It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if YOU were Terri Schiavo

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MauiStacey
thats right a damned machine.

you dont need a machine to be fed by tube tho, just a syrenge will do.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
HELLLOOOOO can she administer a syringe by herself? No she cannot. You are awake and aware. She hasn't been for 15 years.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   

So, name I take it that you rely on some sort of machine to live. Only here's the difference. You can talk and type. She is in a vegetative state. She is probably not even aware that she exists.

What ever happened to you I am sorry.. Terrie can't even buss the nurses to tell them she is hungry or needs to use the bathroom.... machines control that for her.

The lights are on but nobody's home.

machine to go to the bathroom? theres no such machine for anyone, for feeding the machine is only used for accuracy, you dont need it at all.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   

HELLLOOOOO can she administer a syringe by herself? No she cannot. You are awake and aware. She hasn't been for 15 years.

she is aware tho....hello yourself..

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
excuse me they use a cathader on her. Obvioulsy she doesn't get up and use the lady's room.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but you are taking this off topic. The truth of the matter is she is unable to tend to any need she has. She is in a perpetaul comatos state - you are not. This thread is about her and what you would do if it were you.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I'll only know if I'm in that same position. Until then I don't think I could answer the question and I don't think anyone else could honestly as well.

[edit on 20-3-2005 by Mandalorianwarrior]

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   

excuse me they use a cathader on her. Obvioulsy she doesn't get up and use the lady's room.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but you are taking this off topic. The truth of the matter is she is unable to tend to any need she has. She is in a perpetaul comatos state - you are not. This thread is about her and what you would do if it were you.

offtopic? lol how am i offtopic....and get your facts straight, shes not in any coma, you dont seem to understand the reality of her situation, and also she has no catheter either.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I would pray that someone had the freaking mercy to allow me to die. I might be angered that those that are slinging snot and wringing their hands over the fact that I had to be starved to death were the same ones that made it into law that I MUST starve instead of having a shot and going in a few moments.

I have signed a living will to prevent the Government from saving me to gather a few more votes for the party.

If I can not live without a machine and that includes a feeding tube than I dont want to live.

SHAME on those who would force this poor woman to keep living.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmukSHAME on those who would force this poor woman to keep living.

But what if it is true that she WANTS to live? How do you know? Without being in the room you nor I can speak on that fact.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
again, Namehere, this thread isn't about YOU. It's about Terrie and what YOU would do if it were you.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Originally posted by AmukSHAME on those who would force this poor woman to keep living.

But what if it is true that she WANTS to live? How do you know? Without being in the room you nor I can speak on that fact.

And you know she does? If I was her husband I would put a pillow over her face years ago and screw the court

Answer this

Would YOU want to live 40-50 years having your diaper changed and being feed through a tube?

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Where there it is, now Bush just has to sign it. To quote Drudge...where does this go now? Is there a Sunday Night Court?

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Just in case my living will isn't written before my passing, note that it will be in the archives of ATS for eternity:

If I become a vegetable, brain dead, with no chance of recovery for a duration of more than 2 years, please let me go peacefully onto the next life.

Do Not Let Me Starve Slowly either.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
ok then she doesn't have a catheder, she wears a diaper. So who changes yours Namehere?

Terrie cannot tend to any needs she has.

She cannot type on a keyboard like you or call out any discomfort. She is brain dead.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Answer this

Would YOU want to live 40-50 years having your diaper changed and being feed through a tube?

Nope, I would wish I had a friend that would take care of things. BTW bro, I do. He's my offline friend, very similar to you. I'm covered.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   

again, Namehere, this thread isn't about YOU. It's about Terrie and what YOU would do if it were you.

"What if you were terri" im answering by my experience with similar things, im not making it about me, im answering the topic the only way i can.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   

ok then she doesn't have a catheder, she wears a diaper. So who changes yours Namehere?

She cannot type on a keyboard like you or call out any discomfort. She is brain dead.

not me.....

and if she was given a special computer i bet she could too communicate, theres people in worse condition who use such computers..

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Name, bless yer heart. I do not want to seam mean. I am pointin out thta you are not a vegetable and she is.

You right now are able to type and tell the people around you what you want and need. Terrie is not. She left here 15 years ago and her shell is here.

I'm sorry for whatever happened to you. But you are a functioning human being. Perhaps it is your intention to tell us how to bring Terrie back as you have made it back from some sort of nightmare. However, the reality is Terrie's been handed a death sentence, the nation is aware. What now. and my question.....god forbid, what if it were you?

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

And you know she does? If I was her husband I would put a pillow over her face years ago and screw the court

Answer this

It depends, If I still had a thought process and that remains to be seen I can not say. Look at S Hawking, same thing.....

She might not be brain dead at all, and there are those who have sworn affidavits that say so.

She is known to perk up in a way that only her mother can cause....is that brain dead?

maybe you need to look into this a bit more.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
i saw the footage with her smiling. The lights re on but nobody;s home. Yes, i feel bad and have even cried.

But, if it were me.......send me home to my creator. The day I cannot wipe myself or say what I need and is the day I want it to end.

The ones who are holding on to her pittiful life are the onese who are affraid of no afterlife to cling to and beleive in.

She is suffering, let her free.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join