It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gina Carano Interview Released

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

This is a good interview. I started watching another one, but I just couldn't get through it.

I appreciated where she said that people are thirsty for truth. Not so much where she talked about people keeping quiet for fear of losing their jobs. I get that's a real fear, but I don't get why people don't get mad at their thoughts and words being held hostage for a paycheck.

One of our greatest weaknesses right now as a nation -- which makes this possible -- is that we've become a nation of debtors and gamblers, rather than savers and investors. We depend too much on corporations, which have been given too much power by government critters. A corporate society makes for a consumer society, which makes for a disposable society. Including people.

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe
They probably had some numbers put in front of them before they made that decision.

Can't say if they did or if those were right or wrong but it isn't far fetched to think that was why that decision was made.

edit on 21-2-2021 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Control it? No, why would I want to?

I still want to know why they found it so offensive??

I suppose it's because she's a conservative working in an industry that is anything but conservative politically. I mean, how dare she disagree with the collective wisdom of that industry.

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Control it? No, why would I want to?

Wasn't implying that. Just stating the fact.

I still want to know why they found it so offensive??

What difference would it make?

I suppose it's because she's a conservative working in an industry that is anything but conservative politically. I mean, how dare she disagree with the collective wisdom of that industry.

That is it and she signed to work under those conditions.

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I have a good bit saved in retirement, another good bit in investments as well. I still need my regular job to pay the bills for a while. Now if you ask me the same in 10 years, the answer is hopefully going to be completely different. So as it stands right now, I keep my mouth shut when dealing with anything that has visibility with my job. I'm compensated very well, belief structures are not a core component of my job so they come up rarely.

I will say that I have spoken up to my leadership about people making official business meetings political, our employee handbook actually states that potentially controversial subjects should not be part of official business. I actually saw the fruits of those discussions on the last meeting where the ones that wanted to discuss controversial topics have set up their own un-official meet-up on Discord. I have no issue with that as it's not part of the work place, and I never have to see it unless I choose to opt-in.

Officially as far as my job is concerned, I'm completely opinion agnostic when it comes to everything except my job role. I take the diversity classes because they are required, not because I believe they add value. I don't have the luxury of bucking that trend just yet.

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

It doesn't sound like you've been put in the same position as Gina, where she was not only expected not to say certain things, but they actually expected and demanded her to say certain things... such as the pronoun brouhaha. So I would not say your situation is comparable.

Having said that, no one should be forced to sell their soul to feed their family and make a living. No one should feel that is their best or only option.

However, the reality is that everyone must decide if they will live their lives on their feet or on their knees, because there will always be someone demanding something.

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   

When plying her chosen profession, acting, what real alternative choice does she have?

That fact that Disney attempted to, quite literraly punish her for her, supposedly, offensive views should be alarming, and should have consequences--just like she faced, right?

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   
‘The left’ is fascist to the core

Opposing fascism is frowned upon by leftists, as can be seen on this very thread

Gina opposes fascism and opposes totalitarian governments (like the one the USA has now)

This upsets the weakest of the low-IQ crowd and so they openly support her being fired

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
When plying her chosen profession, acting, what real alternative choice does she have?

I wouldn't know. I'd guess few, if any.

That fact that Disney attempted to, quite literraly punish her for her, supposedly, offensive views should be alarming, and should have consequences--just like she faced, right?

Judicially? No, she willingly entered into an agreement.

If people want to support her by boycotting disney, that is one thing but, legally, she was bound by contract.

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Now totalitarian-supporting leftists are claiming her contract stated “you must support leftist ideology”

“She breached her contract”.

Did she?

I imagine if she posted about murdering policemen, burning down private businesses and assassinating President Trump, she would be lauded as a hero by her employer
edit on 21 2 2021 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 05:59 PM
link   
What come to my mind.. we are borg.... resistance is futile.

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

You mean Consequence Culture.

She said things her employer didn't like. So they chose not to renew her contract.

So if she was gay, black, fat or ugly, was a republican, smoked cigarettes, was Caucasian a man, who decides, the employee?
Fair enough, good enough for disney why isn’t it ok for everyone

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
Now totalitarian-supporting leftists are claiming her contract stated “you must support leftist ideology”

They did? Where did they do that?

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

You mean Consequence Culture.

She said things her employer didn't like. So they chose not to renew her contract.

What's the story with James Gunn and his pedo tweets, they got him fired and then rehired. Does that mean that the employer likes them now, the comments specifically. If we apply your liberal logic there, then that would be a true statement right?

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 06:14 PM
link   

You claim she broke her contract

Which specific point did she breach?

The part where Disney says “you must support the ultra-fascist ideology of the hateful left”?
Or some other part?

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 06:19 PM
link   
If Gina was an walmart employee and said things the waltons thought would hurt their business....what do you think would happen to Gina?

But blame Disney for protecting their brand...Want freedom to run your mouth...don't sign the contracts and don't work.

I don't even like Disney and now I'm blessed with enough experience and skill to tell Disney to ***K off!!

Just like I would tell walmart, Lowes, or McDonalds.

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak
Like I said here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

In the contracts I have had the chance to work on, a person doesn't have to say/do something that is wrong or untrue for the company to be seen in a "negative light" and that is often "at their sole discretion".

They are vague on purpose so that they can execute without being as specific as the example you posted.

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 06:23 PM
link   

So opposing hate, opposing fascism and opposing oppression got her fired

No wonder ‘the left’ is so supportive of Disney over this incident

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

So opposing hate, opposing fascism and opposing oppression got her fired

No wonder ‘the left’ is so supportive of Disney over this incident

I think it was her post about Jews that got her fired.

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Yeah
She posted how they were oppressed. She was clearly against that oppression and is clearly aware that the political climate of today is showing some similarities to the climate back then

‘The left’ don’t like that fact being exposed so: cancel

Being (or posting) AGAINST the oppression of the Jews is NOT hateful or bigoted
Regardless what Disney (a historically VERY anti-Jewish company) tells you
edit on 21 2 2021 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join