It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Capitol Police suspends 6 officers with pay, investigating 29 others over Jan. 6 riot

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 09:59 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

"Our Office of Professional Responsibility is investigating the actions of 35 police officers from that day," spokesman John Stolnis told FOX 5 of Washington, D.C. "Acting Chief Yogananda Pittman has directed that any member of her department whose behavior is not in keeping with the Department’s Rules of Conduct will face appropriate discipline."

Stolnis didn’t specify what allegations led to the suspensions or why the officers were being investigated.

A few officers have been accused of allowing the rioters to breach the Capitol with no pushback - despite the many outnumbered officers who struggled to keep them out - and at least two rioters have told the FBI an officer said to them, "This is your house now" when rioters smashed their way in the building, FOX 5 reported.

well, this is interesting. I'm curios, does the part where police welcomed "insurrectionists" into the house, change any charges they may face? I ask only because it kind of looks like entrapment when you are invited in, then charged for being there.

And again with this disclaimer for the slow folks, what happened on the 6th of January 2021, was a horrible thing regardless of facts, and should never happen again. All those who were violent and destructive need to be punished.
we now return you to one of the few venues you are still allowed to ask questions in.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude
I have been wondering what the punishment would be for being invited into the and walking around peacefully.

Anyone who was violent should face appropriate punishment but what about the people who were let in and were nonviolent should they be punished?

I for one dont think they should face any punishment as they were let in and walked through the building taking selfies.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I said it then and I say it now... no officer should had been placed in that situation. That’s was a failure of their leadership for having them outmanned and without the necessary tools to handle such a mob (disclaimer: not all people that attended the Jan 6 event were rioters... that’s clear to me)

From a few reports I’ve read some were told to abandoned their post and I can only imagine that some decided that it was not worth it to die or get injured fighting such a massive crowd or cause injury to those who took part on the insurrection.

This situation could had been more catastrophic than what it was in terms of police and/or civilian loss of life.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Themaskedbeast

I’ve read multiple reports of people just following the crowd. I think at this point the FBI is more concerned with those that aided and abetted the riot instead of looking for Joe from Montana who just happened to follow a crowd and started taking selfies in the rotunda.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch

This situation could had been more catastrophic than what it was in terms of police and/or civilian loss of life.

that certainly appears to be true, now that we know that only one person was intentionally killed that day, and she was killed by a cop. But at least the outrage served it's purpose.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   
There is video of officers opening the doors and gates for protestors to let them in.
One vid shows them actually holding the doors open for them as they enter.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Ole Nancy is under pressure now. Judicial Watch has taken to court that they are requesting emails between the capital police and Pelosi's office that they were refused. Who told the capital police to stand down and who refused to call in additional support? It has already come out that the FBI had warned well before the event that trouble was coming and yet no one seemed to act on it. Who gave the stand down orders?

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Somewhat related; anyone know how many folks have been charged with sedition and/or insurrection yet?

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   
"Conspiring with ANTIFA and BLM at Nancy Pelosi's request", is part of the investigation.

Pelosi repeatedly turned down offers of additional Capitol protections for Jan 6th.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Seems like good news, but probably not.

It's obvious as to why they are being investigated, just watch any video involving some of the "officers".

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Can you imagine how this will look when it's revealed that it was a set up, and Trump was innocent?
LOL, I'm guessing the MSM will just pretend it never happened, Facebook and Twitter will censor the story, and everyone will just go on believing what the Ministry of Truth tells them.

#clownworld

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Ole Nancy is under pressure now. Judicial Watch has taken to court that they are requesting emails between the capital police and Pelosi's office that they were refused. Who told the capital police to stand down and who refused to call in additional support? It has already come out that the FBI had warned well before the event that trouble was coming and yet no one seemed to act on it. Who gave the stand down orders?

Good post

Very deja vu-ish.... 2001

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Watch an investigation uncover major Democrat infiltration targeting the Jan 6th operation 😎

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

depends on who does the investigation. Currently, Pelosi is in charge of it, so yea, fox guarding the hen house, as it were.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Be careful with those words "set up" ,I only voiced that a couple of days ago and was lambasted for it. As for the MSM they'll just keep going with deadly rioting and dangerous insurrection.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

so far, it's just speculation. But facts are the catalyst to change.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I know right. I mean if a cop was like "go ahead and buy heroin from that sketch dude on the street over there" it's totally cool right? No way that common sense enters into the picture and the cop might be incorrect. Entrapment!

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Anything to shift the blame away from the Agent Provocateurs huh?

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
I know right. I mean if a cop was like "go ahead and buy heroin from that sketch dude on the street over there" it's totally cool right? No way that common sense enters into the picture and the cop might be incorrect. Entrapment!

Yeah cause buying heroin and walking into the capitol where the doors are being opened are like the same thing and should be punished equally.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Conservatives still lack the spine to push back on this?

Nine of this would have happened if the process was tranparent. But dismissing every case without hearing arguments created this situation. Not Trump.

If you don't grow the stones to stand up and push back you are lost in 22, 24, 26, and 28. At the very least.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join