It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Achieve Real-Time Communication With Lucid Dreamers in Breakthrough

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Scientists Achieve Real-Time Communication With Lucid Dreamers in Breakthrough

if ever there was a need for a tinfoil hats, looks like the time is coming. well tinfoil sleeping caps.

edit on 20-2-2021 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Amazing stuff. I have had quite a few lucid dreams myself, but recently began having several of them in one week, and they were far different than usual.
It's hard to find real information about certain things about them. Almost every time I have become lucid, I try to fly by jumping up and I become airborne. The last time I did that I was propelled up into a vortex that went straight up and I heard rushing wind very loud, and my heart rate increased dramatically. I had to force myself awake to break away from it.

In another lucid dream the same week, I started to see multi colored ribbons of light going everywhere just after becoming lucid. After sitting up in bed awake, I could still see those ribbons of colored light, then they faded away. Hard to believe I know, and I have just dismissed it. Since then, no more lucid dreams have happened, been about 3 months.

Strange stuff.

Maybe these researchers will keep studying lucid dreams and discover more answers about how the mind works, and even better, if there is some connection to other things like quantum mechanics and consciousness.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyAnonymous

This to me is a wild advancement and may be the fore-runner of our being able to interact with others while in a lucid state which has been something I've wondered about for years.

Very interesting times were living in.

Johnny

Exactly!

If people could interact with each others dreams, that would be something. If we could also control the dream world you experience, it would take immersive VR to a whole new level.

It also reminds of this Outer Limits episode called The Sentence with David Hyde Pierce. He invented a device similar to this but he used this to create virtual prisons because of jail overcrowding. So convicts would spend life in prison but only a few hours would pass by.

The possibilities with this could be very profound. Kids 30-50 years from now might meet up with their friends and talk about some adventure they had together in a shared dream state.

You might also have people saying, my life in the dream world is better than my life in the real world so they stay in a dream world for hours.

Also, to the person complaining about Vice(the first time I heard that one), here's more links.

Scientists entered people’s dreams and got them ‘talking’

www.sciencemag.org...

Researchers Exchange Messages with Dreamers

Dreamers answered experimenters’ questions or solved simple math problems, showing that complex two-way communication between the dreaming and waking world is possible.

www.the-scientist.com...

People Answer Scientists’ Queries in Real Time While Dreaming

www.scientificamerican.com...

Also, here's a link to the paper published in Current Biology.

Research Current Biology

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Amazing stuff. I have had quite a few lucid dreams myself, but recently began having several of them in one week, and they were far different than usual.
It's hard to find real information about certain things about them. Almost every time I have become lucid, I try to fly by jumping up and I become airborne. The last time I did that I was propelled up into a vortex that went straight up and I heard rushing wind very loud, and my heart rate increased dramatically. I had to force myself awake to break away from it.

In another lucid dream the same week, I started to see multi colored ribbons of light going everywhere just after becoming lucid. After sitting up in bed awake, I could still see those ribbons of colored light, then they faded away. Hard to believe I know, and I have just dismissed it. Since then, no more lucid dreams have happened, been about 3 months.

Strange stuff.

Maybe these researchers will keep studying lucid dreams and discover more answers about how the mind works, and even better, if there is some connection to other things like quantum mechanics and consciousness.

Good post and I do think there's a connection to consciousness and what I call Quantum Awareness.

Another good thing to do while you're Lucid Dreaming is to set up reality markers in your dream in case you get lost in your dream. I would use my old Junior High School as a marker. So when I see my Junior High School, I will say Oh yeah, I'm dreaming and then I can gain more control in the dream.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 10:08 AM
link   
When I was a little kid, I remember my parents were teaching me how to count to 10. I was struggling with it a lot. I remember having nightmares and other dreams involving numbers and soon after I was able to count to 10. It was like something clicked. Not really sure if it was lucid dreams, but it got me thinking. What if, in the future we are able to sign up for sleep classes, where you are taught something via lucid dreams. Like languages, etc.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: that1lurker
When I was a little kid, I remember my parents were teaching me how to count to 10. I was struggling with it a lot. I remember having nightmares and other dreams involving numbers and soon after I was able to count to 10. It was like something clicked. Not really sure if it was lucid dreams, but it got me thinking. What if, in the future we are able to sign up for sleep classes, where you are taught something via lucid dreams. Like languages, etc.

Exactly!

The researchers talk about teaching people things while they're Lucid Dreaming. Go to 13:15 in the video.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I can instantly see the dark and the narcissistic uses of such a technology and I fear that will always be one outcome of such including enhanced mind programming and brainwashing techniques.

I would say this is probably the purpose. I have always believed they could use their mind control techniques to reach coma patients and walk them back home.

I do think lucid dreams are often the result of minds that are in difficult places when awake. I dreamed this way through my whole traumatic childhood but no longer to now that I am happy and better adjusted in life. My dreams do remain realistic and fun, I like to sleep.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 02:15 PM
link   
As a vivid dreamer and sleep enthusiast.

Stay the # out of my dreams.

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I think you may have misinterpreted what I said. I don't find this particularly surprising at all. It's just cool that they managed to collect experimental results from it. With prior knowledge that people sleeping aren't oblivious to their surroundings and the processing of stimuli goes further than just loud noises waking somebody, it seems logical that something like this is possible.

originally posted by: slatesteam
a reply to: Morbidlynx
Hmmm okay “known for awhile that your mind processes external stimuli”

Vs.

Answering researchers questions....

Not exactly thunder, or a dog wanting to be let outside

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
originally posted by: JohnnyAnonymous
Exactly!

If people could interact with each others dreams, that would be something. If we could also control the dream world you experience, it would take immersive VR to a whole new level.

Yes!

Thats exactly what I was thinking about. It would make sense that at one point this would become perhaps as easy as two (or more) players/participants interacting in a scenario or even a game like environment.

And here's the thing about technology... by the time it has been made public, it was already tested and researched many years if not decades before it was released upon us "civilians"

Johnny

edit on 2/20/2021 by JohnnyAnonymous because: I made a Boo Boo !

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Chalk me up as another person who genuinely thought this was common knowledge.. Not just with lucid dreams, but sleeping in general.

There are different levels of lucid dreaming too, when it comes to our awareness. The most typical is one where we are unaware of the external in the direct world we are perceiving. Of course, our brain still processes external stimuli. I mean, a loud sound will wake most people up and Id have to guess this is quite beneficial to survival.

The level on the other end of the spectrum is being simultaneously aware of the dream state world and the world around us physically. Theres a range in between, but once we go out of this spectrum, we tend to either go into "normal" sleep mode or wake up.

Its a much, much deeper "thing" than simply a method to experience flying. Thats fun though

All that said, Id think if one were to explore how much can be communicated while someone is asleep, lucid dreams would probably be the best choice to first explore. So, that was a good approach, in spite of it being more rare (relatively speaking) than "normal" dream states.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Robert Monroe wrote about monitors conversing with people while they were having OBEs in his book Far Journeys, published in 1985.

Not apples to apples but I'd say OBEs and lucid dreaming are similar enough for comparison reasons.

Also, people communicate while under hypnosis.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
Also, people communicate while under hypnosis.

From what I understand Hypnosis is something entirely different as your not asleep during, or 'unconscious' ... your Super Conscious. At least as it was described to me by a few hypno-therapist.

This is probably the most common misconception about hypnosis. You never lose your full sense of awareness or fall asleep in hypnosis. On the contrary, you are actually more fully awake. All levels of hypnosis are characterized by increased attention, and it’s this heightened concentration that increases your receptivity to suggestion.

John Mongiovi, Board Certified Hypnotist

Johnny

edit on 2/20/2021 by JohnnyAnonymous because: Tiny Tiny Typos

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous
To be honest, that explanation seems a little flimsy to me but even if it is correct, who's to say people are not also more fully awake during lucid dreams and OBEs?

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I am surprised the CIA let this get out !
you can use this to Make people think how you want.
get them to vote for bidden and riot !

see a picture or the word of a white man and smell dead body.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 08:52 AM
link   

great , thats all we #ing need , advertisements while we dream

kill me now

top topics

<< 1   >>

join