It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gina Carano Interview Released

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: Flatcoat

You mean like how the "outrage mob" got Kapernick fired?

Yeah, you never know.

Kapernick got Kapernick fired. He single handedly dropped NFL viewership by a large margin, and it remains low today, due to him alone.

And the kicker is his message is a good one, and done the right way, could have been something huge. But he chose to make it more about him than what he claimed to be about. he's a bitch.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 06:04 AM
link   
She does an amazing interview. She seems so genuine and not at all absorbed in the Hollywood sickness. it may not look like it now, but her departure from that filth is probably for the better. I hope she finds a different direction that she enjoys.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: Raggedyman
I don't think anyone understood what you were saying in that post.

I sure didn't.

Ok, simply that if you have any opinion or look that’s different to your employers, they can release you

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: infolurker

You mean Consequence Culture.

She said things her employer didn't like. So they chose not to renew her contract.

You're on the losing side.

Americans should be allowed to be Conservative without being fired.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I don't think anyone understood what you were saying in that post.

I sure didn't.

Ok, simply that if you have any opinion or look that’s different to your employers, they can release you

edit on 22-2-2021 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Don't know why you are bringing looks into it.

Actually, labor laws usually protect against that type of thing but you can lose some of that protection based on your employment contract.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   

If I pay the bills, rent, taxes, workman's comp, insurance, etc. and if I don't like bootlickers, you can't work on my crew. My business, my rules.

Take it up with the labor board if you think it will help.

edit on 22-2-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Actually, labor laws usually protect against that type of thing but you can lose some of that protection based on your employment contract.

State laws vary, but most states have no such protection. There is also no federal law that prevents a private employer from not hiring or firing someone because they don't agree with their political ideology.

So in many states, a private employer can fire someone simply because (say, for example) they volunteered during their spare time to do some grass-roots work for a political campaign. Some states, such as CA, CO, ND, NY (and DC), do have laws preventing an employer from discriminating against an employee for lawful off-duty activities (such as working as a volunteer for a candidate), but not all states.

The bottom line in many states is that if your employer finds out you are an active Republican or Democrat, he or she can fire you for it.

It could be something like this:
"I hear you made volunteer phone calls this weekend in support of [candidate name]. I don't like [candidate name], so you're fired."

This would be perfectly legal in many states.

edit on 2021/2/22 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain
Raggedyman listed many things, besides political ideology.

There are laws that cover some of those things.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

This whole cancel culture has got to stop! I don't know what the hell has happened to people to make them so hateful and controlling. It should not be tolerated. Sick of these poor excuses for human beings. Gena will rise above this and has many people on her side.

People have always been like this. It is just more visible because of social media.

Because of my religious beliefs I have always received ridicule, persecution, prejudice and hatred, from mostly religious people that call themselves Christian. Jehovah's Witnesses were also fiercely persecuted in the concentration camps along with the Jews.

I have been cancelled in social media websites, been refused jobs, and have been bullied out of places of employment for having different beliefs, thinking it is dishonorable to God to celebrate pagan holidays such as Christmas, etc.

Not trying to make this about me, I could go on with stories from almost all my friends who have received treatment such as this for decades from the government in the United States, from judges, from religious leaders, and from people of all "Christian" denominations because of prejudice and hatred. And used to lies being spread all the time, by religious leaders, by news reports, etc.

This culture others are becoming aware of has always been here. People have always ostracized, ridiculed, persecuted, bullied, hounded others who think differently than themselves. I have always seen that to be the case.

Now it appears that it is just more out in the open. You would be surprised how many on this website probably have the same attitudes and act the same way.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 01:51 PM
link   

a reply to: Box of Rain
Raggedyman listed many things, besides political ideology.

There are laws that cover some of those things.

In some states, yes, but not in all. For the most part there are laws against a private employer discriminating against race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, but most states do NOT limit discriminating against political ideologies.

There is a federal law, but that only applies to federal employees and not private companies.

edit on 2021/2/22 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Box of Rain
In some states, yes, but not in all. For the most part there are laws against a private employer discriminating against race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, but most states do NOT limit discriminating against political ideologies.

Why are you even arguing? You just listed some of the things mentioned in the original post.

So if she was gay, black, fat or ugly, was a republican, smoked cigarettes, was Caucasian a man...

edit on 22-2-2021 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 05:16 PM
link   

One would think so but, cultural diversity is law
I didn’t make the rules

Seems like Disney are legally allowed to discriminate, where does it stop becomes the question and who stops it

edit on 22-2-2021 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MidnightHawk

originally posted by: Night Star

This whole cancel culture has got to stop! I don't know what the hell has happened to people to make them so hateful and controlling. It should not be tolerated. Sick of these poor excuses for human beings. Gena will rise above this and has many people on her side.

People have always been like this. It is just more visible because of social media.

Because of my religious beliefs I have always received ridicule, persecution, prejudice and hatred, from mostly religious people that call themselves Christian. Jehovah's Witnesses were also fiercely persecuted in the concentration camps along with the Jews.

I have been cancelled in social media websites, been refused jobs, and have been bullied out of places of employment for having different beliefs, thinking it is dishonorable to God to celebrate pagan holidays such as Christmas, etc.

Not trying to make this about me, I could go on with stories from almost all my friends who have received treatment such as this for decades from the government in the United States, from judges, from religious leaders, and from people of all "Christian" denominations because of prejudice and hatred. And used to lies being spread all the time, by religious leaders, by news reports, etc.

This culture others are becoming aware of has always been here. People have always ostracized, ridiculed, persecuted, bullied, hounded others who think differently than themselves. I have always seen that to be the case.

Now it appears that it is just more out in the open. You would be surprised how many on this website probably have the same attitudes and act the same way.

I feel for all those children abused by the members of your org, staggers me you support a church that harbours those criminals
Go figure
But I know, you deny that what has happened, happened

The difference, I know and accept how bad the Protestant church has been and still is, why it deserves to be abused in society.
You think you are a martyr as is your org, you are not

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

Way to cherry pick bro.

(post by grey580 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

If I pay the bills, rent, taxes, workman's comp, insurance, etc. and if I don't like bootlickers, you can't work on my crew. My business, my rules.

None of my business what you do, you are nothing in the scheme of things
When Disney a media conglomerate, forms global opinion, blacklists a political opinion, although I doubt you can understand, it means something

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 05:28 PM
link   

No one could understand what you wrote.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

In this country you should be allowed to be what you want without fear of reprisal as long as you're not breaking any laws.

Yet, conservatives, have been cancelling people based solely on skin tone, nationality, sexuality and whether they do no believe in a god. (Look up the laws against being atheists holding public office. There are states where you technically can’t hold public office if you’re an atheist )

Conservatives complaining about Cancel Culture are literally the poster children for the pot calling the kettle black. And now that the other side finally figured out that two can play the "cancelling game" you're all butt hurt about it.

Yeah. Go cry elsewhere. You brought it on yourselves.

edit on 22-2-2021 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

None of my business what you do, you are nothing in the scheme of things
When Disney a media conglomerate, forms global opinion, blacklists a political opinion, although I doubt you can understand, it means something

It was an analogy son.

I understand corporate America, private enterprise and capitalism. When you run your mouth on social media and the Corporation thinks your comments hurts their business, you should expect, their just might be reprisals.
What is it about "business" you don't understand. Gina was nothing in the grand scheme of things. I wish her well with her lawsuit, but Disney will grind her up and spit her out.

What do you think would happen If someone started liberal drivel with the Altria Group?
edit on 22-2-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join