It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if YOU were Terri Schiavo

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
What would you want to happen? Be a vegetable as a living bodily function or pass on.

I personally would never ever want to be kept alive through artificial means.

I've heard all the arguments about what a bastard her hubby is. It doesn' change the fact that she is a vegetable with ZERO qaulity of lfe. Heck she doesn't even KNOW she is alive.

Personally, if it were me, I would have wanted to plug pulled as soon as they realized I could not live with out artificial means.

[edit on 20-3-2005 by MauiStacey]

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I would have to agree. If I was ever in that position, I hope the people who care for me would just let me go quickly and move on to the next life. Also, then they could move on with their lives.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
She makes a great case for everyone to get a living will if you don't want other people such as parents, relatives or the government to interfere and make you keep living a living death as a vegetable. If that was me and I had already been an awake conscious vegetable for years, I'd say pull the plug on me. Please give some morphine though so I don't feel any hunger though. I would say let me finally die with some dignity instead of being sentenced to decades of a living death. If my relatives and government didn't honor my wishes, well that would be on their head. It's sad when some people are afraid to let loved ones just pass on where they will feel no pain and no sadness (if they are good people). Sometimes I wonder if the people afraid to pull the plug are atheists and don't believe in any afterlife. If I haven't recovered after the 3 year mark, I say to everyone, pull the plug on me. My life would already be over.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MauiStacey
What would you want to happen? Be a vegetable as a living bodily function or pass on.

I've heard all the arguments about what a bastard her hubby is. It doesn' change the fact that she is a vegetable with ZERO qaulity of lfe. Heck she doesn't even KNOW she is alive.

Personally, if it were me, I would have wanted to pulge pulled as soon as they realized I could not live with out artificial means.

its only a tube, not life support and she is too aware.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
If I were Terri Schiavo???

1) I would hope that I was married to a man who would have the decency to make sure that they did a brain scan on me before stating that i was brain dead;
2) I would pray that i was married to a man who had the decency to divorce me before moving in with another woman and having a family with her;
3) I would prefer that people were compassionate to know that I am someone's child and not call me a "vegetable"; and
4) Not want my body to be wracked with pain as I am starved to death, I would want to if I were in fact brain dead for the doctors to give me a lethal injection.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
and she is too aware.

I must have missed this information. When was that proven?

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Neither would I, but I have put my wishes in writing through a living will. That is why I haven't been totally on board with this whole mess - no one knows what this woman wanted. All we are left with is selfish people with selfish motives - parents who aren't ready to let go of their child and a husband who doesn't want the carrot stick around anymore.

Florida has brought this whole mess upon itself for allowing "hearsay" in the absence of a living will to determine if a person's guardian can cease medical treatment. They are now paying the price with the threat of federal interference. Time to get this stupid law off the books and demand living wills. If you don't have one - you get to remain in that persistive vegetative state. Make it that smple and uncontestable.

My 2 cents.
B.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
as horrific as it sounds, she will be dead in 5 days. Suffer for 5 more days with stomach cramps and be in pain......or suffer for 20 more years being trapped in a vegetative body. It's more inhumane to keep the poor lady alive. She has no control over anything. For god's sake let her go! it's more humane. She left 15 years ago, only her shell is alive because of a damned machine.

Her hubby is a flippin bastard.......we get that. The POINT is she is a vegetable. Her life was over 15 years ago. Let her pass on, do an autposy to pove what he did to her. All the people boo hooing over the eight days it will take her to starve the death aren't thinking about the next 20-30 years of misery she gets to spend in a bed UNAWARE that she is even alive and getting bed sores.

I'm sorry it hurts her mom and dad but they are SELFISH to keep her bound in a useless body.

LET HER GO!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
jonna, well her nurses and doctors have said she isnt pvs plus i've seen video of her and she smiles and responds to people and tracks with her eyes

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MauiStacey is alive because of a damned machine.
!

do i need to keep telling people shes not on any freaking machine?

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
If I was Terri Schiavo I will be asking the president why my life was more important than the life of the baby that was allowed to die in Texas.

If I was Terri Schiavo I will ask the president also what did he gain from his act of generosity for me but not for the baby in Texas.

If I was Terri Schiavo I will ask anybody in this boards what they feel about the poor mother in Texas that had to see her baby die because she could not afford the medical care for him and bush sign it into effect.

And I will ask the president if he took in consideration the color of the skin of the baby.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
So her lungs and heart are strong. Would YOU want to be kept alive via a feeding tube? She is still a vegetable.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
She can't ask anyone any thing. She is a vegetable. She is not able to even go to the bathroom.

If she could ASK people things she wouldn't be a vegetable!! She is a living bodily function that is not able to live with out the aid of machines.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
marg, i think constant suffocating pain is more of a reason to end a life, not being incapacitated.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   

So her lungs and heart are strong. Would YOU want to be kept alive via a feeding tube? She is still a vegetable.

well i do have one...so yes...

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
thats right a damned machine. She she sit up and feed herself? Can she get up and go to the lady's room? No, she relies on a damned machine.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
marg, i think constant suffocating pain is more of a reason to end a life, not being incapacitated.

Namehere I am not in favor of killing the women, never have, I am now very concern of the ramifications of these actions taken by our politicians and how nobody is mentioning the case of the child in Texas.

Doesn't that rings some concern to you? it does to me, how valuable is a life over another one that the President of the US has to intervene for one but not for the other one.

This a very big issue and we will hear more in the matter. I told you that it was hidden agendas on what was going on.

This was not about Terri, or her family but about other reason, and now you have it.

Let see what happen next.

[edit on 20-3-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   

She can't ask anyone any thing. She is a vegetable. She is not able to even go to the bathroom..

i cant talk or ask people things or do anything on my own, im fine this way.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Far be it for me to be the voice of sanity and reason, but perhaps we should take a step back before things get ugly here. Everyone has their own opinion and the simple fact of the matter is it is unlikely that we will ever know the opinion of the person that really matters concerning this situation: Terri Schiavo.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
So, name I take it that you rely on some sort of machine to live. Only here's the difference. You can talk and type. She is in a vegetative state. She is probably not even aware that she exists.

What ever happened to you I am sorry.. Terrie can't even buss the nurses to tell them she is hungry or needs to use the bathroom.... machines control that for her.

The lights are on but nobody's home.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join