jesus' name, amen.

Amen !

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 07:17 AM
link   

It is not that you will be blessed.......you are blessed.......the holy spirit radiates from you quite strongly.

The problem you have is that this world is no place for the blessed and the devil wants his lost soul back being yours that he lost to jesus.....he (devil) as you can see is trying every dirty filthy trick in the book to get you to give up on jesus.

Fortunately you are a old soul and as such have the inner strength to both absorb the temptations and reach out for help from dare i say people like me to reassure you that despite the pain of the repeated loved ones misfortunes you must prevail not for you persay but so that their sacrifice was not in vain.....

These repeated tests are testimonials to the fact of how important a soul you are to heaven.....you are being tempted back to the darkside by the most extreme temptations there are.......as hard as it must be please remember that your success in the end will be your loved ones success so keep the faith.

May god have mercy on all your souls.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 08:51 AM
link   
prayers

please keep us posted

top topics

<<   2 >>

join