It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing Rolls Out First F-15K for Republic of Korea Air Force

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Boeing has rolled out the first of 40 F-15K's. The plane is an advanced model of the USAF F-15E. It will no doubt give the South yet another advantage over the North. However, 40 is a small number and if they are set to use it in the air defence role, its strike capability will be navalible. Interesting to note that this version has Maritime strike built in from the get go.

An advanced derivative of the U.S. Air Force F-15E, the F-15K is the world’s most capable long-range, multi-role fighter. It can perform air-to-ground, air-to-air, and air-to-sea missions during day or night, in virtually any weather. It can carry more than 23,000 pounds of payload, reach Mach 2.3, and incorporates the latest military technologies. These include the APG-63(V)1 radar, a Joint Helmet-Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS), infrared search and track, third-generation navigation and targeting systems, and weapons-control systems supporting advanced weapons such as the Joint Direct Attack Munition (JDAM), Harpoon Block II, Standoff Land Attack Missile-Expanded Response (SLAM-ER), Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missile (AMRAAM) and AIM-9X Sidewinder missile.
www.boeing.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I just took a look at NK's airforce on Globalsecurity.

Pretty dodgy overall.

But one thing surprised me, they got 45 MiG-29's.

www.globalsecurity.org...

I heard about how they wanted Chinese J-10's but were refused politely. Surprised they didin't try to get Flankers to counter the F-15,16's.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
isnt this one story of buy our planes our sanctions or something?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomcat ha

I doubt it. More likely they were offered alot of production offsets. I had no Idea that the South was flying the Mig-29. Yeah not really a force for global projection, but given the limited scope/range of thier conflict it it will mostl likely do to take on the North.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by tomcat ha

I doubt it. More likely they were offered alot of production offsets. I had no Idea that the South was flying the Mig-29. Yeah not really a force for global projection, but given the limited scope/range of thier conflict it it will mostl likely do to take on the North.

The south don`t fly MIG-29`s - the North do.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
The south don`t fly MIG-29`s - the North do.

Your right, SInce the thread was the about the South I missed the quip on the top. WOnder what state they are in.

new topics

top topics

join