It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Things Canadians Don't Know About Americans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 09:29 PM
link   
So i've seen a bunch of comedians do bits about the ignorance of Americans towards Canada, this is the first time i've heard someone do it the other way around.

So here, Gavin McInnes a Canadian who relocated to America lists the 10 things Canadians don't Know about America.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Although I've never seen the Godfather, but I will own the Die Hard one.

Also ... tip on the portion size. Figure out what reheats well, and just assume you're buying at least two meals.
edit on 28-2-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Gavin McInnes is great! I seen him do a bit where he talks about foods and eating in other countries, it's hilarious! I'll post it below.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Also ... tip on the portion size. Figure out what reheats well, and just assume you're buying at least two meals.

Or do like I do and just lift weights and jog and eat all the food you want with no worries.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Or do like I do and just lift weights and jog and eat all the food you want with no worries.

You are going to have a REAL rude awakening when you hit 50...

As for the OP.... excellent!

As someone raised in Canada and living in America, I heartily agree with this guy.

And now I understand why I know like 4 actor's names.

edit on 28-2-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Hahaha thanks for the warning!

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Hahaha thanks for the warning!

Just get there and you will see what I mean!!!

Seriously, your metabolism slows when you age.

I used to eat everything under the sun in my 30's and couldn't put a pound on me.

Now in my mid 50's I run, I exercise, I am REALLY active.

But I can look at a box of cookies and gain 2 pounds overnight.

I will stop derailing the thread now...

edit on 28-2-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 12:13 AM
link   

All i know about america is...in canada we had a 1 arby's sandwich for $5 deal...in america...it was 5 arby's sandwhiches for $1...

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

You are going to have a REAL rude awakening when you hit 50...

As for the OP.... excellent!

As someone raised in Canada and living in America, I heartily agree with this guy.

And now I understand why I know like 4 actor's names.

Aw, you ruined the surprise. Don't tell him he's going to wake up one day with a hangover and didn't drink the night before.

This guy isn't as funny as other Canadian comedians which is #3 on the list of things about Canadians that Americans don't know

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 04:13 AM
link   

First off, I love Canada! Beautiful country and great people. That said, some observations...

My wife is one of the folks who watches the Godfather every single time it's on. "Forget the gun, gimme' the canoli"

Some of the other ones were fun, but some were off too. For example, ever since I was a kid I knew what a "soaker" was.

He was right about the French though, but from my perspective this is a two-way street, because the French don't like Americans very much either and can be pretty surly towards Americans in France. Takes two to Tango.

Portion size? Meh, depends on where you go I guess. I've been to quite a few places in Canada where the portion sizes were MAMMOTH, particularly in the NW area of Canada. I actually felt this one was the other way around, Canadian portions were larger.

All in all, a pretty funny video.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
My wife is one of the folks who watches the Godfather every single time it's on. "Forget the gun, gimme' the canoli"

Recite that line verbatim to her and give us the reaction.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 06:07 AM
link   

First off, I love Canada! Beautiful country and great people. That said, some observations...

Some of the other ones were fun, but some were off too. For example, ever since I was a kid I knew what a "soaker" was.

He was right about the French though, but from my perspective this is a two-way street, because the French don't like Americans very much either and can be pretty surly towards Americans in France. Takes two to Tango.

Portion size? Meh, depends on where you go I guess. I've been to quite a few places in Canada where the portion sizes were MAMMOTH, particularly in the NW area of Canada. I actually felt this one was the other way around, Canadian portions were larger.

The UK probs has a higher puddle ratio to America, and I've never heard of a soaker.

In fact I had one the other day and called it a wet foot lol

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Her response:

It's..."Leave the gun, take the cannoli"

I was close. Not nearly the expert she is.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

LOL. FCD does The Godfather:

"Keep your friend's clothes and you're enemy is a clothes whore."

"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't pass up."

"Luca Brasi sleeps with seafood."

"There's a bathroom on the right."

(The last one was Credence, but what the hell)

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Well I live in the UK and I can tell you honestly that there is more stupid people than clever people. And I have been to France many many times and they hate the English with a vengeance.
I think the British see America (those that haven't been) as what's shown on the TV in films and TV series. I worked with a guy who went to America every year and he used to say it's like the TV (or worse) in the cities but outside the cities the people are a different breed, helpful and polite.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   

It was 3:13am in the morning for cripes sakes!

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   

The bathroom. It's on the right.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I'm a Yooper, before classifying all people like that, the guy should go visit the Upper Peninsula. He would probably believe he is in Canada.... Although, I have been in Canada and the people are not as friendly as they are in the Copper Country in most places. When someone says thank you, I usually say either no problem or anytime.

I never watched the godfather, it looked kind of stupid. And as far as knowing the names of movie stars, I only know a few and don't pay attention to the names of movies.
edit on 1-3-2021 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I'm a Yooper, before classifying all people like that, the guy should go visit the Upper Peninsula. He would probably believe he is in Canada....

Canadians don't eat pasties.

edit on 1-3-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   

And here, all my life I thought the French just did not like Yoopers. I thought Maybe it was because we talk too bloody much. My wife is maybe ten percent English and she tries to imply to people that she is English. She is mostly swede and finn just like the rest of us around here are.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join