It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gina Carano Interview Released

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

My god she's incredibly boring. Ya'll actually sat through this?

I've got a real easy solution for all these celebrities.

Stay off Social Media. Don't give interviews.

Be like Nicholson. Let the people enjoy your movies and keep your distance from all other media.

Stay a mystery.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

They should be allowed to be liberal, too.

This sort of thing, regardless of ones politics, is wrong.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

He has reasons to stay quiet it was all the drug use and womaizing he did. He was constantly in trouble during the me too movement he will keep a low profile.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Yes, you can.

That, however, doesn't make it right, now does it?

Lex iniusta non est lex
edit on 2/23/2021 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Lex iniusta non est lex

A person willingly entering into a contract is not a law, it is an agreement.

If they feel the deal is unjust they can simply not sign.

edit on 23-2-2021 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 06:56 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Except that we kind of have this thing called the constitution that guarantees us a few rights.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Yes, you can.

That, however, doesn't make it right, now does it?

Lex iniusta non est lex

It's hard enough to run my business without having Anon cult freaks disturbing a system that took me 25 years to develop.
And it's not like I don't spell out what I expect from anyone that wants to work for me. And don't lie because I check references and your twitter, FB, Parler etc., No politics on set. Conservative, Liberal or Christian. Just do your job and STFU about things that will interrupt the flow. Time is Money...

I'm not unjust but I expect professionalism. If you can't deal with that, then GTFO; I don't have the time or inclination to babysit someone like Ms Carano.

edit on 23-2-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: kyosuke

She did not do or say anything against their policy. Stop pushing this false narrative.

Negative. Disney has morality clauses in their contracts. Nothing false about that.

If anything she did was against policy, then Pedro Pascal and many other Disney employees deserve to be fired because they have done what Gina is accused of x10.

That's up Disney's discretion. And apparently now after the Gina's firing they've adopted a zero tolerance policy. So we may see more firings.

Cancel culture is a product of extremists who think their way of life is the right way.

I agree with you. There are extremists on both sides that need to chill out.

Right now, the Left are the current leaders of Cancel Culture.

I wouldn't say they are leaders. But they are catching up those on the right.

Your tribalist mind doesn't seem to be able to grasps these facts, so you point the finger at the other side while constantly ignoring your side committing the far worse actions.

I have this same argument with people on the right. They live in the conservative echo chamber. Constantly pointing fingers at the other side. The difference is that if I see someone doing something wrong I don't keep supporting the person doing wrong.

Go ahead keep being a tribalist and accusing other of being cultists while ignoring your own cult like behavior.

Hell no I wouldn't join no cult. I see where that leads. But there's plenty on both sides that enjoy the kool aid and will never see otherwise. It's just that the latest cultists are Trump followers.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Except that we kind of have this thing called the constitution that guarantees us a few rights.

So government tyranny = bad, but corporate tyranny = good?

You want corporations to be dictators?
edit on 2322021 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 11:10 PM
link   

a reply to: jjkenobi

In this country you should be allowed to be what you want without fear of reprisal as long as you're not breaking any laws.

Yet, conservatives, have been cancelling people based solely on skin tone, nationality, sexuality and whether they do no believe in a god. (Look up the laws against being atheists holding public office. There are states where you technically can’t hold public office if you’re an atheist )

Conservatives complaining about Cancel Culture are literally the poster children for the pot calling the kettle black. And now that the other side finally figured out that two can play the "cancelling game" you're all butt hurt about it.

Yeah. Go cry elsewhere. You brought it on yourselves.

oooo conservatives have done mean things so lets not hold anyone accountable ! whataboutism for the win..

proof she was right
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 11:29 PM
link   

On set?

Of course, you're absolutely correct. Time is money. Do what you're being paid for.

Off camera, or off set, which ever applies...?

None of your business unless it's something illegal, or totally beyond the pale. This particular incindent was neither of those, as you well know.

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

self awareness -100

You say this "The difference is that if I see someone doing something wrong I don't keep supporting the person doing wrong."

But I'm sure you see nothing wrong with the destruction of cities all last summer by BLM.

Have a look in the mirror child.

Id rather get back to the topic of Gina, and cancel culture perpetuated by children of the left.
edit on 24-2-2021 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2021 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I never said that.

And some corporations certainly are dictators.

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: 111DPKING111

Negative. Let's hold everyone accountable.

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LeoStarchild

Negative. No one sees anything right with people rioting and looting. It's wrong.

And getting back to Gina. She wasn't cancelled she was consequenced.

She did things that were against clauses in her contract. So her employer decided not to renew her contract. the end.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 01:25 AM
link   
beep, bop, boop.

Im a Willow tree.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Negative. No one sees anything right with people rioting and looting. It's wrong.

She did things that were against clauses in her contract. So her employer decided not to renew her contract. the end.

Yes disney has a tendency to cosequence anyone they disagree with like James Gunn. They are constantly making moral judgements and denying free speach. Did the same to Johnny Depp in his divorce they decided to fire him though now it appears they changed their mind now that his ex looks to be the abuser. And that is where the problem lies you dont know what the people are thinking or even all the facts to make judgements. So businesses have no right to try to assume they know what was being thought and effect peoples lives because of it.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
And that is where the problem lies you dont know what the people are thinking or even all the facts to make judgements.

The thing is that they don't need all the facts, they just need to feel that it shines negatively on the company and its image.

They don't need to be right, it doesn't have to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt and it doesn't have to be applied in every instance, it is at their discretion.

So businesses have no right to try to assume they know what was being thought and effect peoples lives because of it.

If someone signs a contract giving them them that right then, yes, they do have that right.

edit on 25-2-2021 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

So businesses have no right to try to assume they know what was being thought and effect peoples lives because of it.

I pay the rent, workmans comp, insurance, all bills, the lawyers, the accountants, everything. If you can't abide by the rules I included in the contracts. DON'T sign it. If you sign it and break my rules, you will be banned. Sort of like on ATS...T&C. It's really not that hard of a concept. If you post anything detrimental on Social Media about my company or something that might disturb my other employees...don't whine when you get terminated.
edit on 25-2-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join