It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Authorizes Air Strikes in Syria

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Just heard on the news that the US military has struck a site in Syria as some type of apparent warning to IRAN; more specifically, it is an attack on Iranian backed militias.. Still breaking but I just want to get this info to ATS.

The US military struck a site in Syria on Thursday used by two Iranian-backed militia groups following rocket attacks on American forces in the region in the past two weeks, according to a US official.

The strikes mark the military's first known action under President Joe Biden. The site was not specifically tied to the rocket attacks, but were believed to be used by Iranian-backed Shia militias operating in the region.
Pentagon spokesman John Kirby said that the strikes took place "at President Biden's direction" and were authorized not just to respond to recent attacks against American and coalition forces, but to deal with "ongoing threats to those personnel."
Kirby said that Biden conducted the strikes after consulting with US allies, including coalition partners.

Interesting.....I thought Biden was trying to re-start talks with Iran over the peace deal...? What says ATS?

www.cnn.com...
edit on 25-2-2021 by lostbook because: paragraph edit

edit on 25-2-2021 by lostbook because: word change

+38 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Don't elect Trump they said. He'll start a war they said.

Gotta love it. Barely a month and here goes Biden. Trump dropped a bomb to send a "peace through strength" message. We'll find out why Biden's babysitters ordered him to drop a bomb soon.
edit on 25-2-2021 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Damn,

Well, it has been over a month since he was sworn in. It actually took longer than I expected before the ever-war continued.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I hope cooler heads prevail.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Biden probably pressed the wrong button. He shouldn't be in the war room alone.

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Doesn't make sense..

Biden, Kerry and all them were working 'with Iran while Trump was in power. They wouldnt just suddenly hit them 5 weeks into the presidency, its too risky Iran would turn around and expose them.

Its either a cover story or they hit someone attempting to attack ISIS.

Biden and the rest of them are closer to Iran than they are Israel.
edit on 25/2/21 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 07:15 PM
link   
LOL, this is glorious! Start that war biden, your peace loving libs are full of hate for those brown people just like you! Go getem bigguy! The irony tastes like victory.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 07:16 PM
link   
It’s been known that Iran is next on the chopping block. Even Mike P. Has been hounding on it for awhile before he left office.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Yes, it's a bit concerning. I think we're poking the beehive( IRAN) where bears( Russia) like to get their honey. We( US) don't want to upset the bees or any bears.
edit on 25-2-2021 by lostbook because: word change

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

Biden probably pressed the wrong button. He shouldn't be in the war room alone.

LOL!

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I wouldn’t be surprised if Biden bombed Italy. Dudes an idiot that can’t even put a sentence together half the time. It’s scary just thinking about it.

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 07:20 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

The strike is actually on Iranian backed militias in Syria. Not a strike in Iran. Still, it's a point of concern this early in the Biden presidency.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
I wouldn’t be surprised if Biden bombed Italy. Dudes an idiot that can’t even put a sentence together half the time. It’s scary just thinking about it.

Well, Democrats don't want him to have the nuclear launch codes so there is that.

www.politico.com...

Nearly three dozen House Democrats on Monday called on Biden to relinquish his sole authority to launch nuclear weapons, in the latest appeal to reform the command-and-control structure so that no single person can initiate a nuclear war.

“...Vesting one person with this authority entails real risks,” states the letter spearheaded by Rep. Jimmy Panetta of California. “Past presidents have threatened to attack other countries with nuclear weapons or exhibited behavior that caused other officials to express concern about the president’s judgment.“

“While any president would presumably consult with advisors before ordering a nuclear attack, there is no requirement to do so,” the letter adds. “The military is obligated to carry out the order if they assess it is legal under the laws of war. Under the current posture of U.S. nuclear forces, that attack would happen in minutes.”

They offer a number of alternatives, including requiring other officials in the line of succession, such as the vice president and the speaker of the House — “neither of whom can be removed by the president if they disagree — to concur with a launch order.”

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Biden is playing a very dangerous game called "poking the Bear"

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 07:26 PM
link   
If they’re firing on American troops, I say level them. “If” they did in fact fire on us.🤔

A better question though, why are we still there?

Unfortunately, the biggest threat to our country is currently within our own borders but that’s another thread.....

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
It’s been known that Iran is next on the chopping block. Even Mike P. Has been hounding on it for awhile before he left office.

Isn't Iran the last on the list to fall? I don't see how this isn't going to lead to eventual conflict with Russia.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
If they’re firing on American troops, I say level them. “If” they did in fact fire on us.🤔

Unfortunately, the biggest threat to our country is currently within our own borders but that’s another thread.....

How about pulling them out of the Syrian #hole...

sounds like Biden thought he was playing Call of duty with his grand kids
edit on 25-2-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

We're still there because we have a permanent presence stationed there. It's the same thing the Roman empire did.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Biden is playing a very dangerous game called "poking the Bear"

Does he have a Secretary of Defense yet, or is Biden giving the orders himself, based on what he saw on CNN today?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join