It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battlefield America

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Despite America’s reputation As a strong and independent country defended by a mighty military and powerful allies, how well do you suppose we would hold up if the battlefield were right here in America?
On one hand, our various sectors of military have troops on the ground in over 90% of countries in the world - so if we were ambushed or blitzed with a surprise attack (God forbid), A large portion if not the majority of our military will not even be present or immediately available to respond.

Yes, we have a handful of civilian militias which would undoubtedly aid our military with defense, but I suspect that invading armies could cover a lot of ground while thousands of troops scramble to get back to the States.

Furthermore, the citizenry of the US has become very soft and complacent throughout the last few generations of Providence and material luxury. people in my generation were almost raised to believe that America was protected by some invisible shield of patriotism - and we have never had to seriously consider what it would be like to have to take the long way to work because the regular route has become a minefield. Just based on the footage I see of war torn countries throughout the world, I sense that the American culture is not prepared to transition into that type of hardship. The pioneering spirit of the American revolution is long gone and I suspect that we have become a much easier target than we have been led to believe.

Am I wrong?

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I'd think so but want to see what those with more knowledge on the subject say

Any land invasion is gonna have to deal with the Air Force #1, and number 2 they have been fighting since "91" off the top of my head it would take a nuclear attack and we all would be screwed then regardless.

(post by djz3ro removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: HarveyHammerhead

How would that invading army get here? Any air or sea assault would be dead in the water (pun intended). First, they would have to take out our satellite network, that would immediately put the US military on guard. Then they would have to get air superiority over our coastlines, I don't think anyone in the world could do that right now or anytime in the near future.

The US would certainly notice any buildup of foreign troops in Canada or Mexico.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Well...the left coast and the other left coast could be taken by the UK and the Philippines respectively with nothing more exotic than wrist rockets (sling shots, catapults) and rolled up newspapers due to anti-gun legislation.

The military would be too busy with humanitarian efforts in flyover country because they will carpet bomb the bejezus out of us if they are smart because we have both superior numbers and guns.

Now, if want a civil war prior to external invasion...both coasts are toast if you have the military or not. Flyover will cut off your food supply and watch you collapse from lack of infrastructure and mass cannibalism. LA would be sacked in three days without water never having need to have fired a shot.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 05:27 PM
link   

how well do you suppose we would hold up if the battlefield were right here in America?

Who's invading ?
Mexico ?
Canada ?
For any other , there would be one helluva logistics problem
Damn near impossible.

And we may have done a little bit of fightin' amongst ourselves
But you outside people best leave us alone
'Cause we'll all stick together
And you can take that to the bank
That's the cowboys and the hippies
And the Rebels and and the Yanks
You just go and lay your hand
On a Pittsburgh Steelers' fan
And I think you're gonna finally understand

CDB "In America"
edit on 2/28/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/28/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
I'd think so but want to see what those with more knowledge on the subject say

Any land invasion is gonna have to deal with the Air Force #1, and number 2 they have been fighting since "91" off the top of my head it would take a nuclear attack and we all would be screwed then regardless.
True

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Or we just All kill eachother Off via civil war

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Good points

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

How would that invading army get here? Any air or sea assault would be dead in the water (pun intended). First, they would have to take out our satellite network, that would immediately put the US military on guard. Then they would have to get air superiority over our coastlines, I don't think anyone in the world could do that right now or anytime in the near future.

The US would certainly notice any buildup of foreign troops in Canada or Mexico.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: HarveyHammerhead

On one hand, our various sectors of military have troops on the ground in over 90% of countries in the world

That's↑ why it won't happen. We're already prepared to immediately retaliate. They might wound us, but in return, they would get crushed.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Despite America’s reputation As a strong and independent country defended by a mighty military and powerful allies, how well do you suppose we would hold up if the battlefield were right here in America?
On one hand, our various sectors of military have troops on the ground in over 90% of countries in the world - so if we were ambushed or blitzed with a surprise attack (God forbid), A large portion if not the majority of our military will not even be present or immediately available to respond.

Yes, we have a handful of civilian militias which would undoubtedly aid our military with defense, but I suspect that invading armies could cover a lot of ground while thousands of troops scramble to get back to the States.

Furthermore, the citizenry of the US has become very soft and complacent throughout the last few generations of Providence and material luxury. people in my generation were almost raised to believe that America was protected by some invisible shield of patriotism - and we have never had to seriously consider what it would be like to have to take the long way to work because the regular route has become a minefield. Just based on the footage I see of war torn countries throughout the world, I sense that the American culture is not prepared to transition into that type of hardship. The pioneering spirit of the American revolution is long gone and I suspect that we have become a much easier target than we have been led to believe.

Am I wrong?

44% of Americans own at least 1 gun.
Guerrilla warfare in the US cities and country side would be a problem for the invaders.

Not impossible but very costly to the invader and when the main groups of the US military show up in the ports and on the beaches, it would be over fo the invaders. No single country including China has what it takes at this point to take and hold the US.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Logistics alone make this incredibly unlikely. Most U.S. ports are also very close to military bases. For the time being the U.S. is at best impractical to invade.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Someone needs to watch “The Rocketeer”. While it would take a little longer to stop an all out invasion, most would decide really quickly which side they are on.

That was a shame what happened near the end, it was a nice car.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 08:23 PM
link   

No country on the planet anymore has the logistical capability to hold more than certain areas of a country this big.

add in to that once you are out of the city and in the country everybody has a gun or two or 10, tens of thousands of rounds... well ask the british how well passing through the countryside worked.

Add in multiple mountain ranges that could be used to block movement and well it would be anightmare.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Or we just All kill eachother Off via civil war

That's unlikely as well, first of all, it's would take the two fringe extremes to get really pissed and really organized, and even then it would be stopped by the police the feds, and eventually the military. Not to mention the overwhelming majority of the population would want to slap down both sides for even starting it.
edit on 28-2-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Russia & China invade the US

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Depends on where they attack. I'd assume it would be in cities where people are barely allowed to carry a pocket knife and most of the residents couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper sack.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 11:54 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Nah, the divide started when democrats and their media started pushing racism. Then homophobia. Then misogyny. Then all brown people are evil. Then xenophobia. Then transphobia. And now their "stop being so white" message. Shame you can't think critically enough to see who is driving the divide, or admit it.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Yes. You are wrong. Now, the US military does have a lot of bases (too damn many bases) throughout the world; the are strategic, and allow for a quick response to a conflict or humanitarian crisis, no matter where it may be. That being said, there’s no more than 20% of any branch’s total force deployed at any given time, unless in time of a declared war where that gets bumped up to about 30%. Now consider this, the Army itself, has more than 400,000 soldiers. Let’s keep it simple and take 20% of 400,000; that is roughly 80,000 soldiers deployed, while the remaining 320,000 are in CONUS training everyday. And that’s just the Army.

There are many people who speculate the US could be invaded by either coast or more especially, the northern and southern borders. This is absolutely ridiculous, at least to anyone who has been in the military and studied the maps of this country. It’s borders are literally guarded in its entirety, by a defense shield of a variety of misleading types, and throughout the body, we find the same thing; very specific and strategically placed sites for our nations defense, should someone be dumb enough to attack it.

The only way to take America down, is from the inside, which has been happening slowly since the mid to late fifties.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join