It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Sons' First Christian Hip Hop / Christian Rap Single

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   
This is my two sons' first single/video.

They are 22 (vocalist) and 19.

In July, we almost lost our oldest to "rap" and an unhealthy lifestyle. It was tough. Then, he had a crisis of faith and turned (back) to his spirituality and God.

They are about to release their first Christian Hip Hop (CHH) / Rap album (10 songs) and this is their first single, quickly (by me and my son) put to video.

I know I am biased but it really strikes me that this has a great message for kids/teens who are struggling right now. I feel like the message is very positive and uplifting for youth, whereas much rap and music in general, IS NOT. lol.

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: nicevillegrl

I like the beat. I always enjoy piano in hip hop for some reason. He's got a good flow but i gotta ask...why???

Why the autotune??

It's way too overused. The robot voice thing is just so grating.

I'd rather listen to a human's voice, flaws and all, than another emotionless replaceable robot voice.

I dunno, there's other ways to do it that sound better. Record the same vocal section a few times at slightly different keys and layer them to give it that richer detuned sound. Run the vocals through some aux sends with slightly detuned pitch shifters and throw some automation on the faders...i dunno anything but the autotune...
edit on 27/2/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I don't like that type of music but I am so happy for you all and thank God! It sounds good from someone who really has no clue to rap, but music gives messages to the brain and God loves us to sing to him the bible says the angles sing all of the time too!

I was thinking how a person (me) can go through most of their life and not know or see so many things that are right there.
like the song In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" (derived from "In the Garden of Eden") I have heard so many songs and never really HEARD what they are telling us! We make choices we like something and don't care what evil it provokes or comes from, we need to think more.

In a gadda da vida, honey
Don't you know that I'm lovin' you
In a gadda da vida, baby
Don't you know that I'll always be true
Oh, won't you come with me
And take my hand
Oh, won't you come with me
And walk this land
Please take my hand

So he is saying he is Satan and leading Eve from the garden. I have found the similar thing in most of the old songs in one way or another.

OR
Filled With Fear
Iron Butterfly
Know that the end of my mind is so near,
My mind is just churning and burning with fear.
Why did I in-a-vite it here?
God, why did I in-a-vite it here?
Why did I in-a-vite it here?
God, why did I in-a-vite it here?

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Well done!!
I love it!!!

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Not bad! And quite relevant for these times 👍🏼

I have to agree about the autotune, it's overused. To me (been listening to rap/hip hop nearly 40 years) this would be perfect with say only the hook/chorus? having the autotune, the rest with rap/singing, with maybe 16 bars of pure rap (double tracked) no singing or autotune, in the middle or near the end.

BUT I'm not a listener of this specific genre, which means it's personal preference I guess!

Good job, you should be proud, they did good.

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Well Done!

Good stuff there , you have been blessed with talented progeny.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I really dug the tune and beat!
I have to agree about the auto tune -
It is just too overused these days.
But I also have to compliment that Voice!
Truly a mesmerizing sound and flow
Loved the message

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FreeFalling

I have to agree about his voice..
I loathe autotune, but you can tell he doesn't need it at all.. the bits of his real voice that came through AutoZone distortion sounded good.

I would encourage him to record without it, and maybe try doubling up as previously suggested by Dug88.

All in all it was solid writing and solid from start to finish..

Sincerely,
~joe

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Thank you for all the encouraging words AND the feedback.

Funny, I agree regarding autotune as well. I have to admit, I don't understand this kind of music much but I'm just glad he's doing something he loves (the oldest - he is the one we almost lost in July of last year). The youngest has impressed me too with the music/production because he totally trained himself.

Again, thank you all for taking the time to listen and comment! XOXO

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 05:46 AM
link   
It's good and has a good vibe but it's very unoriginal. Every 'rapper' uses that voice change autotune shish.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Not really my kind of music either but it sounds pretty close to the songs you hear on the top 100 Spotify playlist so I think they have a really good chance!

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Tell them, they did really good, quality production and message!

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I realize this wasn't everyone's cup of tea and I understand. But son's full album came out today. In final mastering/production, they did back *some* (but not all) of the autotune out on several of the songs.

In any case, considering what he's been through... super proud of him (and his brother for the initial production) in getting a full album out and publicly available.

New Life on iTunes

new topics

top topics

join