It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man killed by his own Rooster

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Sorry if I came across a bit odd there Gortex, it just kind of got me and I felt sad for these people whom are probably very poor, illiterate and yet Cruel, that part of them has no sympathy from me whatsoever but I tend to fill in the blank's and thought probably has a wife and kid's in a country were if the bread winner dies there is no state aid and God only knows what kind of life they face now especially when half his mates come to there door claiming he owed them money - they probably owed him but that is not how opportunists work of course.

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: gortex

Sorry if I came across a bit odd there Gortex, it just kind of got me and I felt sad for these people whom are probably very poor, illiterate and yet Cruel, that part of them has no sympathy from me whatsoever but I tend to fill in the blank's and thought probably has a wife and kid's in a country were if the bread winner dies there is no state aid and God only knows what kind of life they face now especially when half his mates come to there door claiming he owed them money - they probably owed him but that is not how opportunists work of course.

So , robbing a bank would be ok ?

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Hey banks' are the bigger robbers there, giving to the poor and all of that, if they harm someone during the robbery however.

But while I do not condone criminality there is robbing someone's home and then there is robbing from the prince of thieves.

Now bank's used to be respectable but then the governments of the world bowed to them and bailed them out and today we live in a system that is so artificial and so ready to collapse worse than the 1920's and on a fully global scale that the so called great reset is being contemplated by the financial elite in order to save there own skin's.

That by the way is Robbing EVERYONE except the bank's.

Once again I do not condone thieves and used to work in Security, but there are thieves and there are thieves and there is a world of difference between an elderly granny putting eggs in her trolley and not paying for them which I would handle with 'Oh sorry love you forgot your egg's' and a smack head (heroin addict) that comes in to steal something to sell so he can pay for his fix, the bankers are more like the drug addict than the granny in my book and yes most definitely not all bankers are bad in fact most are decent folk's but on a global scale bank's are organized crime or are so tied into it that they may as well be, no money changers in my Lord's temple.

edit on 27-2-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 09:41 PM
link   
In other news, word has it that underground cockfighting rings have banned all use of velociraptor footage as fluffing footage to get roosters fierce prior to rooster matches.

It's been discovered to be just a wee bit too inspirational.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Because it was an illegal act in which their participation led to the man's death , plus I'm against animal cruelty and arming birds with knives so they can inflict maximum damage is all about animal cruelty.

Send em down.

Do you feel that way when those same cocks kill each other in the wild or on the farm on their own? Should the farmer be put up for charges?

Some animals kill each other by instinct, for rank, for right to breed. Is it inhumane then?

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Do you feel that way when those same cocks kill each other in the wild or on the farm on their own? Should the farmer be put up for charges?

Some animals kill each other by instinct, for rank, for right to breed. Is it inhumane then?

Natural behavior of animals is not the same as penning them in small enclosures arming them with knives then taking bets on which one will win , your argument is without logic.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 04:43 AM
link   
We have enough to worry about in this crazy world.
Now you can't strap a knife to your cock without fear of being stabbed to death. 😂😂

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Natural behavior of animals is not the same as penning them in small enclosures arming them with knives then taking bets on which one will win , your argument is without logic.

I didn't say it was the same. I didn't say anything about penning them in small enclosures, I didn't say anything about arming them with knives. But thanks for putting words in my mouth.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I always wanted a mini Tyrannosaurus Rex, so I can brag about it in a distinct way.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Strangely one literary mention of fighting roosters I recall was from Alex Haley's epic novel Roots: The Saga of an American Family (1976).

My brother told me at the time: "I don't even take a book that size out of the cupboard, and you're gonna read it - you're crazy!"
Yeah, but I did read it.
There have been film adaptions, but South Africa only got TV in 1976 (and I believe Roots was actually banned till the late 1980's, even on video).

Not sure who, but one of Kunta Kinte's descendants ends up taking care of cock-fighting roosters.
This includes urinating on their post-fight wounds as a disinfectant.

I recall reading that in high-school and thinking, if only that rooster could talk:
"First I win the fight for you, and then you pee on me! First chance I get I'm going to peck your eyes out and go Birdemic on your butt, buddy!"

But alas, 30 years after I read this, the poor poultry still aren't free.
So, is it so unusual for them to rebel occasionally, after all humans have done to these sentient creatures?

Well, I don't have a clip for a rooster rebellion, but here's a very cheesed off turkey form the film ThanksKilling:

[It seems to be age restricted (he's a wee bit "fowl-mouthed"), but "Turkie's Best Lines": www.youtube.com...]

P.S. Being slightly tongue-in-cheek here, and giving a topical reference from memory. Of course not saying that "roosters" are even a footnote, let alone the most striking theme in Roots, or that human rights should be comparable to animal rights. Of course some radical vegans actually do view it that way. I think I'm more poking fun at them and their discourse.
edit on 28-2-2021 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   

No, it's not. That's when you film it and it goes on National Geographic or Discover or the Science Channel or Animal Planet and we call it a nature documentary.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
A couple of month's back a Philippine police officer was killed in a similar incident, the police were raiding an illegal cock fight when one of the birds with a razer sharp sickle blade spur gashed his inner thigh and he bled out from the rupture of a major artery there.

and the reason the cops were breaking up an illegal cock fight, is because it went against the covid-19 restrictions. cock fighting is normally completely legal. they even hold what is billed as the biggest championship in the world, the slasher cup at Areneta Arena (the same arena as the "thrilla in Manila" boxing match with Mohammad Ali), in Manila all the time. don't know about the legality of attaching razors to them in normal competition.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

No, it's not. That's when you film it and it goes on National Geographic or Discover or the Science Channel or Animal Planet and we call it a nature documentary.

Right. And could we make bets on it?

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Depending on the documentary, what it's about and the nature of the bet ... possibly.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Depending on the documentary, what it's about and the nature of the bet ... possibly.

Right, this is the point I was trying to make.

I don't agree with modifications of the animals such as attaching a knife to a cock's foot.

However I disagree that it is inhumane to let them fight. We don't force them to fight. They do it on their own instinctively. They are just doing what they already do in nature.

Lions eat wildebeest in nature. What's the difference if we put a hungry lion in a Colosseum type ring with a wildebeest to watch the lion do his thing? We can make bets on how long it will take to kill the wildebeest. Would this be inhumane? I think not. What's the difference if you watch it on TV or if you watch it at the Colosseum?

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 06:31 AM
link   
When I had chickens, I raised them from chicks. When the roosters got big enough to Identify, I butchered most of the them and keep a few for the flock.

When the biggest rooster I had left got big enough, he would attack me when I tended to the flock. He would run at me, jump up (about waist high), flap his wings while he gave me a "left-right-left-right" beating while he tried to jab with his spurs. The spurs got about 3 inches long, were hard, but rather blunt and hurt but never harmed me, even when I blocked with my hands.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Dang it, came here to post something about "snuffing the rooster", but you beat me to the punch!

Brilliant song!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join