It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NO-I Don't Want an Extended Warranty on my Damn Paid-Off Car

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 10:10 AM
link   
STOP CALLING ME!

Two calls so far this morning...at least half a dozen each day!
Wife gets them too.
Every call is from a different city...and every call is exactly the same.
The call 5 minutes ago, however, was a little different...and held my attention a few seconds longer because it started with a very sexy woman's voice...instead of the usual nasally-mechanical man's voice.

BE ADVISED...
I will continue to scream at you as an angry Chinese restaurant owner...every time you call!
edit on 25-2-2021 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Ive gotten so many of these calls, for so many years, that I no longer answer my phone to unknown numbers.. Ever.

FWIW, I dont even have a car, so...

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   
A relative of mine keeps getting the same Damn calls and he doesn't even own a car anymore or drives !!

Some ad guys ARE this dumb 🤣😵‍💫

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
STOP CALLING ME!

Wife gets them too.
The call 5 minutes ago, however, was a little different...and held my attention a few seconds longer because it started with a very sexy woman's voice...instead of the usual nasally-mechanical man's voice.

BE ADVISED...
I will continue to scream at you as an angry Chinese restaurant owner...every time you call!

So, ummm, if I contact you via ATS, it's OK then , right ?

Would you be interested in a long-term extra warranty for your paid off car from Seedy Slimy Shady Inc ?

Sorry. Could not resist .

Cheers

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

STOP CALLING ME!

Wife gets them too.

BE ADVISED...

So, ummm, if I contact you via ATS, it's OK then , right ?

Would you be interested in a long-term extra warranty for your paid off car from Seedy Slimy Shady Inc ?

Sorry. Could not resist .

Cheers

YOU GO NOWWWW! I NO TIME FO YOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   
My dad died 5 years ago and I still get mail trying to sell him life insurance....

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I've gone through the option twice to remove myself from thier calling list. It sucks but just listen to the message and you'll be able to shut them up for a little bit.

Not sure what triggers this. If you click on a car buy ad or some other company is giving my info to them. Not sure. I'd wish they stop calling me over my 98 chrysler concord as well.

The scary thing to think about is that they wouldn't be doing this if it didnt work.. like the automated IRS scam.

On a side note. If you donate to first responders and police. They will hound you for more and for more. Very greedy charity.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Next time you get called, mess with them and act like you’re a fleet manger.

“We have 300 vehicles in our fleet so you need to tell me which one you’re calling about.” “Hmm I’m not seeing that one in our records, are you sure you have the right number?” Etc.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: gb540

“We have 300 vehicles in our fleet so you need to tell me which one you’re calling about.” “Hmm I’m not seeing that one in our records, are you sure you have the right number?” Etc.

I like that idea...but don't want them to have the opportunity to record my actual voice.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I get those on my phone and work phone, work phone I also get the IRS scammers, you know the ones with the indian accent and you can here 80 other hajis behind him saying the same script.

They tells me that if I dont pay they will come and locks me up, and I'm like orly? Come up and get me.

They call so much they one time I gave fake name and the guy didnt like my obvious fake name, so he called the next day gave him a more realistic name, but he couldnt find me and my fake social sec number.

Another time he calls, I had to be honest I'm like first, IRS wont call me, 2nd Wont lock me up they would just garnish my wages and call it a day, TURDLY I can here you scammer crew in the background get a noise cancelling mic.

Been a while, but I still get the YER CAR WARRANTY BOUT TO ESPIREEEE

bitch I only think in Mandarin.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Messing with them can be fun.. To an extent.

It doesnt stop the calls though, and in my experience, they hang up at the first sign of "trouble."

So that gets old pretty quick and anything that wastes their time wastes yours as well.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I get those too, I now have a 100 year warranty on the Mercedes I got rid of 5 years ago.

The ones I really enjoy are from the IRS because I'm apparently going to get arrested. Again.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I like that idea...but don't want them to have the opportunity to record my actual voice.

Hmm where they further scam folks by getting loans using the recordings? Guess you’re right probably best to not talk to them at all... unless one’s extremely careful not to say anything that could be used as ID or an affirmation.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Other tricks you can play on them:
When they ask what cars you have, first tell them you have a 1932 Rickenbacker. They will ask if you have any cars newer than 2000 model year. Then you tell them you have a 2010 Toyota Celica (they quit making them in 2006).
They usually hang up at that point.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   

They stopped calling me after I told them I didnt own a car, didnt have a drivers license because of my 4 dwi and 3 dui.

It's been a good 4 months now since they called. Use to be about once a week.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

You gotta work on the story, and if you get them on your side thats when you tell them, I'd love to pay you right now, but I got all this mafia debt.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   

For is it's the ones who want to ask us to enroll in Obamacare or if we want student loan debt servicing or if we want this or that kind of insurance (outside health care).

The one that kills me is the Obamacare as if we are neither one employed with employer insurance.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

My parents love the ones who tell them that if they don't pay up, their computer will be locked in the next 15 minutes. They like to say, that's what you said a week ago and no one locked it and hang up.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Lately when my phone says Scam Likely I answer with "Hey robot! what do you want?"
The robots are never very chatty with me and typically hang up

My dad has a land line and gets the same debt collectors and IRS collectors who tell him he's gonna be arrested by the "local cops" LOL.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Nothing wrong with extended warranties; especially if you have a car that is older and expensive to repair. I'll never own a European lux vehicle again without a warranty.

The calls are irritating. I think I get one every other day.

My guess is they find you through public records. They can see when you purchased a vehicle and deduce that it may be nearing the end of the warranty.

Boiler room mortgage companies do this as well. Your mortgage is public record so they buy lists of people whose mortgage might make sense to refinance and start dialing.

It is all a numbers game. Call 100 people, maybe 5 answer and 1 bites....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join