It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Touch Factor: Stronger Personal Area Networks through Electric Field Photonics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The latest advance in Personal area networks comes farther than IBM or Microsoft ever took it. A Japanese communciation company (NNT) has developed RedTacton. It's fastest was recorded around 2MBpS.

Sounds great huh? More secure than Bluetooth. Instead of any transmitting it optimizes low level electrical fields on the skin. Reception is done through a laser shone through a prizm that can then successfully measure the data flowing through the low level electrical current.

In effect you can transfer Mp3s, Business Cards, or anything from touching someone. Transfer data to a computer by your touch, listen to your Mp3 with headphones that don't connect to anything...

Wow...

Do you want this? I think it's too scary for me. I'd rather have a Sony walkman.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Oh, this technology would make the world REALLY fun!

I'm all for it. Release this technology into the wild! Just give all competing factions a free bank vault run, too. That will make things more interesting.

As a member of the human race, I will never cease to be amazed, amused, and disappointed by my brothers and sisters.

Good for us!

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Very cool to imagine. With greater technologies also come greater risks. As easy as it is to swap information at a touch, it will also become as easy to steal it.

In addition, does this come with a side of cancer or tumor?

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I think there would be some sort of side effect but if the technology is utilizing the existing energy within the body it needs to be clearly stated if their are any additives to the energy flow or is only a pulse type regulation of the flow that the laser than reads with the prism thingy..

I'm not a techie

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Hrm, I can imagine how much this technolgoy would frustrate field agents in the intelligence sector, giving a whole new meaning to the term 'brush-pass'. Of course the RIAA would flip out when they found people using this in conjunction with Ipods to swap music while jumping around at a rave, the lawyers might even suffer a massive brain hemorage and die from the sheer overload.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
What kind of storage capacity could a human being have? Could we upgrade?

top topics

join