It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Harrison the quiet Beatle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 05:01 PM
link   
George Harrison would have turned 78 today.

Often cited as the quiet Beatle, he was the most mischievous, often playing pranks on his fellow members and other musicians throughout his time on this mortal coil.

George became a very spiritual person in his mid 20’s and this continued to be until his untimely passing in 2001 at the age of 58.

I am a massive Beatle fan, and I have learned much from every member, including Ringo, peace and love.

Here is one of my favourite tracks from the late great George Harrison in his Beatle phase, as he would refer to it. It also reminds me of winter passing and spring on the horizon.

Happy birthday George, wherever you are.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Rock on

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   
When I got married many years ago, Mrs Cobaltic chose this song for our wedding dance.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

All great tracks, he was truly a great songwriter, often eclipsed by his peers in The Beatles initially, but came to the fore from Rubber Soul onwards.

edit on 25/2/21 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 06:33 PM
link   
those guys sure liked hanging out in india.
maybe you should look into why they liked india so much.

nice pop music, not nice people.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

I think they found out what it was all about and soon distanced themselves. They knew in the end and did the right thing.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
George Harrison would have turned 78 today.

Often cited as the quiet Beatle, he was the most mischievous, often playing pranks on his fellow members and other musicians throughout his time on this mortal coil.

George became a very spiritual person in his mid 20’s and this continued to be until his untimely passing in 2001 at the age of 58.

I am a massive Beatle fan, and I have learned much from every member, including Ringo, peace and love.

Here is one of my favourite tracks from the late great George Harrison in his Beatle phase, as he would refer to it. It also reminds me of winter passing and spring on the horizon.

Happy birthday George, wherever you are.

Thanks for posting this, George Harrison was my favorite Beatle. His music and mind were one of a kind. He was a hell of a photographer and film maker. His contributions to films like Monty Python (of which he was a huge fan of) "Life Of Brian".

I'll be on my guitar later playing "When My Guitar Gently Weeps" to end this day of my birth and the birth of George Harrison.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I know many people who were born on this day. My late father-in-law being one of them.

Happy playing.

I look at the floor and I see it needs sweeping.

Happy Birthday dude.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I'm also a huge Beatle's fan.
I love 'Flying', a rare instrumental from them. George laid down the cool guitar tracks.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Happy Birthday Bigburgh. Hope the day was great.

Also a big fan of George. Picked a nice clean lp copy of darkhorse today and concert for Bangladesh (3 lp) recently.

Always a great listen.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Condolences and thank you
🎸🎸

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: montybd

Thank you😊

Oh the concert is on?

I was just told that in Chicago and New York City were supposed to have Beatles festivals today. Music, memorabilia and presentations from people who knew the Beatles personally.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 03:11 AM
link   
The Beatles have always been my favorite group, and I've always played some of their music in all the bands I've been in. I've even played some solo George songs, too. My birthday is two days after George's, so we almost had the same birthday.

TCB

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

One of my favourite Geroge Harrison songs.

new topics

top topics

join